Recruiting 2024 Transfer Portal Thread: Washington starting Safety Asa Turner headed to UF

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Tater is in so far over his head. I am starting to get Mullettttttt vibes like he is trying to get fired so he can pack up his $ and go.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Leaving Kali Uchis GIF by Tyler, the Creator

GatorScott

If you ain't first, you're last
Jan 21, 2019
I'm emotionally dead at this point. The only thing left is a morbid fascination with this disaster akin to watching someone get eaten by a bear piece by piece.
Am I wrong in my analysis that each year we've ranked higher in the Top 10 and then Top 5 Universities in the country, we've digressed worse and worse annually football program wise in conjunction with the Public University rankings? I'm about ready for us to be an average ranked university again if it means we restore our football program to Top 10 annually.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Am I wrong in my analysis that each year we've ranked higher in the Top 10 and then Top 5 Universities in the country, we've digressed worse and worse annually football program wise in conjunction with the Public University rankings? I'm about ready for us to be an average ranked university again if it means we restore our football program to Top 10 annually.
Or drop to D2 or D3.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
If anyone is still left believing this is the right guy to turn this program around, please chime in and explain why. I have not been a Billy hater but this situation we are currently in is inexcusable and has made us look like laughing stocks of college football. Why in gods name would we wait another year to fire this guy? This is ridiculous. What is Lagway going to do? Can he play 10 different positions? That is if we can keep him to begin with.

GatorScott

If you ain't first, you're last
Jan 21, 2019
If anyone is still left believing this is the right guy to turn this program around, please chime in and explain why. I have not been a Billy hater but this situation we are currently in is inexcusable and has made us look like laughing stocks of college football. Why in gods name would we wait another year to fire this guy? This is ridiculous. What is Lagway going to do? Can he play 10 different positions? That is if we can keep him to begin with.
rip off the band aid immediately and start over is the only way to begin the fix or we just lose another year wasted

Avenger48c

No Longer Cautiously Optimistic
Lifetime Member
Aug 24, 2019
1. Fire everybody. From Stricklin and Billy down to the ticket takers. Clean house.
2. Put Spurrier in charge of the coaching search. Tell him to bring in an offensive guy. Give him however much cash he needs to do it.
3. Hire Urban and put him in charge of recruiting and the portal. Make the NIL people pay whoever he wants them to, just restock the team with players so the new HC can win on day 1. Call him "VP of Football Personnel" or something. Give him a 1 year contract and renew if the new HC wants him to stay. Tell him it's a legacy play and invite him into the ROH as a condition of doing it.
4. Go get a football guy for AD. Someone with a proven record of administration in a winning program that isn't one of our immediate rivals.
5. Get Tebow in as interim HC to give speeches to the team and keep morale up and as many players from transferring as possible. Make it clear to him that his entire job is to do whatever he can to keep the players happy and inspire them with what it means to be a Gator.

Last edited:

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Didn't you read his manifesto?!?!?!?

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Firing Billy won't matter if Strickland isn't gone first. Any coach Strickland would bring in will keep us in the back of the SEC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.