2024 Investing Thread

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
It's beyond war people....this Administration has clusterf vcked our currency and the entire global macro picture.....gold is the mature guy in the room(beyond traders) it just doesn't make moves like this unles it sniffs out problems....

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
It's beyond war people....this Administration has clusterf vcked our currency and the entire global macro picture.....gold is the mature guy in the room(beyond traders) it just doesn't make moves like this unles it sniffs out problems....
Gold just busted 2400 again. Ended the day at $2400.50. Gee whiz.

If Silver can break $30, it's gonna run massively. Last high was $49 in 2011.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Gold just busted 2400 again. Ended the day at $2400.50. Gee whiz.
Global debt is at 336% of global GDP....CPI measured by 1970's standard is currently 12%...
Word is last weeks "surge control" on Friday was from big money firms trying to push back on price to load their big money clients into the metals before...

lift off space GIF by US National Archives

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Kid bought MTTR on March 27 for $1.94. It's up 180% today. What. The. Fuch. :facepalm:
Some company is buying that POS. Had people trying to talk me into that stock when it was in the 20's. told them it was a loser going to zero. They tried to convince me the photos for realtors etc. was going to change the world. Good timing by your daughter though.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Some company is buying that POS. Had people trying to talk me into that stock when it was in the 20's. told them it was a loser going to zero. They tried to convince me the photos for realtors etc. was going to change the world. Good timing by your daughter though.
CoStar is the "Bloomberg terminal" of the commercial real estate world. Son #2 has used it in every shop he's been in (JLL, Starwood, and a few smaller ones). I'm probably not getting this right, but think of it as "MLS for big boys"

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
CoStar is the "Bloomberg terminal" of the commercial real estate world. Son #2 has used it in every shop he's been in (JLL, Starwood, and a few smaller ones). I'm probably not getting this right, but think of it as "MLS for big boys"
Got it. Will take your word for it as we know the Bloomberg Terminal is the "creme del la creme". So in essence it will be pocket change to CoStar vs, waiting to pick it up in bankruptcy.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Got it. Will take your word for it as we know the Bloomberg Terminal is the "creme del la creme". So in essence it will be pocket change to CoStar vs, waiting to pick it up in bankruptcy.
Probably... I'm not sure how much $ CoStar commands, but it has a monopoly like racket in the commercial/industrial/everything not residential world similar to Bberg terminals is how I understand it... I'll ask Son #2 tonight, he obviously knows more than me.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Record size 2 year auction today got gobbled up faster than a vulture gobbling up roadkill. Of course I participated which is why it went out 10 basis point below where it was trading this AM. Of course those very week purchasing manager's surveys did not help me. Will be interesting to see if the appetite is similar with the large 5 year auction on Wednesday.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Isn't this more or less how coal mines in this country used to work?
Or the paper mill (now International Paper) right here in Cantonment (yes, actually named "Cantonment") that I drive by to Squirrel Ranch. When Rog (RIP Rog!) was a little boy, he lived in Cantonment when it was still a "company town" and it still has that feel.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Or the paper mill (now International Paper) right here in Cantonment (yes, actually named "Cantonment") that I drive by to Squirrel Ranch. When Rog (RIP Rog!) was a little boy, he lived in Cantonment when it was still a "company town" and it still has that feel.
So what was once universally recognized as a bad idea is now suddenly a good idea. Well it is a good idea for Black Rock I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.