Recruiting 2024 Recruiting Thread: 4* 315 pound DL D'antre Robinson commits

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not on On3, but get sent blurbs occasionally. So did not see it. Saw the Powers guy on a podcast and he basically said the measurables weren’t so good.
I think the real reason behind it is they admitted they only have two people that do all recruiting evaluations for the entire company. Charles power and one other guy. They review 1600 kids a year.

247 has a team.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
But he's @URGatorBait height.
i will hunt you down michael rosenbaum GIF by #Impastor

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think the real reason behind it is they admitted they only have two people that do all recruiting evaluations for the entire company. Charles power and one other guy. They review 1600 kids a year.

247 has a team.
That’s f’ing crazy.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014

247 has a team.
J
I just want to thank you for all you bring to this board. You put a lot of effort in, so guys like me can get good accurate info. Your posts have clout. I know you love our gators. I’m 78 years old and I have been a diehard gator fan all of my life.
Thanks for all you do!

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
J
I just want to thank you for all you bring to this board. You put a lot of effort in, so guys like me can get good accurate info. Your posts have clout. I know you love our gators. I’m 78 years old and I have been a diehard gator fan all of my life.
Thanks for all you do!

I do it for the pay. Ox pays me in rolos and hand jobs.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Ok, serious question for j or alky or anyone else who's following recruiting closer than me. What would take for us get that #1 recruiting ranking and is it a possibility? I guess that was technically 2 questions lol. Would Jeremiah Smith do it?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
3* CB Teddy Foster announces on Friday. We are the heavy favorite.

Don’t be fooled by the ranking. Considered to be one of the top CBs this cycle. Big time recruit right now. CR loves his game.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Ok, serious question for j or alky or anyone else who's following recruiting closer than me. What would take for us get that #1 recruiting ranking and is it a possibility? I guess that was technically 2 questions lol. Would Jeremiah Smith do it?
I don’t have your answer but it appears we are taking fewer than georgia, the current #1. If we finish with high enough quality, we may not be #1 on paper but as good per player as any team ahead of us.

Side question- georgia took a full class last cycle and are at 25 this cycle, probably not finished. Did they lose a lot to graduation and portal?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Nope. Georgia has 9 Top 100 kids. We have 6. We’re probably still in it for 2 more Top 100 kids. They’re probably in it for about 3 or 4 more.

Ohio State is still in it for multiple 5 stars. But if they lose JS to us and don’t bring in any other 5 stars, then we have a shot to surpass them.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t have your answer but it appears we are taking fewer than georgia, the current #1. If we finish with high enough quality, we may not be #1 on paper but as good per player as any team ahead of us.

Side question- georgia took a full class last cycle and are at 25 this cycle, probably not finished. Did they lose a lot to graduation and portal?
They’ll just push kids out.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
A lot. Everything would have to go perfectly for the last spots, including Smith and others falling to us. Additionally, we'd likely need some current recruits to get bumped up. I'd give up on that thought. Just keep good thoughts about keeping what we have and adding players the coaches want.

Yes, I think we can trust this staff. They have shown the ability to evaluate talent, even 3* talent.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Nope. Georgia has 9 Top 100 kids. We have 6. We’re probably still in it for 2 more Top 100 kids. They’re probably in it for about 3 or 4 more.

Ohio State is still in it for multiple 5 stars. But if they lose JS to us and don’t bring in any other 5 stars, then we have a shot to surpass them.
Some smoke that Riddick will end up flipping from UGA to Bama

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I would love that.
There is no way that Bama makes a run without poaching a few. I think we're more or less safe from their net, based on relationships. But, when they decide to make their run, it's going to be a lot of momentum

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Very informative.

They rank based on how/if they think the player will be drafted in the NFL. That explains low rankings for recruits that may be great in college, on a certain team and/or scheme, but don't have the measurables (build) for the NFL. (Like the 2 DE/LB committed that a short and stocky).
Also adds another reason to never give them my money. They are looking at college football primarily as a feeder of the NFL instead. Projecting what a HS player will be in 4-5 years is guaranteed to be absurdly inaccurate.

But of course, they’ve never felt obliged to accuracy.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Also adds another reason to never give them my money. They are looking at college football primarily as a feeder of the NFL instead. Projecting what a HS player will be in 4-5 years is guaranteed to be absurdly inaccurate.

But of course, they’ve never felt obliged to accuracy.
I did ON3 in thier first year. They lost all credibility with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator