Aaron Hernandez Commits Suicide

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
View attachment 5513
And with no conviction, his estate may be entitled to his signing bonus/guaranteed money...
Funny, as I read the last part in the explanation of abatement and the state probably vacating the conviction, my mind flashed back to the image of him blowing a kiss at his daughter. His protection of the estate was my first thought

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Funny, as I read the last part in the explanation of abatement and the state probably vacating the conviction, my mind flashed back to the image of him blowing a kiss at his daughter. His protection of the estate was my first thought
I hope his daughter is able to collect it. It's certainly not her fault and he's not going to be around to provide for her.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
It's not, but it's ok to be delusional. RIP to a gator great AH81, to Odin Lloyd and most of all both of their families. Mental illness is a serious problem in this country.

Is Socipathy/Psychopathy mental illness?

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Is Socipathy/Psychopathy mental illness?
Yes.
Antisocial personality disorder, sometimes called sociopathy, is a mental condition in which a person consistently shows no regard for right and wrong and ignores the rights and feelings of others. People with antisocial personality disorder tend to antagonize, manipulate or treat others harshly or with callous indifference. They show no guilt or remorse for their behavior.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/antisocial-personality-disorder/home/ovc-20198975

Antisocial personality disorder is often referred to as psychopathy or sociopathy in popular culture. However, neither psychopathy nor sociopathy are recognized professional labels used for diagnosis.

A personality disorder is an enduring pattern of inner experience and behavior that deviates from the norm of the individual’s culture. The pattern is seen in two or more of the following areas: cognition; affect; interpersonal functioning; or impulse control. The enduring pattern is inflexible and pervasive across a broad range of personal and social situations. It typically leads to significant distress or impairment in social, work or other areas of functioning. The pattern is stable and of long duration, and its onset can be traced back to early adulthood or adolescence.

https://psychcentral.com/disorders/antisocial-personality-disorder-symptoms/

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Cogent thoughts from Mikey.

Tebow, you see, was the public face of Urban Meyer’s national championship-winning program at UF.

Aaron Hernandez was its secret and seedy underbelly.

Hard to believe the Gators had one of the greatest role models in sports history and one of the most heinous criminals in sports history on the same team, at the same time. And not even all of Tebow’s goodness could eradicate the immense evil Hernandez harbored inside himself.

Obviously, it was a tragic end to a soulless life, but the reaction of some of Hernandez’s former UF teammates was troublingly telling on Wednesday. It was almost as if they were mourning a martyr instead of murderer.

In another more serious case in 2007, he was reportedly never even questioned by police or his head coach even though he was a suspect in Gainesville shooting that left two men wounded, including one who was shot in the back of the head. That case, categorized as an attempted homicide, remains unsolved.

When the Gainesville Sun’s Pat Dooley asked Meyer, now the head coach at Ohio State, about the shooting incident four years ago, Meyer made it sound as if it was just a minor distraction. He told Dooley he was informed of the incident by one of his UF assistants and “didn’t think about it again until a couple of days ago.”

Sorry, but I don’t believe that. I don’t believe a football coach whose players are being questioned in an attempted homicide case is going to think nothing of it until six years later when Hernandez was arrested and charged with murder.

O.J. was a football player who committed murder.

Hernandez was a murderer who happened to play football.

And on Wednesday, he murdered yet again.

Except this time he finally killed somebody who deserved to die.

Himself.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...ernandez-suicide-mike-bianchi-0420-story.html[/quote]

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Yes.
Antisocial personality disorder, sometimes called sociopathy, is a mental condition in which a person consistently shows no regard for right and wrong and ignores the rights and feelings of others. People with antisocial personality disorder tend to antagonize, manipulate or treat others harshly or with callous indifference. They show no guilt or remorse for their behavior.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/antisocial-personality-disorder/home/ovc-20198975

Antisocial personality disorder is often referred to as psychopathy or sociopathy in popular culture. However, neither psychopathy nor sociopathy are recognized professional labels used for diagnosis.

A personality disorder is an enduring pattern of inner experience and behavior that deviates from the norm of the individual’s culture. The pattern is seen in two or more of the following areas: cognition; affect; interpersonal functioning; or impulse control. The enduring pattern is inflexible and pervasive across a broad range of personal and social situations. It typically leads to significant distress or impairment in social, work or other areas of functioning. The pattern is stable and of long duration, and its onset can be traced back to early adulthood or adolescence.

https://psychcentral.com/disorders/antisocial-personality-disorder-symptoms/

I am pretty sure it is untreatable. He was a serial killer. The world is a much better place.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Really feel sorry for his family.

Related note: nearly 2 dozen soldiers take their own lives every day. I wish more attention could focus on helping them.

So true, g8tr72. Preventing so many soldier brain afflictions, there should be an "urgency push" like the fight vs breast cancer, maybe red, white & blue NFL socks, ribbon pins, etc. showing up everywhere.

Currently, researchers fighting soldier PTSD, have a drug in the patient-testing stage that removes the workings of the neuronal networks that "convey" traumatic memories, only bad memories, leaving all other memories in tack. (This is logical, because memory works by the events (especially visual) activate/excite the most neurons (= # of nerve bundles = "fire together- wire together"). So the drug targets the most powerfully (wired-together) firing nerve "trunks" and those are most always severely negative. I can see some problems like Celine Dionne taking the drug for PTSD over her husband's death and losing her passion for singing and becoming "blah" at it.?? But the researchers will work that out and soldiers are so young, and the "hell of war experience" will always be the most important of their very damaged brain-lives.

Years ago justice would have sentenced AH to "be hanged by the neck 'til dead".
Still, "Death" is always accompanied by sorrows, a few are accompanied by more happiness than sorrow.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

Bianchi. The Pat Dooley of Orlando

He said: Especially a deranged monster like Aaron Hernandez, who should go down as the most evil athlete in sports history, even more sinister than O.J. Simpson.

Really? OJ basically sawed off the head of the mother of his children.[/QUOTE]

AH was a serial killer. He's pretty much the worst sports athlete ever.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Bianchi. The Pat Dooley of Orlando

He said: Especially a deranged monster like Aaron Hernandez, who should go down as the most evil athlete in sports history, even more sinister than O.J. Simpson.

Really? OJ basically sawed off the head of the mother of his children.

AH was a serial killer. He's pretty much the worst sports athlete ever.[/QUOTE]

Was he? He's a killer and deserves to be in prison. But has he been convicted of anything else? I mean he did shoot one of his thug compadres in the face. He did think he was a gangster for sure.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I hope his daughter is able to collect it. It's certainly not her fault and he's not going to be around to provide for her.
And he earned that money. It needs to go somewhere.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think holding down your ex wife, the mother of your children, and stabbing her so many times that you basically cut her head off is way more savage than posturing as a gangster and shooting someone.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Was he? He's a killer and deserves to be in prison. But has he been convicted of anything else? I mean he did shoot one of his thug compadres in the face. He did think he was a gangster for sure.

Say what? The guy was a serial killer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.