Recruiting 2025 Recruiting Thread- 4* OL (Top 150) Peyton Joseph decommits

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We lost out on a portal WR to Syracuse .
Yes the mighty Orange from Syracuse that hasnt been worth a **** in 25 years
I don’t think he even visited. Looks like his grades were really bad. He got stalemated at admissions.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
All these years and I still can't tell if ox is serious or not.
Seriously, not serious.

Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
As to the lineman out of USC, I'm hearing that our staff is happy with our line situation and may want to consider WR as more of a need to fill.
Also hearing that they're slow to react because they have their own analysis and grading to establish on a player AFTER they land in the portal. Also hearing that this staff understands they're slow and are working to get faster and more efficient.

Do I believe all the above, or like it?
Turn in next week, same time, same channel to find out.

Until then, keep it sunny Gator Congregation Nation!
:chomp:

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
We lost out on a portal WR to Syracuse .
Yes the mighty Orange from Syracuse that hasnt been worth a **** in 25 years
Remove players Belly coached at Louisiana, Which of his portal acquisitions have been real contributors besides Pearsall? Point being, they do not get players that can start at an SEC school so it doesn't really matter. Just like we missed LBs and OL Belly let transfer out when he was hired, if we have some OL injuries and lack of quality depth to fill the holes, we will likely wonder what could have been if they landed the IOL from USC. But today, staff feels good about our OL. That would be coming from his non play calling Assistant OC Sale.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
As to the lineman out of USC, I'm hearing that our staff is happy with our line situation and may want to consider WR as more of a need to fill.
Also hearing that they're slow to react because they have their own analysis and grading to establish on a player AFTER they land in the portal. Also hearing that this staff understands they're slow and are working to get faster and more efficient.

Do I believe all the above, or like it?
Turn in next week, same time, same channel to find out.

Until then, keep it sunny Gator Congregation Nation!
:chomp:
In this particular case, I'm not sure what there is to evaluate. The lineman in question, Jason Zandamela, a Tampa product, was a recruit in the most recent class ('24) and lasted at USCw for all of four months before deciding he wanted to come back to the state Florida. Since we offered him a scholly when he was coming out of HS and he's had no opportunity to play a single down for anybody, what could possibly have changed in the last four months? Unless it's an injury or a discipline issue, it should be a no brainer.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
In this particular case, I'm not sure what there is to evaluate. The lineman in question, Jason Zandamela, a Tampa product, was a recruit in the most recent class ('24) and lasted at USCw for all of four months before deciding he wanted to come back to the state Florida. Since we offered him a scholly when he was coming out of HS and he's had no opportunity to play a single down for anybody, what could possibly have changed in the last four months? Unless it's an injury or a discipline issue, it should be a no brainer.
Agreed, and I would take him. But I think CBN and staff are "happy with their current o-line" and, therefore, aren't willing to upset that room and don't want to spend the slot on him since they're at or near capacity and may want to, instead, go after another target like a WR.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Since we offered him a scholly when he was coming out of HS and he's had no opportunity to play a single down for anybody, what could possibly have changed in the last four months? Unless it's an injury or a discipline issue, it should be a no brainer.

I think this answers your own question.

And your logic is indisputable. We were relegated to in home visits with PWO’s the week of NSD. Theres zero justification for us not pushing for him.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Agreed, and I would take him. But I think CBN and staff are "happy with their current o-line" and, therefore, aren't willing to upset that room and don't want to spend the slot on him since they're at or near capacity and may want to, instead, go after another target like a WR.
I won't give you a facepalm, because you're just the messenger, but to turn away a 4* OL guy you once recruited who has 4 seasons of eligibility left - from Tampa no less - is moronic. So, CBN this is for you: :facepalm:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think this answers your own question.

And your logic is indisputable. We were relegated to in home visits with PWO’s the week of NSD. Theres zero justification for us not pushing for him.
Billy has the roster he wants. Until October, then he doesnt have enough talent to win bc Mullen.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
      Members
      Latest member
      TheFoodGator