Recruiting 2024 Recruiting Thread: 4* 315 pound DL D'antre Robinson commits

Kevlo911

Oct 29, 2019
It won’t be calm even if we sign every single commit. The knives are out no matter what happens.
Good for business then
Real Estate Realtor GIF by South Park

abefroman

Sausage King
Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2019
Current pumper spin on twitter is "remember there is a late portal period too and Billy plays chess not checkers" or some such nonsense.

Disregarding that we heard the same thing last year and added nothing, why would waiting until after spring training to add OL be the "chess" way to do it? Maybe it's one more spring training with an OL coach who is better than ours.

Hamster-Steals-Chess-Piece.gif

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
It won’t be calm even if we sign every single commit. The knives are out no matter what happens.
Its not just recruiting, its the entirety of his tenure. Portal looks dead, staff is pursuing pwos, our OL coach is dicking around with an unranked pwo. If we sign the current 19 its still only a decent class with a staff that cant win games, cannot motivate or train a team.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I can agree with your assessment of Napier but, Mullen with two #7 classes, get out of here with that sh!!t. Hell, if we go by what showed up on campus, he never cracked the top 20.
Look, I complained at the time that the #7 was fake and it was really like #15 because he lost 5 from that class immediately.

But there is no damn reason to believe even if we retained Slingblade that the same wouldnt happen to him. He has already lost TWELVE from his 2022 class. TWELVE. Worse than Cousin Eddie.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We will get a couple of decent players and a QB that is a pretty big project, though I like his gunslinger ways. We've missed on almost every highly ranked DT and OL, should sound familiar bc that is the McElshark and Cousin Eddie plan just repeated again and again.

The problem is a couple of nice pieces that will develop into something in 2025 or 2026 arent going to help this guy out of his nosedive nearly fast enough. The 2022 class should have, and most of them left. Portal might help in 2024 and yet he's been completely oblivious to the fact it exists.

But we no doubt put the most effort into our PWO program of any P5 in the country.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

That’s a product of his being stupid and arrogant and thumbing his nose at the fans. The Uk game was 2.5 months ago. He callously refused to give up play calling that day, accused some fans of not knowing what they were talking about, and in subsequent weeks made a mockery of fans’/media’s STs concerns. All en route to a 5-7 season and a disastrous start to the offseason. Don’t want the knives out? Don’t be an idiot and practically beg them to be.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think LJ is going to be our best DT since the last decade.
He is a DE. 270 is not a DT. 320+ is.

No doubt well do what weve always done, move DEs to DTs, and LBs to DEs and safeties to LB, then wonder why our defense is 130th again.

Last edited:

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
That’s a product of his being stupid and arrogant and thumbing his nose at the fans. The Uk game was 2.5 months ago. He callously refused to give up play calling that day, accused some fans of not knowing what they were talking about, and in subsequent weeks made a mockery of fans’/media’s STs concerns. All en route to a 5-7 season and a disastrous start to the offseason. Don’t want the knives out? Don’t be an idiot and practically beg them to be.
You’re not drinking enough

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He is a DE. 270 is not a DT. 320+ is.

No doubt we’ll do what weve always done, move DEs to DTs, and LBs to DEs and safeties to LB, then wonder why our defense is 130th again.
I meant DE. He’s more of a classic WDE. Not sure what that is in this scheme.

There’s a type of pass rushing DT called the F in this scheme. I think that’s what Slackman is being recruited for.

There seems to be some concern for an existing injury with Slackman.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I meant DE. He’s more of a classic WDE. Not sure what that is in this scheme.

There’s a type of pass rushing DT called the F in this scheme. I think that’s what Slackman is being recruited for.

There seems to be some concern for an existing injury with Slackman.
F is usually the SDE. Some teams call it A for Anchor. Others use F for I dont know what, just the next letter after E probably. It is the other edge if you will, but is the usually noticably heavier end. He's often dealing with the TE and OT and has more run responsibilities. He might be a two gap responsibility in some schemes. Think Jon Bullard as prototypical. He should be 290-300.

LJ could probably develop into an SDE with added weight. Not a bad prediction to develop into an F.

Last edited:

ted

Aug 24, 2019
We will get a couple of decent players and a QB that is a pretty big project, though I like his gunslinger ways. We've missed on almost every highly ranked DT and OL, should sound familiar bc that is the McElshark and Cousin Eddie plan just repeated again and again.

The problem is a couple of nice pieces that will develop into something in 2025 or 2026 arent going to help this guy out of his nosedive nearly fast enough. The 2022 class should have, and most of them left. Portal might help in 2024 and yet he's been completely oblivious to the fact it exists.

But we no doubt put the most effort into our PWO program of any P5 in the country.
I have no idea how the complexities modern recruiting works and I am probably wrong, but wouldn’t it stand to reason that pre signing day visits would feature the elite prospects that you are trying to flip, solidify an existing commitment, or let a transfer portal target see your facilities and campus. What the absolute **** with all of this attention paid to PWO’s……bring them in after the holidays. It’s like all of this is fake news because it is absolutely ludicrous that we would have our elite 5 star QB on campus with a bunch of guys who are unranked OL, but tragically it’s 100 percent true. When Lagaway signs on Wednesday there will be no question that he wants to be a Gator. Hopefully in 12 months the Gators will be coming off of an 8-4 season having navigated one the hardest schedules in the last 10 years and we would have turned the corner on three straight losing seasons.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
He hasn't helped himself.

I still want to think it's because he's overwhelmed rather than just Muschamp arrogant.

I'm also the guy that believes, down 3 scores with two mins left, we can still win it.

BN can still turn things around.

He has to close this class. We sit at 20, with several probably defecting, so he HAS to hit humerus from the portal at positions of need.

He also has to to a great developer for the DL and OLs. And a recruiter for each.

He also needs an OC. He needs to stay away from gameday calls. Even if he fixes the Jimmies and Joe's, and gets great coaches that can develop and recruit, he'll cost us 2-3 games because of his idiot game day calls and the inability to adjust.

All of this is STILL within his ability to change.

He's down 3 scores with 2 minutes left. (imo).

He's got the ball. ESD is the first scoring opportunity.

Second is the portal.

Score there, and staff changes are the final scoring opportunity.

Still need a 2 point conversion to win it: HIRE A FUCHING ST COORDINATOR YOU FUCHING IDIOT.

Last edited:

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I have no idea how the complexities modern recruiting works and I am probably wrong, but wouldn’t it stand to reason that pre signing day visits would feature the elite prospects that you are trying to flip, solidify an existing commitment, or let a transfer portal target see your facilities and campus. What the absolute **** with all of this attention paid to PWO’s……bring them in after the holidays. It’s like all of this is fake news because it is absolutely ludicrous that we would have our elite 5 star QB on campus with a bunch of guys who are unranked OL, but tragically it’s 100 percent true. When Lagaway signs on Wednesday there will be no question that he wants to be a Gator. Hopefully in 12 months the Gators will be coming off of an 8-4 season having navigated one the hardest schedules in the last 10 years and we would have turned the corner on three straight losing seasons.
Sorry Ted, next years win total is 2.5 games

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
War Damn Eagle, I guess. Im not sure why he is pretending to be a Gator still.

Freeze could end up top 5 if he finishes scrong.

Screenshot_20231217-085045.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator