Another Muschamp Thread: Now Collins piles on

MJMGator;n275605 said:
tumblr_mld141qeKi1r374llo1_400.gif
"You got to fight to party."
I didn't know Mushchump was with the Beasties Boys. Now, that explains everything.

Swamp Donkey

7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Gatorphan;n275890 said:
Quinn was great. But he had a load of talent in the front seven with Easley, Floyd, Hunter, Bostic, McCray and Jenkins, along with Elam at Safety that all left after the 2012 season.
Some badazz DTs can make anyone look like a genius.

oxrageous

It's Good to be King
Administrator
Law98gator;n275909 said:
Some badazz DTs can make anyone look like a genius.
So I'm guessing the Super Bowl he won as a DC was just because of his players, too. Nothing to do with him. Not sure why the Falcons make him their head coach.

Swamp Donkey

7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
oxrageous;n275941 said:
So I'm guessing the Super Bowl he won as a DC was just because of his players, too. Nothing to do with him. Not sure why the Falcons make him their head coach.
I meant Chimp.

Go Gata

aka Emersom Bigguns
TheDouglas78;n275570 said:
So teams run on our man to man, the corners and safeties start peaking in on the running back. Then get caught looking, shocking. I believe LSU found that out.

….and Alabama

NVGator

Lifetime Member
maheo30;n275817 said:
I'll admit, I was one of those people. The more I hear from this current staff as well as from players, the more I realize I was wrong.

You're a big man to admit that. No one else will. Much respect.

Durty South Swamp

doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
It's not really necessary for anyone to admit it, we all know who the chump nut swingers were :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oxking

Pops
Lifetime Member
Captain Sasquatch;n275566 said:
Not gonna read an article on that site written by a white rapper with a bowl cut that requires me to answer survey questions.

However, it's most certainly easier to run the ball on a team that plays straight man-to-man all the time.
You've got a point about reading from the Sun. I spent 5 minutes on surveys before I could get to the article this morning.

I've always thought the Chump was an overrated defensive mind. His success was linked to being with Saban but Saban always took a very hands on approach with the DB's and still does regardless who is the DB coach. He should have been judger by the impact he had on Texas when he was there, since they went into the toilet on his watch. Florida's defense went down hill after Meyer's recruits left and Quinn went to the NFL.

I suspect Auburn will pay the price for over estimating his ability next.

WobbleGator

Chatterbox Mod
Law98gator;n275828 said:
Well, it's certainly easier to run draws on man teams (explaining part of our problems on third down-- the other being we have some very unathletic LBs the last couple of years) and it's easier to get safeties to bite on play action when the d is playing man. However, Chimp used the man to overload the box and run blitz, which made him generally pretty good on running downs. He was really a one trick pony. Not very good at anything but that.

Well the scheme sucked against screens. That is for sure.

TheDouglas78

Lifetime Member
Go Gata;n275967 said:
….and Alabama

Alabama hit us with the screen, we just did a ****ty job tackling. Oh, and putting a linebacker on a runningback that had wide receiver speed man to man with no safety help.

NCOGator

Doopree;n275819 said:
I prefer more man coverage; especially with the studs we've had at DB.

I smell what you are stepping in; however that is when a good OC will call pic-plays to open up the WRs and those lead to big gains.

SavannahGator

Behind Enemy Lines
Captain Sasquatch;n275566 said:
Not gonna read an article on that site written by a white rapper with a bowl cut that requires me to answer survey questions.

However, it's most certainly easier to run the ball on a team that plays straight man-to-man all the time.

Actually, Zach doesn't have a bowl cut. He was our guest speaker for our annual Gator Club Kickoff Banquet, and (1) did a very good job and (2) doesn't have a bowl cut. He says he absolutely hates that photo, but that the Sun won't change it.

SavannahGator

Behind Enemy Lines
maheo30;n275817 said:
I'll admit, I was one of those people. The more I hear from this current staff as well as from players, the more I realize I was wrong.

The more I read, the more I question his ability as a DC. Thankfully, he's gone. I bet Collins has schemes that will make the opponents' heads turn in confusion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.