Recruiting 2024 Early Signing Day Thread

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
Heres my thing. I tend to be more even about things. They are generally not as bad nor as good as we may think. There are countless threads and posts on this board about how NIL and the transfer portal has changed everything. How these athletes are now just mercenaries for the highest bidder, etc, etc. But when kids act exactly the way one would expect given all the said posts, just because they were "committed" to UF it's different?! BN certainly has criticism that is merited, but if we are reasonable we should temper some of that criticism on this subject in light of this. I agree, he and or the admin needs figure out how to operate in this environment but the reality is there are several other factors outside of his control that contributed to losing players. On top of that, as I stated earlier, 50% of all these "mercenaries" will be with different teams within 2 years, so whats the point of taking these results as some sort of true barometer of the performance of the staff if all the other teams experience the same things?
The UAA thanks you for being such a better fan than those others! Please send money!

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Hey, Let's discuss these factors out of Billy's control.
I'm not being an azz here. (I know that's a shock)
I'm seriously interested in these factors, that contributed to the decline of this class, that are out of Billy's control.

The way I see it, players don't want to play for a losing program.
This is proven by comments from the players themselves.
Billy's control.

Players losing their position coach.
Not sure if this was under Billy's control or not. Were they fired? Or, Did they leave on their own?

NIL Dollars?
Not under Billy's control.
Understood. And I agree with the items that you highlight under his control. The only other one I would add in there which you could perhaps lump together with NIL is Transfer portal, or ability to transfer at will. In my opinion, that far outweighs the other two factors that you cite under Billy control. Its been well reported that at least 2 of our players were lost to NIL money. Its has also been reported that UF had to significantly up the NIL amounts for DJ and LJ. I dont blame them, hell a big different between getting 200k versus 100k not to say 1mill versus 500k. Given those two things (ability to transfer at will, NIL $), makes perfect sense, go with who can offer the most money, if you dont play, not happy in a year or two then just transfer.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
here we go again.... :rolleyes3:
Its definitely the sign that a coach is about to, but certainly needs to, be fired when we get the positivity preachers feeling they are necessary or beneficial.

Also there's this and many others like it - This is the key to being a successful entrepreneur - and it's not what you'd have thought

Pessimistic people are more likely to be successful entrepreneurs​

Researchers advise optimists to work for others rather than themselves to avoid disappointment​

Last edited:

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
You have tipped you hand and like to diddle with the boys, because only a boy lover would get the same satisfaction from a circle jerk as getting laid.
This post made Ox's addition of the "snow" on our avatars have a far grosser connotation.

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
Its been well reported that at least 2 of our players were lost to NIL money. Its has also been reported that UF had to significantly up the NIL amounts for DJ and LJ. I dont blame them, hell a big different between getting 200k versus 100k not to say 1mill versus 500k.

Someday it would be interesting to read a factory tour report, describing how the NIL sausage is made.

My understanding of the original intent of NIL was that there was supposed to be plausible wall of separation between the NIL funders on the one hand and the athletic dept and coaches on the other.

That doesn't seem to be the model for what is actually happening out there in the combat zone.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Understood. And I agree with the items that you highlight under his control. The only other one I would add in there which you could perhaps lump together with NIL is Transfer portal, or ability to transfer at will. In my opinion, that far outweighs the other two factors that you cite under Billy control. Its been well reported that at least 2 of our players were lost to NIL money. Its has also been reported that UF had to significantly up the NIL amounts for DJ and LJ. I dont blame them, hell a big different between getting 200k versus 100k not to say 1mill versus 500k. Given those two things (ability to transfer at will, NIL $), makes perfect sense, go with who can offer the most money, if you dont play, not happy in a year or two then just transfer.
Agreed, and sadly, that's where the passion and love for College Football is slowly fading away. For me anyway.
Strange actually, I can only compare it to a death of a beloved sports personality, that passes on.
The more we suck, coupled with NIL and the portal, the less interested and more apathetic I turn.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Someday it would be interesting to read a factory tour report, describing how the NIL sausage is made.

My understanding of the original intent of NIL was that there was supposed to be plausible wall of separation between the NIL funders on the one hand and the athletic dept and coaches on the other.

That doesn't seem to be the model for what is actually happening out there in the combat zone.

It was never going to be separated and was always going to lead to pay for play. Private sector always outsmarts the regulators. It took like 3 days for a um booster to skirt the “no booster” rule by forming an LLC with other members. Roughly 72 hours and a legalzoom download and you had people standing in amazement like, “yep, didn’t think about that” as current players were given, and future players promised, monthly payments. :lol:

I will say this. It’s not a chunk of upfront cash as it’s often depicted. Don’t ask me how I know, but I can conform from direct contact that there are not huge sums of money given before or at signing. I don’t know when or how players are being paid, but it’s only promised and not upfront.

Rhvgator

Mar 10, 2021
We Gator fans, first and foremost, demand that our coach be loyal to the program. If he isn’t loyal, he must be fired. Also, if there is a coach out there that is better than him, the current coach must be fired and every effort must be made to hire that other coach. The new coach that is perfect that has been hired is also the obvious wrong choice, and we all knew he was wrong. Any coach should gladly welcome a week to week contract, and that goes for his assistance also.

We understand that we will not win every game. That’s too high minded. We know that there will be dumb obvious blown calls that refs will make, or that other teams will get away with obvious cheating to win. But if our coach doesn’t point this out, while also taking full responsibility for the obvious blown calls and cheating, the coach should be fired. The games should be fun to watch. And by fun to watch, they should mostly be blow out wins in the Gators favor. All epic games that are decided on the final play or last minute(s) should be Gators win.

Our coach should be humble and should also be able to rag on our rivals. The coach needs to be a young, up and comer who has successful experience running a major program. He must give hourly press conferences too explain what he is doing and why, and specifically go on all team message boards for updates and to field questions. He should have open practices so we can see what he is doing while also create trick plays that surprise the opposing team.

As for recruits, we don’t expect to get all of the top 5 star recruits or portal transfers. That’s obvious. There are only so many spots on the roster. We just demand that our coach sign them all, except for the obvious, overrated busts. Our coach must also find those diamonds in the rough that no one else is going after, while also maintaining the top recruiting class. The players he signs must be loyal, and don’t give me that “we got out paid by the other school” bull. At UF, we shouldn’t have to pay any player except for the ones that are loyal to the program and obvious need to be paid.

We should be pessimistically optimistic, or maybe we are “better sunshine pumper fans“

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
We Gator fans, first and foremost, demand that our coach be loyal to the program. If he isn’t loyal, he must be fired. Also, if there is a coach out there that is better than him, the current coach must be fired and every effort must be made to hire that other coach. The new coach that is perfect that has been hired is also the obvious wrong choice, and we all knew he was wrong. Any coach should gladly welcome a week to week contract, and that goes for his assistance also.

We understand that we will not win every game. That’s too high minded. We know that there will be dumb obvious blown calls that refs will make, or that other teams will get away with obvious cheating to win. But if our coach doesn’t point this out, while also taking full responsibility for the obvious blown calls and cheating, the coach should be fired. The games should be fun to watch. And by fun to watch, they should mostly be blow out wins in the Gators favor. All epic games that are decided on the final play or last minute(s) should be Gators win.

Our coach should be humble and should also be able to rag on our rivals. The coach needs to be a young, up and comer who has successful experience running a major program. He must give hourly press conferences too explain what he is doing and why, and specifically go on all team message boards for updates and to field questions. He should have open practices so we can see what he is doing while also create trick plays that surprise the opposing team.

As for recruits, we don’t expect to get all of the top 5 star recruits or portal transfers. That’s obvious. There are only so many spots on the roster. We just demand that our coach sign them all, except for the obvious, overrated busts. Our coach must also find those diamonds in the rough that no one else is going after, while also maintaining the top recruiting class. The players he signs must be loyal, and don’t give me that “we got out paid by the other school” bull. At UF, we shouldn’t have to pay any player except for the ones that are loyal to the program and obvious need to be paid.

We should be pessimistically optimistic, or maybe we are “better sunshine pumper fans“
Max Greenfield Reaction GIF by CBS

:lol:

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014

:what2:

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014

Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014

Excited Gold GIF

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017

Well said. We need to get you a job in the front office. We're one step closer to my pay-per-win contracts.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You have tipped you hand and like to diddle with the boys, because only a boy lover would get the same satisfaction from a circle jerk as getting laid.
Youre the weirdo that was talking about jackoff sessions . Now I’m convinced you’re a 54 year old virgin . Not necessarily a queer just a weirdo that couldn’t get laid in a whorehouse . I pity you north Texas , you ****ing weirdo .

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I will say this. It’s not a chunk of upfront cash as it’s often depicted. Don’t ask me how I know, but I can conform from direct contact that there are not huge sums of money given before or at signing. I don’t know when or how players are being paid, but it’s only promised and not upfront.
What are you, a lump of clay?
200.gif

Defend the Swamp

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2018

This is quite possibly the dumbest mutha fuching thing I’ve ever read. You might not be the dumbest fucher in the world but, your mom surely hopes he doesn’t die.

Oh, and tell her I said to stop calling me. Four times was way more than enough.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015

How bout we just start by hiring someone that can count to 11 on a consistent basis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.