Alabama Crimson Tide buses leave OC Lane Kiffin at stadium

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
They should just outlaw that damned forward pass thing.
I'm really hopeful that once we start throwing the ball all over the place, concrete head will return to whatever Big 10 rock from which he crawled.

He is a little whiff of Mustank in every thread.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It is apparently. Kids would rather throw for 4000 yards.

Look at their recruiting.
Are you in any way implying that you wouldn't want to have the success Alabama has had during Saban's tenure if that meant that you couldn't have a gunslinger at QB?

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
Exactly. He is awful and called a crappy game last night. If he had kept feeding Henry in the first half instead of trying to make his QB, who was having an awful game, throw on 1st down Bama would have gone into halftime up by 3 TD's.This game never would have been close. He actually makes Bama look worse with his play calling than they really are.

Did you even watch the game???

Henry had 36 carries for 158 yards. By any reasonable standard, they DID keep "feeding him the ball."

If you take away Henry's one breakaway TD of 50 yards, the rest of his carries amounted to 35 carries for 108 yards, which is 3.1 yards per carry. Three of those in a row doesn't average a first down, a team can't sustain a drive with that kind of average. And by the second half, instead of the defense withering under Henry's power, there were lots of times when he got hit and had no push, just got pushed back or went down quickly. Clemson did an OUTSTANDING job of containing a superb back.

I hate Kiffie as much as anybody, but his calls for passes to the TE were what kept Bama in the game, and those plays were well-timed, well-designed, and well-executed.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Of course not....each team should just be limited to 3 per half, just like timeouts :lmao2:
IMG105.jpg

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm implying that great QBs don't go to Trailerbammer. That is a historical fact.

Trailerbamer's success is related to their incredible recruiting success and the world's best bagmen. Plenty of teams have stunk up the NCAA with the 1950s offense.
That is the one thing that Bama has done especially in the Saban regime. A serviceable QB. Not all world but very talented and smart. They were able to manage game, know what they were doing, and hit open receivers. That's why I am glad that Mac was a part of that experience. Here's to hoping he accomplishes the same at UF.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
They left Kiffen 'cause they didn't want the wheels to come off the bus.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Did you even watch the game???

Henry had 36 carries for 158 yards. By any reasonable standard, they DID keep "feeding him the ball."

If you take away Henry's one breakaway TD of 50 yards, the rest of his carries amounted to 35 carries for 108 yards, which is 3.1 yards per carry. Three of those in a row doesn't average a first down, a team can't sustain a drive with that kind of average. And by the second half, instead of the defense withering under Henry's power, there were lots of times when he got hit and had no push, just got pushed back or went down quickly. Clemson did an OUTSTANDING job of containing a superb back.

I hate Kiffie as much as anybody, but his calls for passes to the TE were what kept Bama in the game, and those plays were well-timed, well-designed, and well-executed.
Those plays were there because of Henry's presence. Also you want to get a guy like that into rhythm early and often to slow the pass rush which was killing Bama in the 2nd and 3rd quarters...Did you see how shaky Coker looked? Drive after drive they got behind the sticks when they could have been putting the game away before the 4th quarter. Also why didn't Kiffen think to drop a screen pass to Henry when his QB was under heavy pressure. Anyone who really watches football would tell you that Henry would have run all the way back to Bama with a screen pass at any point during that game...

Last edited:

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Busted coverage's were because of Henry's presence? You really aren't that bright, are you?
Howard is a TE...LBer's and safety's are usually responsible for covering them, son...They also are responsible for determining run/pass and covering RB's as well run support. You really don't think that added responsibility could leave them confused? Best go back to play station son, I've been around football since before you were pissing in your diapers...

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Howard is a TE...LBer's and safety's are usually responsible for covering them, son...They also are responsible for determining run/pass and covering RB's as well run support. You really don't think that added responsibility could leave them confused? Best go back to play station son, I've been around football since before you were pissing in your diapers...

It obviously shows.

You realize none of the plays came out of play-action so that wouldn't have held the LB...therefore your whole logic about that is completely wrong.

Also, Howard caught the passes out of the slot; whether it's man or zone coverage, a safety over the top would be responsible for that but I assume you knew that, right? Of course not. Maybe you should spend more time watching today's game rather than "getting off" to old films of wishbone and flexbone offenses or Bert's fat ass

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
It obviously shows.

You realize none of the plays came out of play-action so that wouldn't have held the LB...therefore your whole logic about that is completely wrong.

Also, Howard caught the passes out of the slot; whether it's man or zone coverage, a safety over the top would be responsible for that but I assume you knew that, right? Of course not. Maybe you should spend more time watching today's game rather than "getting off" to old films of wishbone and flexbone offenses or Bert's fat ass
Soooo, who do you think the safety is looking at....

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Soooo, who do you think the safety is looking at....

Welp considering the fact that the safety and corner never communicated I think it has more to do with misalignment than Henry; for example, no one in the world would have been able to cover that 10-15 yard difference. The safety was lined up in the box as if he never saw the guy out there.

I honestly question if you ever played football before because that's a pretty basic assessment of the play.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Welp considering the fact that the safety and corner never communicated I think it has more to do with misalignment than Henry; for example, no one in the world would have been able to cover that 10-15 yard difference. The safety was lined up in the box as if he never saw the guy out there.

I honestly question if you ever played football before because that's a pretty basic assessment of the play.
What are you watching??? The safety is 8-10 yards off the LOS and is lined up in front of Henry. His responsibility is obviously to watch for the run first and play the flat area. He gets caught up so much in what Henry is doing he neglects to notice the 2 on 1 situation to his left, Stevie...

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I just wonder if this was intentional, as a joke of course...
:giggle:

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
Those plays were there because of Henry's presence. Also you want to get a guy like that into rhythm early and often to slow the pass rush which was killing Bama in the 2nd and 3rd quarters...Did you see how shaky Coker looked? Drive after drive they got behind the sticks when they could have been putting the game away before the 4th quarter. Also why didn't Kiffen think to drop a screen pass to Henry when his QB was under heavy pressure. Anyone who really watches football would tell you that Henry would have run all the way back to Bama with a screen pass at any point during that game...

You're a slippery fellow to have a discussion with. Bama had troubles with the pass rush in the 2nd and 3rd quarters because (a) their tackles wasn't nearly as good as Clemson's DEs, and (b) they were in passing situations BECAUSE they were getting approximately nowhere on the 1st down runs with Henry.

Sometimes tough-fought games between well-matched teams come down to just a few plays. Kiffie made decisive calls that won the game. Clemson did not hand them the victory, Bama stood up and won it. They deserve credit for that.

(Gawd I hate Saban and his devil spawn.)

Maybe Bama can make you happy by having its #1 power back run 50 or 60 times a game next year. The next guy up is supposed to be real good.

Meanwhile, over here in Gatorland, power backs pounding the midline 50 or 60 times sounds exactly like Muchamp-ball. Been there, done that, no thanks.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
You're a slippery fellow to have a discussion with. Bama had troubles with the pass rush in the 2nd and 3rd quarters because (a) their tackles wasn't nearly as good as Clemson's DEs, and (b) they were in passing situations BECAUSE they were getting approximately nowhere on the 1st down runs with Henry.

Sometimes tough-fought games between well-matched teams come down to just a few plays. Kiffie made decisive calls that won the game. Clemson did not hand them the victory, Bama stood up and won it. They deserve credit for that.

(Gawd I hate Saban and his devil spawn.)

Maybe Bama can make you happy by having its #1 power back run 50 or 60 times a game next year. The next guy up is supposed to be real good.

Meanwhile, over here in Gatorland, power backs pounding the midline 50 or 60 times sounds exactly like Muchamp-ball. Been there, done that, no thanks.
There's a huge difference between pounding the ball without recruiting and building a powerful offensive line. The reason receivers are so open for an average at best QB like Coker is because the everydown threat of getting the football rammed down your throat repeatedly.....BTW when did Muschamp have a power back?????

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator