5* OT Alex Leatherwood

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Leatherwood will make his final decision and sign his enrollments papers on DEC 16th. From what I'm hearing we've gained some serious ground here and it's going to be US or Bama.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Leatherwood will make his final decision and sign his enrollments papers on DEC 16th. From what I'm hearing we've gained some serious ground here and it's going to be US or Bama.

If he wants to play early he'll commit to us, if he wants to win championships as soon as he arrives on campus he'll go to Bama. Simple as that

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It is still a long time until Dec 16. Hopefully we can put it together on the field to help show him we are moving in the right direction.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Would be a massive get considering hes a top bama target and commit but I don't think its really likely.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
If he wants to play early he'll commit to us, if he wants to win championships as soon as he arrives on campus he'll go to Bama. Simple as that
I agree! I'm hearing (from my buddy in Pensacola who's a high school coach) he's looking for immediate playing time. There's no doubt he'd start for us immediately but "The little bastard" is telling him he can start for them immediately also. There's no way in hell he starts at Bama next year with the dudes they have on that depth chart.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If it's between us and Bama we're screwed. The only time I think we've ever won that war in the last 7 years was with Eddie.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If it's between us and Bama we're screwed. The only time I think we've ever won that war in the last 7 years was with Eddie.

"In 12 years at Florida, I don't think we ever signed a kid from the state of Alabama ... Of course, we found out later that the scholarships they were giving out at Alabama were worth a whole lot more than ours."

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
i hope he makes it just for his name alone.

Leatherwood sounds like he could pancake blockers just by looking at them.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
With as high of a recruit as he is Mac is probably not giving him much attention anyway. He'd rather be in Montana recruiting a 2* OL who ranks 498th at his position.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

They came after Voshean Joseph at the end of last year hard. He was a Plan B for them, after they missed on whomever they had in front of him. I was very surprised when Joseph ended up at UF. Our bagman must have made a second drop off to reaffirm his commitment.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Would he sign with an interim coach? I mean, we'd have fired Mac by Dec 16, right? If not outright lynching him?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Well we got perine, he was a bama kid right? Bama didn't want him until the end if I remember correctly. Bama's plan B's and C's are always our top targets. That says a lot :(

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Maybe our domination in the lsu game will seal the deal for him.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We need more guys named Leatherwood.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
And Satan didn't get Perrine.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm just happy it's not coming down to us or LSU. He'd end up in BR for sure.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
If his dad is Mike we have a leg up.
Indian River State College men's basketball coach Mike Leatherwood is hanging up his clipboard after 37 years as Pioneers head coach.

Leatherwood, Florida's winningest junior college men's basketball coach, celebrated his retirement ? effective July 31 ? during a surprise party school officials threw for him Monday at the Koblegard Student Union Center. The 61-year-old earned his 700th win in January and finished his career 703-424.

"I love coaching," Leatherwood said. "It's a lot of hard work ... but it's been good to me, and I hope I've been good to Indian River. I'm looking forward to retirement. After 39 straight years, 37 at Indian River, I need a break."

The Pensacola native began coaching the Pioneers in 1970 at age 22 after ending his playing career at the University of Florida. It was his first head coaching position, and aside from a two-year stint with the Kuwaiti national team, it is the only one he has held.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If his dad is Mike we have a leg up.

The Pensacola native began coaching the Pioneers in 1970 at age 22 after ending his playing career at the University of Florida.
I'm going to venture a guess that this isn't his dad :lol:

maxresdefault.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.