All black uniforms in the future? - Yes in appreciation of Veterans

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Napier gets it

Thread 'Billy Napier confirms when — and why — Gators will wear black uniforms'
Billy Napier confirms when — and why — Gators will wear black uniforms

For those who don’t have access. He’s doing it starting in 2023 around Veterans Day. It will be to honor veterans. After the game they will auction off a couple jerseys that will go to help veteran families in need.

First: He talks like he wants to start a tradition.
Second: I think his players want them and this allows limitations
Third: They aren't those awful gray/green swamp mud uniforms
And as long as we are not playing S. Car, TX Tech, or UGA etc. I'm okay with it.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
First: He talks like he wants to start a tradition.
Second: I think his players want them and this allows limitations
Third: They aren't those awful gray/green swamp mud uniforms
And as long as we are not playing S. Car, TX Tech, or UGA etc. I'm okay with it.
I always prefer the Orange and Blue but with the limitations you put on it I would go along hoping it's not a slippery slope.

Last edited:

Uncle Rob

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2016
It's a way to satisfy the desires of the players while still doing some good for the community. Personnally, I think playing in black uniforms in the Florida sun is crazy, but young men are young, dumb, and full of c__.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
It's a way to satisfy the desires of the players while still doing some good for the community. Personnally, I think playing in black uniforms in the Florida sun is crazy, but young men are young, dumb, and full of c__.

Second to the last game of the season?

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Whatever the players want to wear I want them to wear. Orange and Blue on white tops and bottoms vs Orange and Blue on black tops and bottoms...whoopity doo to me. Its not like we are bama wearing the same boring arse uniforms since forever. We have a long list of different uniform styles we have worn over our very long time of playing football.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Whatever the players want to wear I want them to wear. Orange and Blue on white tops and bottoms vs Orange and Blue on black tops and bottoms...whoopity doo to me. Its not like we are bama wearing the same boring arse uniforms since forever. We have a long list of different uniform styles we have worn over our very long time of playing football.
Yes, Bama's uniforms are so boring I wonder how their fans manage to watch them play week after week.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
Maybe because they are fuggin really good regardless what they are wearing?
Most teams are resigned to their fate when they see that crimson wave come on the field. We've had a taste of that when the Orange and Blue come on the field with two coaches. I'd like to see that one more time before I leave this earth.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Maybe because they are fuggin really good regardless what they are wearing?

Winning seems to Trump everything else in football. Just like a super model can wear a Publix bag and still be a super model but Rachel Levine will always be:
787ab273-00fd-46d7-955a-ebd6ee3f4961_1920x1080.jpg

No matter the uniform

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator