A Small Heresy About Play Calling

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Again today against UTn, the scripted plays allowed UF to put together a drive and then after that UF struggle offensively for much of the game Could it be that the scripted plays are put together with Nuss and McElwain and McElwain giving more input during the game would improve things?

I am very big with many others here on the OC runs the offense of the head guy. I also recognizes this idea if correct absolves McElwain some, if correct. Still I wonder about this.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Again today against UTn, the scripted plays allowed UF to put together a drive and then after that UF struggle offensively for much of the game Could it be that the scripted plays are put together with Nuss and McElwain and McElwain giving more input during the game would improve things?

I am very big with many others here on the OC runs the offense of the head guy. I also recognizes this idea if correct absolves McElwain some, if correct. Still I wonder about this.
No it doesn't, it indicts him even more. If you and I had a business, and you kept screwing up your part of the work, but I knew just what to do to make it done right, yet just sat there and let you keep failing miserably until the business was six feet under, would you say I was absolved of responsibility or totally at fault?

He's sticking with this tard no matter what. He defends him non-stop, wont even consider calling plays or helping him call plays. If he could do better but refuses he's even more at fault then if he couldn't.

Last edited:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Scripting plays for the first 10 plays is probably alright however it's the entire coaching staff(offensive) job to have the players ready to execute any play in the play book depending on the direction of the game.....what bothers me is the lack of adjustments when things start to go south......

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Rumor floating around on other boards that Mac took over play calling in the 4th

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Rumor floating around on other boards that Mac took over play calling in the 4th

It didn't seem to change that much in the 4th before the final series with time running out. The only thing different that stood out was Davis breaking that long run. The passes were still those short let the receiver make a play type passes as earlier in the game.

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The play calling in the 4th was no different than the other 3 quarters. The offense still sucked, other than a very lucky TD pass.

Don't get me wrong it is ALWAYS great to beat Tennessee but, Butch Jones showed how much of an idiot he is by not running the ball and throwing four plays in a row and settling for a FG instead of a TD on their last possession. He is GONE.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
I didnt see him more active on the headset or to the guys calling in theplays.

Im gonna call bs.

Hey I just am saying what is being said over there...

I don't believe it either. It's clear to me that Nuss needs to be let go sooner rather than later but even that won't help Mac as he just isn't a good hc

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
The pass to Toney was a nice play, I im thinking in a month he makes that catch and learns to twist his body. Great effort

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Every time they showed him in the 4th he had a headset on and his mic pushed up over top of his head. Sounds like a guy involved to me...

:rolleyes2:

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Luckily our players wanted to win the game more than the coaches on that last series. Inexcusable what happened with 2 TO left, a kicker with a monster leg, and a defense on life support and that idiot tries to play for overtime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.