Andrew Ivie and Thomas Holley done

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Bad news here:

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/fl...-mcelwain-announces-two-players-careers-over/

Florida coach Jim McElwain announced during Wednesday’s press conference that defensive linemen Thomas Holley and Andrew Ivie have received medical exemptions and their playing careers are over. Both will be able to stay with the team and keep their scholarships for school.

Saturday Down South reporter Andrew Olson was at the scene to relay the news:

Mac announces Thomas Holley and Andrew Ivie careers over due to injuries. Can keep scholarship for school.

— Andrew Olson (@ByAndrewOlson) August 3, 2016

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yep, bad news for the team, but great that they can keep their scholarships and finish up that education. That UF degree will mean more to them now than they ever realized I suspect.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Understand Holley, what happened to Ivie?

Not sure, but he lost A LOT of weight after arriving last year. He was a state weightlifting champion. I'm going to guess some sort of back injury, but that's speculation. Hopefully he's alright. He was down to 270-something (after arriving over 300lbs).

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
More injuries: Khalif Jackson, Case Harrison will be back when school starts. Cannot practice right now

— Andrew Olson (@ByAndrewOlson) August 3, 2016

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wow. 2 DTs gone. We need about 5 in this class now. They better get cracking.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Holley has a degenerative hip. He lost all the weight to try to help it.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wow. We all expected / knew about Holley. I feel bad for Ivie (as it seems like news with him) and I wish them both the best. Earn those degrees and make Gator Nation proud guys!

:chomp: :chomp:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I was counting ivie as some depth next year at dt. We're in a serious pinch there. Probably gonna have to reach on a few guys there.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I was counting ivie as some depth next year at dt. We're in a serious pinch there. Probably gonna have to reach on a few guys there.

Perfect opportunity for couple jucos

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Flip Riles over to DL. He's hopeless as an OL anyway. Played both ways in HS and said last year he would do it if called upon.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Perfect opportunity for couple jucos
It was a perfect opportunity last year. Now it's a guaranteed spot in the rotation with a good chance of starting. Hopefully we get lucky and add some jucos who can qualify.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
It hurts our depth a bit this year, but if Mac can grab some 4/5* attention, perhaps it'll help in the long haul. Really feel bad for the guys, though. I wish them the best. Gators for life!

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It was a perfect opportunity last year. Now it's a guaranteed spot in the rotation with a good chance of starting. Hopefully we get lucky and add some jucos who can qualify.

T, Mac has time now to get the juco to register for the courses needed to satisfy our crazy state requirements to get in UF....he didn't have that luxury last year in the middle of getting acclimated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.