Alabama vs Texas A&M

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I'm so proud to say that Florida is still the last team not to allow a non-offensive TD to Bama. :proud:

Ahhhhh....moral victories!!

This Bama team is pretty sick. And they're doing it w/ a true freshman at QB. The talent on that team is unbelievable. They just beat two top 10 teams by 18+ points.... (unless A&M gets an "oh by the way" TD at the end here).

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
That makes no sense, a good coach can take them because they have more talent and depth?

The only "good coach" that can take Bama is Urban. And that's a toss-up. Not sure what the point of his posts is supposed to be. Sour grapes? Jealousy? I don't know. As a CFB fan I can appreciate how good they are and how good of a coach/GM Saban is. I doubt we'll ever see anything like Saban & Meyer again in CFB. We at least got to enjoy 5 good years of Meyer (I know, he was here for 6 years...but we got 5 "good" years). It's a shame none of these Saban-tree coaches we've hired have come within a fraction of their mentor. Maybe if there's another coaching change in the future we go to the Urban-tree?

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
In any case I see no evidence that Alabama suffers from poor coaching. Saban/Meyer are the top of the heap and I don't know of anybody else that is close.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
The only "good coach" that can take Bama is Urban. And that's a toss-up. Not sure what the point of his posts is supposed to be. Sour grapes? Jealousy? I don't know. As a CFB fan I can appreciate how good they are and how good of a coach/GM Saban is. I doubt we'll ever see anything like Saban & Meyer again in CFB. We at least got to enjoy 5 good years of Meyer (I know, he was here for 6 years...but we got 5 "good" years). It's a shame none of these Saban-tree coaches we've hired have come within a fraction of their mentor. Maybe if there's another coaching change in the future we go to the Urban-tree?

Cousin Eddie?:lmao2:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I will say that I haven't been super impressed with Bama's offense this year, but they don't use their offense to beat people, either.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I saw both of those series and just laughed that Kiffen went back to the "old" Kiffen as soon as the ball reached the 10 yd. line.
As much as I hate Kiffin, that is a Spread problem not a Kiffin problem. Pretty much every spread is impotent in the redzone because the gaps aret there unless someone on D just screws up.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Since we're using the transitive property with Bama, we both played UK at home, and we put up 45 offensive points to Bama's 27. :dance:
Let me know when you find an example of bama regularly stalling in the red zone against sh*t teams. I'll hang up and wait.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Well you have to have some level of 'economy', but yes there are many teams with enough economy to do it. Exploit their weaknesses. They exist.
Screen-Shot-2015-12-16-at-11.49.46-PM.png

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Let me know when you find an example of bama regularly stalling in the red zone against sh*t teams. I'll hang up and wait.

In case you hadn't noticed, we've had several "stalls in the red zone" because our HC decided to go for it on 4th down instead of sending Eddie out for a near guaranteed 3 points. Just saying...

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
In case you hadn't noticed, we've had several "stalls in the red zone" because our HC decided to go for it on 4th down instead of sending Eddie out for a near guaranteed 3 points. Just saying...
You're high aren't you? Just admit it :bandit:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
We are 18/25 in the redzone which is bad.

EP has missed one Redzone FG 19/25
We took points off another FG 20/25
At least one other 4&1 we could've kicked a FG 21/25
And two redzone fumbles 23/25.

Interpret the data how you wish.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Stalling in the red zone includes being forced to kick on fg's on 4th down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator