All black uniforms in the future? - Yes in appreciation of Veterans

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Those Jersey's do not look like UF jersey's. I know it's a cash grab by Jordan brand and the athletic association.. but that isn't the UF we grew up with.

Agree. They look like some knockoff jersey you'd buy at Walmart.

While I'm not a proponent of black unis in general, I'm willing to at least give something a fair shot, with the idea that maybe they'd pull it off. But those just miss the mark and look like they put about 7 minutes into the design.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Agree. They look like some knockoff jersey you'd buy at Walmart.

While I'm not a proponent of black unis in general, I'm willing to at least give something a fair shot, with the idea that maybe they'd pull it off. But those just miss the mark and look like they put about 7 minutes into the design.

I think you are giving them too much credit at 7 minutes of design. If you are going to do something special with the unis, do something special. Not something generic that only GatorJ would love.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well black is for mourning so..

Might be your funniest comment ever dan...

6ZaJJ8TWBgW9bQS6AokKeXLNzbmVX4Cab6uXaFFSG2rNQ4ERAyDt30dv9S0Q7wX42nUPbO3K

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
I love black. So much that I wear black A LOT.

That said, our colors are Orange and Blue.

We should NEVER wear black. Not in basketball either.

DeBigLeezard

Jan 12, 2020
I mean it’s the university’s official equipment page.
Hey Captain Sasquatch...
Thought that your avatar needed a bit of, "sprucing up" on Adobe Photoshop.
(Had some time around the office and I enjoy doing this kind of thing.)
Sasquatch's face was a bit too dark... so I adjusted the "levels" on it to bring it out a bit.
Gave it a bit better orange and a bit darker blue.
Took out some blemishes, etc, etc. Gave it some white space around the image, etc.
Here is first one with just white space...
The second one has a nice orange and blue gradient...
Enjoy!

Attachments

• Captain Sasquach.jpg
    Captain Sasquach.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 110
  • Captain Sasquach--Gradient.jpg
    Captain Sasquach--Gradient.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 87

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
We are FLORIDA. It is hot in the swamp. Black uniforms make no sense if the sun is up.

Not a fan of the black jersey, but if DM does it anyway without my approval, it needs to be either a night game or in Nov.

This is my bigger issue. For years we've been drifting to an increasingly lighter blue. Side by side, the jerseys from the 90s look practically nothing like the ones today in terms of shade. And the argument has been "the heat, my God the heat!".

So we have to have Kentucky/Boise blue jerseys due to safety and heat. But can somehow do black now?

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
The change was gradual enough I didn't notice until donk pissed and moaned about it. Then I saw old highlights and noticed. I don't mind today's blue, but would still be happy to see the SOS blue come back. It represents the Gator Standard.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Nothing says "Heatstroke' like wearing black Uniforms with a field temp. of 100 degrees in Sept.
We are FLORIDA. It is hot in the swamp. Black uniforms make no sense if the sun is up.
Nothing says "Heatstroke" like wearing black with a 100 degrees field temp.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Y’all are gonna have BLM all up in your **** discriminating against these uniforms

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Napier gets it

Thread 'Billy Napier confirms when — and why — Gators will wear black uniforms'
Billy Napier confirms when — and why — Gators will wear black uniforms

For those who don’t have access. He’s doing it starting in 2023 around Veterans Day. It will be to honor veterans. After the game they will auction off a couple jerseys that will go to help veteran families in need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.