And Yet Another 3 Star Commit

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Whole lot of stupid in this thread. Mac ends up with top 10 class. If you disagree, please make a wager with me (not meant to rhyme).

Put up or shut up Nancies.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe I missed it, but all the "I hate our massive 3* class" posters here haven't responded to the news about Franks' commitment. It's like the good news is interrupting their pizzing and moaning pity party. They must be furious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Franks commitment is huge. He's not a 3 star recruit.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Whole lot of stupid in this thread. Mac ends up with top 10 class. If you disagree, please make a wager with me (not meant to rhyme).

Put up or shut up Nancies.

Of course we will. We'll probably have the largest class in the nation. The rankings aren't based off of average rankings. Each player has a "number" assigned to them and then they aggregate all the numbers. The total of these numbers is where you're ranked.

Where you're ranked is only part of the story. Average star rankings is part of it. Meeting your position and scholarship total needs is part of it. Getting game changers on offense is part of it. Resolving gaps in position recruiting is part of it. And lastly, building relationships for future classes is part of it.

If we can pull in 4-5 Olineman, get rid of at least 2 of these CB 3 star deadweights, and close with some of these 4 and 5 star studs we will be golden.

We're at 26 recruits. 6 are EE. So we have 5 recruits left. Drop 2 CBs. And we could possibly close with Manuel, Craig-Meyers/Stove, Burns/J.Robinson, Wilson, and Uche. I don't think Bruce or Victor are coming.

That will meet all our needs. Franks is the most important commit of the entire class.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Well said J.

The reason we are ranked so high is because of quantity, not quality. If you rank us by star rating we are #23. Behind teams like Pedo St., Ol Miss, ASU, Stanford, Baylor, and Miamuh. And just ahead of TCU, Nebraske and UNC.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
From everything I have heard there will be players who are "pushed" out of this class by higher rated recruits going fowrad. We still have NCM, Shaver and other guys on the board. Let the process play out and they make a determination.

In regards to Offensive Lineman you can't get all 4 and 5*, you need some big guys that develop and come in and play solid. This kid from Miami is a big body and could be great a guard or tackle. I don't know anything about the Juco commit, but we need playmakers and speed very badley. We have one playmaker on offense and that was a kid that McElwain got us.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I am trying to figure out why any coach would take this job. Our fans are idiots.

Yea I'm sure these sportswriters who decide the number of stars a player gets knows a lot
more than a very successful coach. Someone like Bianchi, who no longer has access to
our program. Most of them have never been on the playing field. Bunch of members of
the band. Ask them what musical instrument they played.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I'm wondering if he is still committed. Haven't heard anything new.
McGriff is a game changer. Read somewhere he is working hard on getting qualified. UF is
aiding him in some way. CM knowst he is a weapon, a threat to score anytime he touches
the ball. He reminds me of Hershel Walker a lot. He's big and fast.....

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Yea I'm sure these sportswriters who decide the number of stars a player gets knows a lot
more than a very successful coach. Someone like Bianchi, who no longer has access to
our program. Most of them have never been on the playing field. Bunch of members of
the band. Ask them what musical instrument they played.
Well it sure is odd how all those dumb sportswriters highly ranked players manage to get on Saban's, Fisher's and Meyer's championship team's. But go ahead and convince yourself that our coach is just that much better than those guys.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well it sure is odd how all those dumb sportswriters highly ranked players manage to get on Saban's, Fisher's and Meyer's championship team's

Its denial plain and simple. Just a psychological defense mechanism.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator