Recruiting 2025 Recruiting Thread- 3* DL Riser Jeramiah McCloud commits

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
More like
tv show no GIF by Robert E Blackmon
So, if they're 8-4 this year and better next year, you'll turn them off and not watch?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
See, what I don’t know is, can the AD command his HC to make changes, hire a competent OC?
Well a competent AD would know to ask the right questions during the interview process.

Im not sure how you "save the guy from himself". The problem isnt just one thing:

It is DC

And STC

And OC.

And Recruiting Coordinator.

And S&T

There isnt a single part of the football program going well. What are you "saving" exactly?

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Well a competent AD would know to ask the right questions during the interview process.

Im not sure how you "save the guy from himself". The problem isnt just one thing:

It is DC

And STC

And OC.

And Recruiting Coordinator.

And S&T

There isnt a single part of the football program going well. What are you "saving" exactly?
So his boss doesn’t ask, WTH are you thinking, teams that win don’t look like yours?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He won’t transfer if we bring in the right guy. We need to stop bringing in these midtier coaches.
I agree. He came here for a lame duck coach. And there's probably a nice nil deal here for him. I imagine he'll atleast give a new coach a chance

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
I would say, yes. The AD does have that power. But in college athletics they rarely exercise it. In that position, they have a lot of duties beyond just football. They have every other sport. All the coaches under those sports. Fundraising. And now NIL.

We need one just over football. Call him what you want. GM or AD. But there needs to be somebody just over football.

The head coach in the NFL does not handle salary cap or the contracts. And neither should he in CFB.
This is the guy they brought in to do just that. They call him the Chief of Staff, but I recall the talk being he would oversee the football stuff Stricklin doesn't have time for doing other AD stuff.

FTR, there is nothing about the times he was anywhere in the past that inspires confidence that he is remotely competent.

Last edited:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Jeremiah McLeod has decommitted from Mississippi State. This has been in the works for a while. We are the prohibitive favorite.

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
But finding the "right" guy is much more complicated now imo. How is that even defined?

This isn't the thread for it, but imo, the UAA needs to set up a position of GM for football. That person hires the HC. They could do that NOW. The GM needs to set up the talent aquisition system (recruiting and portal), NIL and quantatative and quantifiable requirements for the next HC. The GM also needs to do or oversee marketing to attract NIL and recruits.

AD needs to do the other, non revenue sports.

Just hiring a new HC won't change anything long term.

Q1: How many top tier proven head coaches do you think would agree to this arrangement?

Q2: Can you point to ANY P5 programs that have this setup? Napier gets beat up a lot because of his unconventional approach in not having a dedicated ST coach ... and this proposal is even more unconventional.

if Napier isn't up to the job, the answer is Replace Napier. The answer is NOT Build New Bureacracy and Handcuffs for the Next 4 head coaches,

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
If we can collect $40 million a year in donations for facilities upgrades, why does this number seem unsustainable?

Even that is tangible and something you can look at years from now knowing you contributed. Watching a kid like Etienne play for a rival after you helped get him a million dollar NIL deal? Quite different. Thats just my take.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
Fellas, Ox is correct. Stricks would rather be gang banged in prison than fire Napier. He just wont do it unless hes forced to. I also would not be surprised to see napier here in '25 irrespective of record

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Fellas, Ox is correct. Stricks would rather be gang banged in prison than fire Napier. He just wont do it unless hes forced to. I also would not be surprised to see napier here in '25 irrespective of record
True, but I'm curious to the accuracy of the rumors that Sasse very straightforward told Nape that this year is 7 wins or he's out. I know it was hinted at by several people after the season. IAKOW being one fwiw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator