Recruiting 2024 Transfer Portal Ranked #5 Overall: 4* WR Elijah Badger headed to UF

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think they are now calling both "DEs", both what we would traditionally call SDE and WDE as an "Edge" now, probably bc it looks cooler or something. Obviously the heavies arent play the "WDE/jack" position that flexes into coverage as an "OLB".

It appears that the primary qualification for the Edge position at UF is the ability to loaf through every third play.
Maybe they can come up with a position name that better reflects that approach. Two thirds of an Edge or Edgy sometimes or something like that.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
It appears that the primary qualification for the Edge position at UF is the ability to loaf through every third play.
Maybe they can come up with a position name that better reflects that approach. Two thirds of an Edge or Edgy sometimes or something like that.

Half-a-loaf?

1000_F_181260381_sRCvZL1Q4kNHNHsjoc9tGuuhgVhFwU7f.jpg

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Derek Wingo shows up on Slimebaum and talks about sticking with Florida during the transfer portal era.

Maybe he's also concerned no one would take a linebacker that wears a purse

UF-FSU-walk-17.jpeg

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Derek Wingo shows up on Slimebaum and talks about sticking with Florida during the transfer portal era.

Maybe he's also concerned no one would take a linebacker that wears a purse

UF-FSU-walk-17.jpeg
Modern style is pretty much lost on me, so I won't comment on the purse, errrr, "murse", but I've been impressed with Wingo for a long time. No, he's never lived upto the 5* hype, but he strikes me as a hard working and intelligent kid who will do very well in life outside of football. His actions match his words and he clearly chose UF for the right reasons.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Modern style is pretty much lost on me, so I won't comment on the purse, errrr, "murse", but I've been impressed with Wingo for a long time. No, he's never lived upto the 5* hype, but he strikes me as a hard working and intelligent kid who will do very well in life outside of football. His actions match his words and he clearly chose UF for the right reasons.

He was very impressive on Finebaum.
He has a bright future well beyond football.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Good b/c he sure does not have a future in football on the field, as a player I mean.
He would be fine as an outside LB in a 4-3, damn near prototypical. But we play a Big 12 nickel defense vs run run run teams for reasons that cant be explained beyond eating too many crayons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.