Anonymous Coach Comments about Florida

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
https://athlonsports.com/college-foot...ence-foes-2015

Florida Gators

“In the short term, I think they’re probably going to be about the same as they were last year.”

“Who’s going to be the quarterback will have a lot to say about how their season goes. Treon Harris was effective at times, but I’m not sure that’s the answer long term. The old staff thought Will Grier was their most talented guy, but we’ll see.”

“Who are their playmakers? The Demarcus Robinson kid has a chance to be pretty special at wideout, but who else? There’s a reason they struggled to score points.”

“If you look at what Jim McElwain did at Colorado State, he zeroed in on one guy early and developed the heck out of him. I bet he’ll do the same thing at Florida. He’ll pick the guy who gives him the best chance to win down the road and ride him through the ups and downs. I just don’t know who that guy is.”

“Whether it was injuries or lack of depth, offensive line was a big issue the last two years. With a new system, how will it affect them? If the offensive linemen they recruited are as good as advertised, they’ll have a chance to be good down the road. It’s hard to win playing freshmen in this league.”

“Will Muschamp recruited some talent there so they have players on defense, but they lost three guys up front. It’s not easy to replace a Dante Fowler.”

“I would think their back end should be as good as anyone.”

“Hargreaves may be the best corner in the country”

“Geoff Collins had the No. 1 red-zone defense in the country last year at Mississippi State and one of the better third-down defenses. He’ll bring a lot of energy.”

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n256798 said:
Hugh Freeze.

Possibly - My first guess was our ex-OC even though he mentions them like he isn't the coach.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Nick Saban... he would have been familiar with Mcelwain's style

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think he is wrong when he says we will be about as good as last year. That may be true in the terms that we will win about the same number of games as last year, but I think we will be much better when it comes to the product on the field. I believe the offense will progress every game instead of making little to no progress as all. I think the defense will be better due to a more experienced secondary that should allow us to bring heat. As on who said it, I'm gonna say it first since no else has, Urban Meyer

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheBigClaw;n256816 said:
I think he is wrong when he says we will be about as good as last year. That may be true in the terms that we will win about the same number of games as last year, but I think we will be much better when it comes to the product on the field. I believe the offense will progress every game instead of making little to no progress as all. I think the defense will be better due to a more experienced secondary that should allow us to bring heat. As on who said it, I'm gonna say it first since no else has, Urban Meyer

Not 100% sure but I think they use fellow SEC coaches.

Dec 10, 2014
Muschamp. Because there is actually an accolade thrown his way in the article about bringing talent to Gainesville. Nobody else would have said that

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n256822 said:
Not 100% sure but I think they use fellow SEC coaches.

If only SEC, Nick Saban since he's been around Mcelwain before.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n256823 said:
Muschamp. Because there is actually an accolade thrown his way in the article about bringing talent to Gainesville. Nobody else would have said that

:exactly:

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
RIcht.... he has to say there is talent to cover for getting his ass kicked last year

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
I have to think Bulemia or Miles would have said the one about who do we have other than Demarcus Robinson...

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Kind of hard to run up the score when your best playmakers are on defense.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Certainly not an SEC head coach. Maybe a TE or LB coach from a West team. Probably somebody's imagination.

One of the points made is our OL learning a new system--but no mention that the OL coach is a holdover from the previous staff.

Alex.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TLB;n256879 said:
Not enough crazy in the quotes.

Which one do you think is Miles? Maybe he cuts the crazy out a little when he has time to think about it.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n256787 said:
Who do you think said that?

Which SEC coach is enough of a self-obsessed, narcissistic douche bag to take the time to comment off the record on something this banal, just to make himself feel important?

Lane Kiffin.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
PastyStoole;n256929 said:
Which SEC coach is enough of a self-obsessed, narcissistic douche bag to take the time to comment off the record on something this banal, just to make himself feel important?

Lane Kiffin.

Before when they did these it was the head coaches I think. Even though not specified and it says coaching staffs I think it is head coaches but maybe they are using assistants this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator