Recruiting According to Rivals.com

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
In 2013 UF only offered 56 players from the state, 2014 UF offered 60. In the 16 class UF has already offered 64 from the state so I think it's safe to say Mac is focusing on recruiting the state.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The state of Florida has all the talent necessary to win championships, just need the right coach to get us back where we belong.
All aboard the Macdaddy train!!

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just another example of Fukchump showing he didn't know what the **** he was doing and how half you Morons bought into his shįt.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n195848 said:
Just another example of Fukchump showing he didn't know what the **** he was doing and how half you Morons bought into his shįt.

I didn't think Ox let half-morons in here ?

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n195848 said:

Boy, that was kinda abrasive and out of nowhere. That dry heat getting to you?

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well I hope Mac can continue to get players to commit to us.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
cornbread;n195834 said:

Yeah, I can't find it either. However, it wouldn't suprise me a bit. I would like to see the breakdown of positions, and where in the state, we have offered over the past few years compared to JMac's tenure.

Jabberdave

Founding Member
Your mom is very pretty.
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Jand3k;n195881 said:
How do you offer, in one year, 60+ when you can only accept 25?

This is that shady recruiting tactic that he learned from Saban.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Jand3k;195881 said:

Because 75% will go elsewhere…

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Jand3k;n195881 said:
I suppose if you think every kid that's offered accepts then this question makes sense.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n195853 said:
Boy, that was kinda abrasive and out of nowhere. That dry heat getting to you?

How is that different from most of his other posts?

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
oxrageous;n195916 said:
I suppose if you think every kid that's offered accepts then this question makes sense.

You can't mean that someone would be offered and actually choose not to accept joining the Gators? I can understand some don't quality academicly, but to choose another school? Blasphemous.

We didn't want them anyway.

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
oxrageous;n195916 said:

I get it that all University's do it and they all offer more than they can accept because of
- not all offered accept
- not all offered qualify

But I never knew it was on the order of 60+ each year. That seems like a lot.

Plus, my initial thought was what Jabber alluded to. That we might offer and then have to rescind because of being over the limit.

Sgt. Schultz

Banned
Banned
Mar 16, 2015
I don't think it matters what the number of offers are. The best players in the state are offered by all of the three main schools, Miami, FSU, and Florida. If you can think of a five or four star that wasn't offered by all of them, it's usually because hey are a legacy or committed very early to one school, and it seemed like a waste of time to pursue them. For example, I don't think Malik Henry holds an offer from Florida because they think it's pointless to try to sway him from FSU, not because they wouldn't love to have him. I see that Rex Culpepper got an offer from UF. I don't understand why he hasn't said yes yet. He's a legacy and quarterback is a position of dire need for UF. In fact, I think they should try to get two quarterbacks for this class. There's only two quarterbacks on the current roster that have a chance of being a starter, and we don't have a clue whether either of them will pan out. Harris didn't wow anyone his freshman year and Grier has yet to play a down.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Recruiting is a numbers game based on the statistics of past history. I'm sure they look at the average number of scholarships offered to the number of scholarships accepted and go off of that. The same way airlines always overbook flights based on the average number of cancellations.

When things are going well you may end up with too many commitments for the allotted scholarships. Good for the school, bad for the player that gets screwed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator