Antonio Nelson

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014
I posted this in one of the signing day threads, but haven't seen any follow up. Anyone have a clue? He's not on the 'final' list.

----

Just prior to Putu’s commitment, the Gators received notice from safety Antonio Nelson that he would be signing with UF.

But it’s unclear if Florida will accept his signed letter of intent after it appeared they had moved on from Nelson.

Tony Nelson with the #Florida hat in front of him. Big time DB #NSD pic.twitter.com/mqOxZYX5wo

— Stephen Gunter (@Stephen_Gunter) February 3, 2016

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Who knows what's going on. If they sent him a LOI, wouldn't they have to accept him? I thought they sent out LOIs either the morning of or the night before.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If you scroll down on the link, it shows that he is official to UF.

g8trs99

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2014
I saw something advising UF did not feel he would qualify academically. They made it sound like he had a ceremony to get attention, but it sounds like all parties know he will not qualify. They advised he would probably go JUCO.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Only thing Google could provide me was this

https://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/videos/sports/high-school/football/2016/02/03/79790244/

Video of him (and every other player at his HS, it seems) seeking a spotlight to announce. Almost comes off like he wanted to get some buzz, so he picked UF rather than WKU or other lesser schools like his peers, but it is weak overall. Video has horrible audio, I'll save you with this summary (don't bother watching):

3 yr plan (go pro early?) not explained
Does he feel good about choosing UF? Pause....I'm glad I picked there (nothing about any coaches or the program)
Does he feel he can see the field early? Pause...Pause....Um...Pause...I feel I can play early anywhere I go.

I get it, he's 17 and likely not used to answering to a camera. But this smells a lot like we moved on and he's still trying to get in.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Carver’s Nelson didn’t sign with UF, hopes to go JUCO

Nelson, who was offered by Florida in November and committed shortly after, said Florida coaches informed him Saturday that he would not be academically eligible.

Nelson said he is still committed to the Gators, and his plans are now to attend Gulf Coast Community College in Mississippi, although he has not signed.

“Last weekend, (the Florida coaches) told me to sign with Florida and Gulf Coast (Community College) because they were still going to hold my scholarship after I did my two years at junior college,” Nelson said.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
LOLZ no chance we hold a scholly for him for two years. Unless they're paying his way for him to wash the jock straps and turn the lights out on his way out, he's not coming here

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
LOLZ no chance we hold a scholly for him for two years. Unless they're paying his way for him to wash the jock straps and turn the lights out on his way out, he's not coming here
We've had extra schollies to play with for damn near a decade.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He's not smart enough to understand the playbook.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator