A Gator living in Ohio needs Help with BiG TeN fans

Gator Wray

Big Member
Nov 21, 2014
Living in Ohio, I keep hearing all the crap about how weak SEC football is. Now with MichSt in the top 5 it is even worse. But every time I asked why they are always comparing the other conferences to the SEC, they don't have an answer.
Heard that the Ole Miss / Alabama game had about 55 former UnderArmour All Americans on the Field for the Game.
What do I say to these mislead Fans?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Remind them that the SEC has won 8 of the last 12 national championships and the Big 10 has won 8 of the last 54 national championships. And don't let them try to include Penn State and Nebraska for the championships they won while independent (PSU) or in the Big 8/12 (Nebraska).

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Nothing. If their hating then they're envying the conference as a whole

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Nothing...they are beyond all hope and it's just not worth arguing with them. I live in Indy where there are a ton of Posu alums and it's just best to ignore them

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Let the football teams speak for you on the football field.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Remind them that they live in Ohio. That should do the trick.

* BTW, sorry about your bad luck. I can only assume that it's a job or family that has you living up them among them. But my argument remains the same because you have a standing invitation to return to the land of sunshine, rainbows, lollipops and bikini clad coeds any time you wish.... may I recommend this winter.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
joakim-noah_vacation_lg.jpg

Gator Wray

Big Member
Nov 21, 2014
Alagator;n282665 said:
Remind them that they live in Ohio. That should do the trick.

* BTW, sorry about your bad luck. I can only assume that it's a job or family that has you living up them among them. But my argument remains the same because you have a standing invitation to return to the land of sunshine, rainbows, lollipops and bikini clad coeds any time you wish.... may I recommend this winter.

Wife's family is here... But they are Indiana Fans .....

Funny I did not hear anything out of these People after 2006 .... and O$u is still winless against UF. ( They hate that fact)

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Be polite, respectful, and inquisitive. Something like this:

Congrats on getting two B1G teams ranked 1-2 in the polls this week. How long has it been since that happened? 2006, you say? Surely it couldn't be that long ago. What are the chances you guys can get TWO teams into the CFP? Oh, the only two good teams have to play each other which will knock one out? You sure there isn't anyone else who could climb up and slip into the CFP? No? Ok, just wondering. Why? Oh, because most seasons there's a few good SEC teams climbing up there, ready to jump in should someone above them lose.....like might happen to tOSU in their conference chumpionship. Hmm? What? Oh, no, you must have mis-heard me. I said championship.

I'd heard you had two divisions and wasn't sure who would challenge from the Legends...or is it Leaders...well, the other division. Probably not NEB, huh? Given they already have a losing record. But, hey, I know conference play has hardly even begun, but how 'bout them Knitting Liars, huh? What? No, I said Nittany Lions. They are sitting pretty at 1-0 atop their division despite that early loss. Pretty cool. Funny thing about that, I heard as the stadium emptied the fans were doing that traditional cheer of "WE ARE .... TEMPLES B!TCH!". Still, early losses don't sting as hard, right - like tOSU last year with VT? But at least for this week PSU is tops. Which division are they in? Oh, they are with tOSU and MSU? Well, I'm sure things will sort themselves out.

Must be great to have Urban Meyer come in and save the B1G, getting tOSU into the playoffs and winning it like he did. Heckuva coach. We know, we had him at UF and he got us a few NC's. Just don't look in the closets him and the players have - don't know what skeletons you'll find. We had a choir boy and a killer, and a few other less than stellar character guys. But hey, we were winning. I suppose it's a nice change to go from thugs like Tressel was losing with to Meyer's kind of players and some winning. Take pictures, the NCAA can't make you give those up those after the fact.

I'm curious about how you always compare yourselves to the SEC - it's not surprising, as most conferences do as well. But, I'm wondering if you compare yourselves on a league-to-league basis, or if it's just a few teams that compare themselves to a few teams in the SEC? Sure, you have ILL and we have Vandy, all leagues have someone weak. But top to bottom, do you guys feel you match up well against the SEC? I didn't think so. Once you get past the top 2-3 teams in the B1G you kinda get outclassed, huh? Ok, so you compare maybe your top team to ours, and second to second then? Obviously, you take tOSU as top of the B1G....at least until MSU can get over the hump, beat them, and stop being an also ran. Which do you pick from the SEC as the top? You know, it kinda changes every week....back to that comment I had about other SEC team climbing the rankings and being up there at the end of the season. Heck, talk about tough choices. Did you know that since 1996 the SEC has had five different schools win a total of 10 NC's? That's half of them, by just the one conference. Kinda goes against the concept of a dynasty program, or a one-trick pony of a conference, huh? How many do ya'll have? tOSU? And who else? But they won twice, right? Yeah....sorry, didn't mean you guys with that pony comment.

Enjoy the season. Maybe you're team will make it to the Rose Bowl against a Punk-10 team! No, I said Pac-10, do you have a hearing aid that might be low on batteries? What? You guys aren't locked into that bowl anymore? I thought the conference was all about tradition? Now it's more about playing for the NC? It's the right choice, IMO, but a little hypocritical to hold onto it so long only to give it up when the league has a chance to field a CFP team, no? Progress, I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.