Recruiting 2024 Transfer Portal Ranked #5 Overall: 4* WR Elijah Badger headed to UF

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Can’t…don’t own a zoom lens for movie equipment.
Slam Dunk Basketball GIF by NBA

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well, they’ve landed a transfer QB from uga(I’m certain he was a 4-5*) and now a once coveted WR.Meanwhile, we’ve got 4 kids on campus, 3 of whom no one’s ever heard of. We talked about how JM and DM had allowed the talent level to slip to a point where they weren’t far behind us talent wise. We’re watching it happen again. So it’s less a matter of them owning us and more a matter of us deliberately choosing to not reassert the talent disparity we enjoyed for 3+ decades. It’s completely within our control.
Their QB was the #1 QB in the country but he came from the smallest classification in GA high school football. He has barely touched the field in 3 years.

This WR has 1 catch on the year.

I think we’ll survive.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Their QB was the #1 QB in the country but he came from the smallest classification in GA high school football. He has barely touched the field in 3 years.

This WR has 1 catch on the year.

I think we’ll survive.
Survive?

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
My point is, any one of us would take a high paying job if offered to us. I don't fault tater for that taking a job he's unqualified for.

I fault the guy that hired him.

You could also apply your logic to Stricklin, taking a job he’s not qualified for that pays him a shyt ton of money. So we can’t blame Stricklin and need to direct our anger only at the person who hired Scotty from Missy State?

The reality is we can & should blame Sun Belt Billy AND Stricklin AND Foley AND all the other admin folks that have had a hand in our shytshow football program strategy (I.e.- the repeated hiring of azz clowns, failure to invest in facilities, failure to invest in upgraded support staff, etc.) over the past 13-14 years. They all share the blame.

Specific to Billy, I blame him for a number of reasons, not the least of which is that he is something I despise…a fcvking FRAUD!

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
This might be the case. Rumors are probably swirling that he is done. Sure hope they are smart enough to fire Strichnine first.

I keep waiting to hear which OL coach is getting sh!t canned. Easily one of the worst units on the team with super poor recruiting, yet no firings announced? Strange, indeed.

He won’t fire shytty assistants because if one of said assistants ever gets a HC gig, he’ll hire Billy at an overly inflated salary as repayment for previous favors. It’s how a lot of these shytty coaches are able to always have a nice job waiting in the wings.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Sidebar. Watching 30 For 30 earlier tonight and it was focused on Peyton Manning returning to UT for his senior season. They showed footage of us beating them in the Swamp, 33-20. The stadium was packed, standing room only, and was absolutely rocking.

It‘s absolutely criminal that this dipshyt Scott Stricklan has been given free rein to reduce the capacity from 90,000+ to as low as 75,000. If this SOB isn’t fired before he’s able to set this plan in motion such that it can’t be undone, he will have single-handedly done more to wreck our football program than all others combined. What a stupid, boneheaded stupid fcvvking idea if ever there was one.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You could also apply your logic to Stricklin, taking a job he’s not qualified for that pays him a shyt ton of money. So we can’t blame Stricklin and need to direct our anger only at the person who hired Scotty from Missy State?
That sounds great, but that guy no longer works for the University of Florida.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Sidebar. Watching 30 For 30 earlier tonight and it was focused on Peyton Manning returning to UT for his senior season. They showed footage of us beating them in the Swamp, 33-20. The stadium was packed, standing room only, and was absolutely rocking.

It‘s absolutely criminal that this dipshyt Scott Stricklan has been given free rein to reduce the capacity from 90,000+ to as low as 75,000. If this SOB isn’t fired before he’s able to set this plan in motion such that it can’t be undone, he will have single-handedly done more to wreck our football program than all others combined. What a stupid, boneheaded stupid fcvvking idea if ever there was one.
I’m with ya on Stricklin, but the seat reduction is almost entirely due to making the original part of the stadium (all but North end zone) ADA compliant. It’s not a choice if we make renovations, it’s law.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I’m with ya on Stricklin, but the seat reduction is almost entirely due to making the original part of the stadium (all but North end zone) ADA compliant. It’s not a choice if we make renovations, it’s law.

Other schools have renovated their stadiums since ADA became applicable without reducing capacity by 17%. With a $400m starting budget, we should be able to figure it out, too.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
That sounds great, but that guy no longer works for the University of Florida.

But that doesn’t change the fact that we can’t be angry at Stricklin using your logic.

And the guy who is no longer works at UF is still alive, so we can still be angry at him, no?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.