Annual coaching carousel

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Illi-noise is another of those schools like Kansas and Syracuse that will never be good again. They need a special coach that runs a high octane offense that will put points on the board, just so they can go 6-5 every year and make a bowl game.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Actually a solid hire for Illinois. I bet he can atleast hover around. 500 there and make some bowl games here and there.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Illi-noise is another of those schools like Kansas and Syracuse that will never be good again. They need a special coach that runs a high octane offense that will put points on the board, just so they can go 6-5 every year and make a bowl game.
good again? when were they ever good?

Last edited:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
good again? when were they ever good

Come on don;t you remember when they hired Zoooook and thought b/c he coached in the SEC that he would waltz in to the Big 2 Little 8 and dominate. then came that one year where with Juice Williams and Rashad Mendenhall, Zoooook led his powerhouse into the Rose Bowl and they were forever going to escape being in the Little 8 of that conference. Well as we could have told them that was going to be the apex and the downhill freight train began and has not stopped. Perhaps Berp is fat enough to slow it down.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
oh yeah that one year when they came in third and got to go to the Rose bowl because other teams were going to the playoffs.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@BruceFeldmanCFB: Bielema's contract is for six years beginning with an annual salary of $4.2 million. He will begin his duties at Illinois immediately and will attend the game today's guest of AD Josh Whitman's when Illinois plays at Penn State.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Mario was making 2.7 million a year. Nice raise, but not even close to the top.

That's what the P12 pays. He could come to the SEC and make $6 million or more easily. I'm sure this new contract has a big buyout, so he's probably not coming to the SEC anytime soon.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
@BruceFeldmanCFB: Bielema's contract is for six years beginning with an annual salary of $4.2 million. He will begin his duties at Illinois immediately and will attend the game today's guest of AD Josh Whitman's when Illinois plays at Penn State.

Wow. They probably could have paid him around $2.5mil and he'd have jumped at it. That's similar to what Cristobal is getting at Oregon.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
that will do it.

i lived in AZ drove past that facility twice a day and never watch the second of pac football in my life. waking up to 9am football was cool though.

Agreed
I lived in California for a few years and I too liked the morning college football except for New Years Day when you would sleep in a little and miss the first bowl games like the Outback Bowl that started at 8am

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.