Andreu: How they'll line up (depth chart)

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I agree. I love Cox, lotsa heart and motor, just acknowledging that he is physically a bit limited. I'd take another dozen of those guys and play them in several positions.

I guess, but we don't really have many true DEs either. CeCe is already being force to move inside and he is 10 lbs lighter than Dante Fowler. Just too undersized and too many of those "bucks" that Chimp loved so much.

With today's OLs (not ours but real SEC OLs) I think you are looking for 270-290 lbs at end and 310-320 at DT. We get fooled by our poor OL into thinking we are good on the DL, like last year when people thought Sherit and Taven Bryan were future stars because they destroyed our own 1st team OL at will.
I still think Bryan has a bit of potential to fulfill, but I haven't seen much from Sherit

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'd think our starting lineup would be close to this....
QB - LDR
RB - Cronkrite
TE - Lewis
OT - Sharpe
OG - Ivey
C - McCoy
OG - Jordan
OT - Johnson
WR - Callaway
WR - Cleveland or Hammond by the 3rd game
Slot - Massey

Assuming a 4-3
DE - Jefferson
DT - Brantley
DT - Ivie
DE - Cox
LB - Davis
LB - Anzalone
LB - Johnson
CB - Tabor
CB - Wilson
FS - Dawson
SS - Maye

Lewis and Goolsby are pretty much interchangeable, but other than that this is pretty spot on.
Probably are starting D against a two back look, and I would even prefer this against a spread
team because it keeps Washington off the field.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

OFFENSE

QB

14-Luke Del Rio

11-Kyle Trask

13-Feleipe Franks

RB

32-Jordan Cronkrite

24-Mark Thompson OR

25-Jordan Scarlett

37-Mark Herndon

36-Case Harrison

– Lamical Perine

WR

81-Antonio Callaway

18-C.J. Worton

10-Joshua Hammond

– Tyrie Cleveland

SLOT

4-Brandon Powell

9-Dre Massey

89-Alvin Bailey

3-Treon Harris

WR

16-Freddie Swain

87-Kalif Jackson

– Rick Wells

TE

30-DeAndre Goolsby

80-C’yontai Lewis

84-Camrin Knight

82-Moral Stephens

LT

78-David Sharpe

73-Martez Ivey

53-Kavaris Harkless

LG

73-Martez Ivey

51-Antonio Riles

68-Richerd Desir-Jones

67-Brandon Sandifer

C

54-Cameron Dillard

59-T.J. McCoy

– Brett Heggie

RG

64-Tyler Jordan

66-Nick Buchanan

– Jawaan Taylor

RT

74-Fred Johnson

77-Andrew Mike

72-Stone Forsythe

DEFENSE

RUSH

17-Jordan Sherit

95-Keivonnis Davis

97-Justus Reed

42-Jordan Smith

DT

96-Cece Jefferson

93-Taven Bryan

DT

54-Khairi Clark

98-Luke Ancrum

62-Andrew Ivie

DE

92-Jabari Zuniga

55-Thomas Holley

– Antonneous Clayton

– Jachai Polite

OLB

44-Rayshad Jackson

– Vosean Joseph

MLB

34-Alex Anzalone

28-Kylan Johnson

33-David Reese

OLB

25-Matt Rolin

13-Daniel McMillian

– Jeremiah Moon

CB

14-Chris Williamson

– Christopher McWilliams

CB

6-Quincy Wilson

7-Duke Dawson

21-McArthur Burnett

– Joseph Putu

S

7-Duke Dawson

8-Nick Washington

23-Chauncey Gardner

– Quincy Lenton

S

26-Marcell Harris

– Jeawon Taylor

Nickel

7-Duke Dawson

23-Chauncey Gardner

SPECIAL TEAMS

K

15-Eddy Pineiro

19-Johnny Townsend

98-Jorge Powell

38-Neil MacInnes

P

19-Johnny Townsend

97-Jon Gould

LS

41-Ryan Farr

49-Devin Grimm

47-Jonathan Haney

49-Jacob Tilghman

KR

4-Brandon Powell

9-Dre Massey

16-Freddie Swain

PR

81-Antonio Callaway

9-Dre Massey

16-Freddie Swain

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Lewis and Goolsby are pretty much interchangeable, but other than that this is pretty spot on.
Probably are starting D against a two back look, and I would even prefer this against a spread
team because it keeps Washington off the field.
Yeah, the TE situation is pretty good except for the blocking aspect. I like Lewis a little more. He just seems to be more dynamic

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yeah, the TE situation is pretty good except for the blocking aspect. I like Lewis a little more. He just seems to be more dynamic

Well, all the TE's are a year more experienced...and should be a little bigger. I would hope the blocking improves. How much? Who knows, but you have to imagine it would be better. Otherwise, it might be time to find a new TE coach.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Well, all the TE's are a year more experienced...and should be a little bigger. I would hope the blocking improves. How much? Who knows, but you have to imagine it would be better. Otherwise, it might be time to find a new TE coach.
Some of the TE flaws were from Roper wanting to use more of a H Back/Flex guys like Lewis and Knight. It was a good fit for his system and these guys will be contributors in this offense also at times. Goolsby is a little bigger but still not a very good blocker. What I don't like is having to change out personnel based on a run/ pass scenario. We need a good everydown 250-260# TE who can catch and block in this offense. Don't get me wrong I like Goolsby, Lewis and Knight but none of them are an everydown player at this position IMO.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Some of the TE flaws were from Roper wanting to use more of a H Back/Flex guys like Lewis and Knight. It was a good fit for his system and these guys will be contributors in this offense also at times. Goolsby is a little bigger but still not a very good blocker. What I don't like is having to change out personnel based on a run/ pass scenario. We need a good everydown 250-260# TE who can catch and block in this offense. Don't get me wrong I like Goolsby, Lewis and Knight but none of them are an everydown player at this position IMO.

I understand everything you're saying...but blocking is coaching. Why can't a 240lbs TE block a 260lb DE long enough for a play to be executed? If they can't block....well, goddammit, let's line up for an hour each practice and practice blocking DE's. It's not rocket science. It's called football. I'm not buying the excuse. These TE's are also football players. They may not develop into All-Pro TE's (260lb types that can run and block) but they should certainly be serviceable after being on campus for 2+ years. Like I said, if they still can't block we need to find a new TE coach.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I understand everything you're saying...but blocking is coaching. Why can't a 240lbs TE block a 260lb DE long enough for a play to be executed? If they can't block....well, goddammit, let's line up for an hour each practice and practice blocking DE's. It's not rocket science. It's called football. I'm not buying the excuse. These TE's are also football players. They may not develop into All-Pro TE's (260lb types that can run and block) but they should certainly be serviceable after being on campus for 2+ years. Like I said, if they still can't block we need to find a new TE coach.
You make a good point, I do agree with that. When I see the same players making the same mistakes or not gaining weight/strength or progressing skill levelwise it has to say something about coaching. Also if we have a sh!tty TE coach it could keep a promising player at his position from ever coming here despite an obvious need. Rarely do great TE's ever fall off a tree like RB's or WR'S. It's a unique position requiring blocking and skill catching and running. Most a take couple of years to develop into studs.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
our smallest TE (Lewis) is 230lbs, Stephens (our biggest) is 247 lbs. I think your point is valid.I don't think anyone is asking a TE to hold the point of attack for longer than a second.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.