5* WR James Robinson

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
6'3, 185

He's on the verge of committing. Calls UF his dream school. He's working with the coaches to get back up. Looks to be between us and Clemson.

It's an insider article. If you don't have it with ESPN, here's a quick recap of his top 4:

Clemson: Like family
UF: Dream school
OK: Good chemistry
OSU: Meyer is his dream coach

Both us and OSU are in the hunt for two 5* star wide receivers in Florida. Robinson and Grimes.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/sec/insider/post?id=114663

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This would be huge! But I hate the early, early commits. He's a 5-star and will be hounded by Meyer, Saban, Harbaugh, Richt, Fisher, and all the other top coaches until the last day. Seems like the early, high ranking commits are the ones most likely to flip.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
This is great news. Now let's get some 5* linebackers from Florida.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
If we can show that we have a QB that will throw it more than 10 yards down field and not to the guy in the 3rd row this year, then we should have a chance with him and many other recruits in the near future.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
6'3, 185

He's on the verge of committing. Calls UF his dream school. He's working with the coaches to get back up. Looks to be between us and Clemson.

Is it insider article. If you don't have it with ESPN, here's a quick recap of his top 4:

Clemson: Like family
UF: Dream school
OK: Good chemistry
OSU: Meyer is his dream coach

Both us and OSU are in the hunt for two 5* star wide receivers in Florida. Robinson and Grimes.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/sec/insider/post?id=114663

Why would a WR want to play in Meyer's offense? Has Urbs ever had a 1000 yard receiver? He's a run heavy guy where as the other three coaches have had receivers with big years.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Why would a WR want to play in Meyer's offense? Has Urbs ever had a 1000 yard receiver? He's a run heavy guy where as the other three coaches have had receivers with big years.
Was thinking the same thing, hes too small to block...

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I'm sure the 3 national titles have something to do with it.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This kids commitment means nothing. He said in the article that he is still going to take visits and only signing on the paper is when he really commits. Why even bother giving a verbal if you know you aren't truly committed...

"I can commit, but it’s when I sign that paper is when it’s final."

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I guess that's why Nebraska had all those great WRs in the 90s...

So you think Urban would be this kid's dream coach if he didn't have the national titles? :rolleyes3:

You asked why this kid would want to play for Meyer. I gave the answer that makes the most sense.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This kids commitment means nothing. He said in the article that he is still going to take visits and only signing on the paper is when he really commits. Why even bother giving a verbal if you know you aren't truly committed...

I agree - things will heat up in August, when all of the camps are finished. We have three very good commits - just hope we can hold onto them. The good news is, Allen seems to be recruiting for us. He looks to be solid.

ShelbyGator

Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
So you think Urban would be this kid's dream coach if he didn't have the national titles? :rolleyes3:

You asked why this kid would want to play for Meyer. I gave the answer that makes the most sense.

I also think history with guys like Percy Harvin, Louis Murphy, Riley Cooper, David Nelson, Andre Caldwell make a difference. Urban gets the ball to playmakers in space. It may mean running reverses or jet sweeps or zone reads sometime, or returning punts or kicks, but they get their chance to shine. And you get to play against mostly plodding Big 10ish defenses. I absolutely understand why a quality recruit would want to play under Urban.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
I also think history with guys like Percy Harvin, Louis Murphy, Riley Cooper, David Nelson, Andre Caldwell make a difference. Urban gets the ball to playmakers in space. It may mean running reverses or jet sweeps or zone reads sometime, or returning punts or kicks, but they get their chance to shine. And you get to play against mostly plodding Big 10ish defenses. I absolutely understand why a quality recruit would want to play under Urban.
Shelby welcome, however you might want to get an Avatar and quick....OX will assign one and it is no bueno.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014

Yep. First 18 year old retard who came out and said what everyone has known what commitments have meant over the last 10 years. Very dumb and I'm sure Dabo and Mac are fighting over which one to not be first in line.

Kid is very talented but Luke over at 247 said he thinks Daquan Green is just as talented, and we already have him in the books.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Except outside of Percy (mainly from a RB position) none of these guys ever had great seasons or was really featured in his offense. Urban's offense is a running game and WRs are not featured. I don't see why a WR would want to go to an offense where they are always the 2nd option.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Except outside of Percy (mainly from a RB position) none of these guys ever had great seasons or was really featured in his offense. Urban's offense is a running game and WRs are not featured. I don't see why a WR would want to go to an offense where they are always the 2nd option.
Urban's best pure WR was Riley Cooper aka White Jesupremacist

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics