Recruiting 2025 Recruiting Thread- 3* DL Riser Jeramiah McCloud commits

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
Can’t wait for the off season puff pieces to come out about how good we’re going to be and then we shyte the bed per usual

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Can’t wait for the off season puff pieces to come out about how good we’re going to be and then we shyte the bed per usual
You can't wait for that? You already said you don't even watch the games anymore, so why even bother with these comments?

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Charlie Brown Football GIF

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
We led for the number one safety for a while. He’s in Zephyrhills. DJ Pickett.

Because of the on field production
, we are no longer in consideration. He just released a top five and we are not in it.
This is WHY he should be salivating at coming to UF!

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
You can't wait for that? You already said you don't even watch the games anymore, so why even bother with these comments?
Nah cuh, I never said I don’t watch the games , just that I don’t get livid/engaged as I once was. Although I did miss some games this year. It just isn’t a priority like in the old days

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I really don't foresee many puff pieces from the Gator writers this offseason. They have the knives out quicker than I've ever seen.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I really don't foresee many puff pieces from the Gator writers this offseason. They have the knives out quicker than I've ever seen.
As a guy who had initial high hopes for Billy, and it hurts a little to say this, but Billy is pretty much writing their articles for them. I was happy about attention to culture and I don’t think Billy is intentionally dishonest, but he has proven thus far to be a mule trader trying to get into the Kentucky Derby (no pun) and the “Process” and Saban-esque organization of human assets and resources has been pretty much disorganization. He’s got a lot of reconstruction to do to change the forecast. I know we need some consistency at his position, but so far it has all pretty much been a bad consistency. It really does make me sad, but I’ll get over it pretty quick when we start looking like a cohesive organization and not a loop of the Little Rascals skits. Winning games we have historically won should have been a start, not to mention matching up with the Dawgs.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
As a guy who had initial high hopes for Billy, and it hurts a little to say this, but Billy is pretty much writing their articles for them. I was happy about attention to culture and I don’t think Billy is intentionally dishonest, but he has proven thus far to be a mule trader trying to get into the Kentucky Derby (no pun) and the “Process” and Saban-esque organization of human assets and resources has been pretty much disorganization. He’s got a lot of reconstruction to do to change the forecast. I know we need some consistency at his position, but so far it has all pretty much been a bad consistency. It really does make me sad, but I’ll get over it pretty quick when we start looking like a cohesive organization and not a loop of the Little Rascals skits. Winning games we have historically won should have been a start, not to mention matching up with the Dawgs.
Cover I love you and this is a fantastic take but why you so negative bruh ?

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Cover I love you and this is a fantastic take but why you so negative bruh ?
After a decade plus of coaching failures (should also add administrative failures) I had high hopes that Billy would be a breath of fresh air and I was struck by his attention to changing a culture that was toxic by several accounts and anywhere from underperforming to abjectly failing by others. Billy had the incoming reputation of being a worker and having worked for Saban, which can be good or bad perhaps, depending on your viewpoint, but copying his organizational structure was not the worst thing a coach could do. Unfortunately the implementation and utilization fell quite short.

But Billy also had the reputation as a forthright dude who was not afraid to work. He was an up-and-comer and was doing well in his conference. His players loved playing for him. It looked to be the time for him to step above the Sunbelt. It was risky but intriguing. Another positive was he wasn’t bringing any overt baggage with him. His tune was evidently sweet music to Stricklin’s ears.

Turns out that should have been a big warning sign to me. I’m sure others felt that initially. It didn’t take long for problems to pop up in virtually every area of the Gator football program. Bottom line, he has produced two consecutive losing seasons and beyond all the other programmatic issues, there are questions about his ability to build a roster through high school and portal recruitments (and processing out re the latter) that will be competitive with the best of the SEC.

If he was Spurrier with his 95-96 staff, I’d say he could likely take the roster assembled this year and produce at minimum a winning record and a bowl invite, possibly challenge for the right to play for the conference championship. But Billy’s not SOS. He’s not Muschamp, McElwain, or even Mullen at their high water marks and thus far there’s nothing to suggest he’s going to reach those plateaus. Except hope. I usually am quick to remember that hope is never a good plan. But I let my guard down. Won’t do that again. I’ve got to see many tangible improvements. I’m personally having a hard time believing that’s going to happen based on what I’ve seen to date. Hope I’m wrong, but not thinking so.

Last edited:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Fvvvvkkkkkk… I guess the good news is there is plenty of time to work on flipping him.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I think we've all learned that commitments mean absolutely nothing, especially this early.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
What I learned was that you shouldn't end the season in embarrassing fashion if you want to keep the talent you have committed.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
What I learned was that you shouldn't end the season in embarrassing fashion if you want to keep the talent you have committed.
What I learned is you need to offer these guys more money if you want to outbid the others. 12-0 or 0-12 makes zero difference to this current set of mercenaries.

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
The one thing I feel like I need from Billy is a good solid 3 or 4 months of positive momentum with no controllable set backs. His entire tenure here has been a roller coaster of negative and positive that has led to one of the most uneven unsettled periods I’ve seen in the program. What’s maddening is the inconsistency seems to be week to week, game to game, and some times play to play. It seems to extend to recruiting, (a top 3 class all fall only for it to disintegrate in the week prior to signing day) coaching hirings and firings and the aforementioned playcalling.
I need him to just show the ability to stream together, some consistency. It’s not that bad things won’t happen, it’s just that he can’t screw up things with a double reverse flee flicker after just getting a solidly blocked 20 yard run to get to midfield. Recruiting this cycle is going to need to be a class that solidly trends to top 10 the whole time. The portal needs to be attacked with some urgency like your job Depends on it. The real question is, can he do it?

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
The one thing I feel like I need from Billy is a good solid 3 or 4 months of positive momentum with no controllable set backs. His entire tenure here has been a roller coaster of negative and positive that has led to one of the most uneven unsettled periods I’ve seen in the program. What’s maddening is the inconsistency seems to be week to week, game to game, and some times play to play. It seems to extend to recruiting, (a top 3 class all fall only for it to disintegrate in the week prior to signing day) coaching hirings and firings and the aforementioned playcalling.
I need him to just show the ability to stream together, some consistency. It’s not that bad things won’t happen, it’s just that he can’t screw up things with a double reverse flee flicker after just getting a solidly blocked 20 yard run to get to midfield. Recruiting this cycle is going to need to be a class that solidly trends to top 10 the whole time. The portal needs to be attacked with some urgency like your job Depends on it. The real question is, can he do it?
We already know the answer.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Recruiting this cycle is going to need to be a class that solidly trends to top 10 the whole time. The portal needs to be attacked with some urgency like your job Depends on it. The real question is, can he do it?
The fact that you strangely capitalized "depends" tells me you have been having some problems downstairs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator