2024 Investing Thread

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Yup... you'll be able to receive your guaranteed income from Blackrock to pay your rent on your Blackrock provided housing...
Read my post in the Mortgage rate thread from yesterday about foreclosures....or should I say no foreclosures. Banks are already lining up buyers and not Mom and Pop investors for any upcoming foreclosures. They simply are not going to incur the holding, maintaining, renovating and transaction cost this time around. They take a Deed in Lieu, then off the property directly into the hands of one of the big boy buyers...Welcome to America, land of diminishing opportunity...

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Welp here's another reason to de incentivize investing....

Not gonna read, but you know how I feel about these... they float an idea, won't get it, but then the idea is out there for the future.

That said, here is my take given that this is part of his BUDGET proposal and not something put forward by Congress: OMB is COMPELLED to calculate any surplus/deficit in anything they review using the numbers given, period. So Joe's awesome ideas run up an even more massive deficit... how does he offset that for the OMB calculation? Put in a ridiculously massive tax that offsets said spending, VOILA! Then Jim Jordan has to run around to all the Fox shows saying "HERE ARE THE REAL NUMBERS WITHOUT THAT TAX THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN!" Then we have to hear the Dems run around and say, "THE OMB SAYS NO DEFICIT!!!"

Stupid and doomed.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Not gonna read, but you know how I feel about these... they float an idea, won't get it, but then the idea is out there for the future.

That said, here is my take given that this is part of his BUDGET proposal and not something put forward by Congress: OMB is COMPELLED to calculate any surplus/deficit in anything they review using the numbers given, period. So Joe's awesome ideas run up an even more massive deficit... how does he offset that for the OMB calculation? Put in a ridiculously massive tax that offsets said spending, VOILA! Then Jim Jordan has to run around to all the Fox shows saying "HERE ARE THE REAL NUMBERS WITHOUT THAT TAX THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN!" Then we have to hear the Dems run around and say, "THE OMB SAYS NO DEFICIT!!!"

Stupid and doomed.
Spending at 1 trillion every 100 days has pushed the interest service on the debt beyond what is coming in. Hence my comments about China, Japan, and alot of other countries dumping treasuries and forcing interest rates higher.....They are literally making us insolvent partially due to the Russian sanctions....but that's another story for another time...

Shortfall will be taken out of the citizens ass....

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Spending at 1 trillion every 100 days has pushed the interest service on the debt beyond what is coming in. Hence my comments about China, Japan, and alot of other countries dumping treasuries and forcing interest rates higher.....They are literally making us insolvent partially due to the Russian sanctions....but that's another story for another time...

Shortfall will be taken out of the citizens ass....
At least there won't be any inflation involved...

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

Stupid and doomed.
Sort of like the UN-Affordable health care act was going to cost the US Gov "only" 990B to 1T dollars in total over time? What are we up to almost 5T?

Or back in the late 90's when the Gov was running a surplus and so the Gov extrapolated that it would run a surplus annually going forward at the same rate? All the while Greenspan keeps telling those morons to attack these entitlement programs NOW while you have this surplus. Well of course the non money geniuses assumed the cup would continue to runeth over and ipso fatso here we are for numerous reasons, 2001 etc etc etc. Point is no one nothing nobody can predict 10+ years anything, especially the OMB b/c as Deet noted they are working with completely made up BS that some politician put on their desk.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Some company is buying that POS. Had people trying to talk me into that stock when it was in the 20's. told them it was a loser going to zero. They tried to convince me the photos for realtors etc. was going to change the world. Good timing by your daughter though.
CoStar also owns apartments.com, Ten-X… all kinds of stuff. They do data analytics and platforms for all kinds of stuff. Son #2 says they’re not great, but they have a lock in their space

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The turd last night said she is picking up INTC today after an expected hammering on opening bell. And going long on PYPL.

I am going to follow her this time... which means these are both officially bad decisions.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
The turd last night said she is picking up INTC today after an expected hammering on opening bell. And going long on PYPL.

I am going to follow her this time... which means these are both officially bad decisions.
She is going a little more up in market cap with these choices. Maybe she is becoming a little more cautious in her "old age" and trying to eliminate the volatility and protect her large gains?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Anyone else adding to TLT/EDV? Looks like GDP took a poop yesterday and inflation data was about what was expected today. Hell even if you have to sit in it for a while it's paying nearly 5% yield while you wait....I sprinkled in more EDV twice this week...
It also looks like the 10yr and DXY are coming up on resistance in the charts which could give gold and the metals a second wind in the coming weeks after a 2 week cooldown.....Damn Newmont up like 14% yesterday after reporting it DOUBLED it's earnings(they're the largest gold producer in the world)...that was a steal at $29.00...it's at around $43.00 currently and still paying a decent dividend. Copper is simply on fire...

Last edited:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Anyone else adding to TLT/EDV? Looks like GDP took a poop yesterday and inflation data was about what was expected today. Hell even if you have to sit in it for a while it's paying nearly 5% yield while you wait....I sprinkled in more EDV twice this week...
It also looks like the 10yr and DXY are coming up on resistance in the charts which could give gold and the metals a second wind in the coming weeks after a 2 week cooldown.....Damn Newmont up like 14% yesterday after reporting it DOUBLED it's earnings(they're the largest gold producer in the world)...that was a steal at $29.00...it's at around $43.00 currently and still paying a decent dividend. Copper is simply on fire...
No but I did make a large purchase in the 2 YR treasury auction on Tuesday. Of course that was the morning that the PMI numbers sucked and rates feel a lot only to have gone back up but I think the short end of the curve is anchored. I also am seeking more 4+% tax free munis as they have come down in price a bit, some even trading below par. But I will not go below low investment grade.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
But I will not go below low investment grade.
Yup....I know I'm somewhat of an extremist regarding the state of our economy but I'll stick with short term holdings at nearly zero risk....even the EDV makes me think twice before pushing the buy button and I wouldn't if it weren't yielding close to shorter term stuff.

What are you seeing on the LT auctions....I know Japan and China have been dumping for a while now? In an adverse kinda way it is flattening out the inverted curve though.....I think Bear steepening is the correct term.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator