Billy Napier - UF Head Football Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
That's reality.

Ive already been way more positive for this guy than the last two. We KNEW the last two were incompetent hires.
I'm in the same boat. I don't see anything much that screams "GREAT HIRE" about this guy - but I'm grateful that the last ass hole is officially gone for good. And since I have no choice but to hope for the best or kick rocks, I'm going to hope for the best - for now. Of course, I've tried that crap before and we all know how well that went. One positive thing I will say about CBN at this early stage is that he supposedly has a terrific work ethic and is reputed to be good with people. If true, he's already leaps and bounds ahead of Diply Mulletson. Que serra, serra.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Stricklin

"I've followed and studied Billy Napier's career with interest, and he became the primary target immediately after this position came open," athletic director Scott Stricklin said. "We felt confident he would be an excellent leader for the Gators, which is why he was the only candidate I met with about the job. Billy's ability to bring highly-talented people together - players, coaches, and staff - along with his vision for having a strong, relationship-based culture is what made him such an attractive choice. Add in how detailed his plan is for player development, staffing and recruiting, along with a sustained desire to improve, and it's easy to see why he's been successful."

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@osgators: Updated with quotes, including @ScottStricklin saying Napier was the only candidate he met with re: opening.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm in the same boat. I don't see anything much that screams "GREAT HIRE" about this guy - .
He is a great hire if he drags this AD office by their hair into the 21st century regarding support staff, hires good at least coordinators to fix his gameday issues, and recruits recruits recruits.

Trailerbammer and Ugly shouldn't OWN this state. We did that by hiring two absolutely repulsive head coaches.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I'm in the same boat. I don't see anything much that screams "GREAT HIRE" about this guy - but I'm grateful that the last ass hole is officially gone for good. And since I have no choice but to hope for the best or kick rocks, I'm going to hope for the best - for now. Of course, I've tried that crap before and we all know how well that went. One positive thing I will say about CBN at this early stage is that he supposedly has a terrific work ethic and is reputed to be good with people. If true, he's already leaps and bounds ahead of Diply Mulletson. Que serra, serra.
You really don't see a damn thing that says good hire? NOTHING? Even Donkey can name some things.

Some of you guys are nutjobs.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Starkville Dork didn't even talk to anyone else. Dumbass.

giphy.gif

Gator_Chompz

Founding Member
Marine 4 Life
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I’ve read he runs a 25 person recruiting team in the $2.1 million range and runs 2 strength coaches, 5 staffers and 3 nutritionist. This will look quite different than we are used to

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Starkville Dork didn't even talk to anyone else. Dumbass.

I doubt that this is true. Stricklin has known for months that Mullen was flaming out. I can't anything about face-to-face conversations with other candidates, but there almost certainly were conversations with agents and other people. And with Teams and Zoom, face-to-face conversations could have taken place without ever leaving ones office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator