Recruiting 2024 Recruiting Thread: 4* 315 pound DL D'antre Robinson commits

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Bottom line is kids don’t want to sign on with a shyyty coach, a shyyty staff and a shyyty on-field product. They want to see improvement year over year and week to week here in year 2 and they’re not seeing it. They want to go somewhere where they can 1) win and 2) be developed so they maximize their chances of getting to the next level.

Billy is not doing any of that for them. The bottom line is he’s a crappy coach and he’s not cut out for this job. That’s just the truth of the matter, plain & simple. Keeping him around another year does nothing for us except setting us back even further.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Bottom line is kids don’t want to sign on with a shyyty coach, a shyyty staff and a shyyty on-field product. They want to see improvement year over year and week to week here in year 2 and they’re not seeing it. They want to go somewhere where they can 1) win and 2) be developed so they maximize their chances of getting to the next level.

Billy is not doing any of that for them. The bottom line is he’s a crappy coach and he’s not cut out for this job. That’s just the truth of the matter, plain & simple. Keeping him around another year does nothing for us except setting us back even further.

100%

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Y’all just gotta Billyieve the process
Get Out Crash GIF by GritTV

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Most here don't seem to understand Sractlin's genius. The program NEEDED to be rebuilt, but from scratch, tear it down and rebuild completely. Napier was brought in to ensure we are at rock bottom with absolutely no place to go but up. Give him another year and we will be there, ready for a proper and full rebuild. Takes time. Patience.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

I can’t disagree with anything you said but it’s not happening this year.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I don’t know for sure about the signing bonus but my guess is you can. 2 entities (player and party retaining his NIL services) should be able to structure a contract as they see fit so long as they don’t break state & federal laws. My guess is there would be a legal way to structure the deal to pay a portion upfront.

Regarding cheating, but why would they need to cheat the old way when they can NIL it in the new era without the risk of cheating? That’s what I’m curious about.
It might not be prudent but I also believe the NCAA nor anyone else is as focused on catching inducements since NIL. They really weren't doing it before, so doubtful they are now. I can imagine it's even easier now to throw a little extra money at recruits. Who is really watching?

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
It might not be prudent but I also believe the NCAA nor anyone else is as focused on catching inducements since NIL. They really weren't doing it before, so doubtful they are now. I can imagine it's even easier now to throw a little extra money at recruits. Who is really watching?

You’re probably correct about that.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I have a sneaky suspicion this is all part of the process.

One thing we know about Billy is that he's 50 steps ahead of everyone else. If any recruit flips it's only because Billy knew it would happen. My guess is that they flip back once they see that no other program will have movie night and volunteering. Billy literally hand picked his recruits who have character and would never choose winning over character building.

Billy has a plan and a process and the process is the plan as it processes within the plan relative to plans and processes.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Is this class even top 10 at the moment?

Probably until Amaris Williams flips to OhSt. I said Saturday night we’d be clinging to Top 10, and 3 of the 4 flips I called have happened, with insiders calling AW to the Bucks any time. I hate it but it’s been coming for weeks, and Ark was the icing. Repeat mode here but you just can’t do what we’re trying to do. It doesn’t work.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016

Be prepared to be set back another year. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator