60% Chance of Rain Tomorrow in Gainesville

Dec 10, 2014
Who does a rainstorm favor? And why?

Ostensibly it favors ut. I believe their kicker is probably better, and I believe they have a better chance of shutting down our run game completely than vice versa. However, I think Mac is going to have some unique running packages, and I also think our passing game is going to be based on shorter to mid-range passes. Rain shouldn't hinder that much.

Is it a wash?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
You never know for sure but UT does look to have the better rushing game.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Cyontai Lewis will play IF he gets a soft cast...he practiced Wed. Jeremi Powell is out. Anzalone isn't out but not as bad as they originally feared.....

All I can remember....all the RBs are ok except Case Harrison who had screw put in his hand tues.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Accuweather shows 14% chance of rain at 3 pm; 18% at 4 pm.....increasing hourly to 41%; 47%; 51%....then decreasing.....so,rain should not be a factor...

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I'd be more worried how it effects crowd noise. We need the place to rock to rattle Dobbs. On the field, it's a wash.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I like our history against tenn in rain games...though i also like our history against them when it's dry.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I do have to say that it seems over multiple message boards that i post on the prevailing theme over the years has been doom and gloom and as we approach closer to game day more optimism seems to creep in...feels like the complete opposite this year. Seems we all talked during the offseason how tenn was being vastly overrated and we would make it 11 in a row with little doubt and as we get closer to game day it seems a lot of people are feeling very bad about this game. Weird...

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE-;n285346 said:
I do have to say that it seems over multiple message boards that i post on the prevailing theme over the years has been doom and gloom and as we approach closer to game day more optimism seems to creep in...feels like the complete opposite this year. Seems we all talked during the offseason how tenn was being vastly overrated and we would make it 11 in a row with little doubt and as we get closer to game day it seems a lot of people are feeling very bad about this game. Weird...

Yep it is strange to see some of the postings. At places like GC you have quite a few Gator fans actually picking Tenn to win the game.

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
Rain will affect the crowd and yet UF does have the historical advantage of UT in rain games so it's a toss up.

I like our D better than UT's O and I think our run-game does just enough to control the game.

As for injuries, this is what I'm tracking:
Suspended/Out:
  • Starting sophomore QB Treon Harris (violation of university rules)
  • Starting sophomore CB Jalen Tabor (violation of university rules)
Injured/Out:
  • Starting redshirt junior LB Alex Anzalone (shoulder)
Doubtful:
  • Starting redshirt junior LB Jeremi Powell (foot)
  • Freshman S Kylan Johnson (ankle)
Probable:
  • Starting redshirt junior Rush-DE Alex McCalister (shoulder)
  • Starting redshirt freshman TE C’yontai Lewis (if soft-cast on hand)
Will play, but injured:
  • Junior WR Chris Thompson (lower back)
  • Redshirt sophomore LB Matt Rolin (unspecified injury)

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Well Gee history means little to nothing. I see no reason that we should not win this game. It is in Gville, UT is not that great, and we have a superior defense. Any improvement in offense and special teams means a win for us.

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014
I have real concerns about our run game. I think our D can put the clamps on UT, but we'll have to see if we can punch back.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n285345 said:
They haven't played our defense yet.......

Only 129 total rush yards against the Fighting Stoops', FWIW.......our D is one helluva lot better, see what the Golden Hurricanes did against OU last week for reference.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE-;n285346 said:

The entire tape of their Oklahoma game is on YouTube. They are simply a more polished team than we are in Butch's third year.....

doesn't mean they will win, though.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n285377 said:
The entire tape of their Oklahoma game is on YouTube. They are simply a more polished team than we are in Butch's third year.....

A polished turd is still a turd.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Already given up, eh? :headshake:

Let's see how polished they are in The Swamp.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Huh? Aside from a decent first quarter, they looked like total crap against OU. They also looked like crap defensively against Bowling Green, which of course, UT fans claimed was the greatest offensive cupcake team in history.

Give me an elite defense with an insane, hostile, painfully loud home crowd, over a team with "hope" any day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.