5* WR James Robinson

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We'll see how much of a dream school we are when the big boys turn the heat up on him.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Urban gets the ball to playmakers in space.
Well, the kid can run reverses every now and then and block all 85% of the time (even the passes are basically sweeps), or he can go to a school where they let the receivers run downfield and throw it to them. It's his choice.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Grimes is all Posu...we're fighting an uphill battle at best.
He's shown interest and has us #2. He just had his first visit and wants to come back.
https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-closes-gap-on-ohio-state-for-five-star-wr
“He’s in my head every day,” Grimes said of Allen. “I have class with him and every day he talks about Florida to me. I don’t see why he wouldn’t. He’s just doing a little recruiting, and honestly, it’s helped me out a lot.

“Me and him have built a chemistry. He’s been telling me that their offense is going to pick back up, and him coming here in 2017 is a big factor with me. … He’s been telling me a lot about Florida, and I just got to come up here and experience it for myself. As of today, everything that he said to me has lived up to be true.”
Grimes and his parents moved to Florida five years ago so he could play high school football in the Sunshine State. He said distance doesn’t matter to him, but going back up north versus staying in the south is something he admittedly thinks about.

“I love this heat,” said Grimes, who plans to visit Florida State next. “You can’t beat this heat and this warmness down here. So I definitely love the atmosphere down in Florida, but if it came down to it, that wouldn’t be a major factor.”

I know we have some ground to make up, but NSD is a long ways off. You can bet he'll hitch a ride with Allen whenever he can to catch a game.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
While these kids can change their mind at anytime... there is benefit to getting them to commit. It starts a trend and other top players see it and may come also. It can create its own momentum and help get more top talent.

I hope Jake is in his ear and Grimes ear daily!

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Continual positive development of our QB situation isn't hurting.
Yup....I think this alone probably has quite a bit to do with interest from highly rated WR's and TE's. These kids aren't dummies when it comes to watching football, they know just like most of us that our offense needs a real QB.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Yup....I think this alone probably has quite a bit to do with interest from highly rated WR's and TE's. These kids aren't dummies when it comes to watching football, they know just like most of us that our offense needs a real QB.
Does a similar argument apply to our defensive recruiting?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
OSU: Meyer is his dream coach
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

He wants to go block for four years so he can get two catches a game, maybe, as a senior?

I'm not sure he is smart enough to get into UF. I hope that was just lip service.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Does a similar argument apply to our defensive recruiting?
Not quite sure what you mean. Our defensive recruiting took a step backwards the last 2 years but I think some of that had to do with uncertainty of how the coaches would run and what type of system they would run. We also seem to have some weaker recruiters on that side of the ball until Gray showed up a while back. If we show up next season, win a lot of games, like we always should, and don't have a ton of coaching turnover we can recover pretty quickly...

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Not quite sure what you mean. Our defensive recruiting took a step backwards the last 2 years but I think some of that had to do with uncertainty of how the coaches would run and what type of system they would run. We also seem to have some weaker recruiters on that side of the ball until Gray showed up a while back. If we show up next season, win a lot of games, like we always should, and don't have a ton of coaching turnover we can recover pretty quickly...
Can we? The defense has had the same time to establish it's system as the offense has had. I go with the "weaker recruiters" idea.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Can we? The defense has had the same time to establish it's system as the offense has had. I go with the "weaker recruiters" idea.
To be honest I can't completely figure it out. We have some pretty big names like Shannon and Rumph so it seems like we would be doing much better especially at their respective position groups, LB & Defensive Tackle. Maybe if Gray starts bring some guys in it will put the pressure on those guys to close some studs. I'm still undecided about our DC, Collins. He took over a fairly talented group last year and they played pretty well despite an offense that kept them on the field too much down the stretch.....I think this is the year that we really see what we have in Collins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator