Any insights on Ole Miss/TCU

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n140355 said:
TCU should have been a playoff team, Ole Miss' team is decimated by injuries. I for one expected this.

TCU is a playoff caliber team. But injuries aren't an excuse with a month to prepare, to look this lost on the field. They aren't getting outplayed due to talent, they are getting outschemed and out played.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n140365 said:
TCU is a playoff caliber team. But injuries aren't an excuse with a month to prepare, to look this lost on the field. They aren't getting outplayed due to talent, they are getting outschemed and out played.

I'm not even watching. :dunno:

LadyGator74

Sep 21, 2014
TCU just annihilating them and the first half isn't even over. 13 yards of total offense for the Rebels so far.

Damien83

Cucamonga Cracka Killa
Oct 22, 2014
Freeze can't help Bo Wallace being Bo Wallace!! When he's playing good he plays lights out. But, when he is playing horrible he really stinks it up. And this game he is just flat out Bo Wallacing!! Ole Miss is getting taken to the woodshed.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Damien83;n140376 said:
Freeze can't help Bo Wallace being Bo Wallace!! When he's playing good he plays lights out. But, when he is playing horrible he really stinks it up. And this game he is just flat out Bo Wallacing!! Ole Miss is getting taken to the woodshed.

So Freeze isn't responsible for Wallace , Wallacing... But Muschamp is at fault for Driskel, Driskeling... Both coaches are at fault for their players, playing the way they do.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TCU is playing this game with something to prove. Ole Miss doesn't care. Beating MSU was all that mattered once they were out of the West race. Also doesn't help that Bo Wallace is playing like Jeff Driskel vs Mizzou.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Tunsil just went down. Every hope that Ole Miss had of a miraculous comeback is gone.

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
My source tells me Ole Miss doesn't care about this game and that's the only reason they are losing. My source is my dog so take it for what it's worth.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
MatthewM.;n140387 said:
My source tells me Ole Miss doesn't care about this game and that's the only reason they are losing. My source is my dog so take it for what it's worth.

No one cares what your wife has to say.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I can understand the "Super Bowl vs don't care" excuse to an extent. But I think if you watch the game, there is much more than that going on here. They are getting dismantled. It certainly doesn't bode well for the "Freeze deserved 5 million" argument. Great coaches don't let games like this happen.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
So what happens when Mac loses a game? Then are we going to say we didn't want him and it was an awful hire?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Name something Hugh Freeze did this year that Will Muschamp never did at Florida. Answer? Get shut out. He's about to do it again today.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n140398 said:
Name something Hugh Freeze did this year that Will Muschamp never did at Florida. Answer? Get shut out. He's about to do it again today.
That has nothing to do with how Hugh Freeze would do as UF coach.

Saying that, we never should have been interested in anyone who actually loves Mississippi. F him. He's in for a long season next year.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n140399 said:
That has nothing to do with how Hugh Freeze would do as UF coach.

Saying that, we never should have been interested in anyone who actually loves Mississippi. F him. He's in for a long season next year.

All we ever do is look at past performance to judge how a coach is going to do here, so now Freeze getting shut out by Arkansas is no longer relevant?

Gary Patterson still would have been a phenomenal hire, but he's a TCU lifer.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n140399 said:
we never should have been interested in anyone who actually loves Mississippi.

I never was and glad he stayed away.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n140401 said:
All we ever do is look at past performance to judge how a coach is going to do here, so now Freeze getting shut out by Arkansas is no longer relevant?

Gary Patterson still would have been a phenomenal hire, but he's a TCU lifer.
Did you know that Gary Patterson has lost several games in his career?

:shocked:

Better rule him out!

Anyway, I'm done hijacking this thread. The coaching search is over.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;140379 said:
So Freeze isn't responsible for Wallace , Wallacing... But Muschamp is at fault for Driskel, Driskeling... Both coaches are at fault for their players, playing the way they do.

I didn't see where he said anything about Driskel.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
oxrageous;n140392 said:
So what happens when Mac loses a game? Then are we going to say we didn't want him and it was an awful hire?

During the course of a historic season, you don't lose a game like this. Guys like Saban, Meyer, etc. didn't have these types of losses, especially with one of their better teams.

So to answer your question, no I won't say he was an awful hire based on a loss. But if several years in, with a complete squad, a loss like this(the way it's going) would concern me. I also said this about the Ark loss, being shut out by the Hogs. That was really concerning for me, when he was mentioned to be a front runner. Still a good coach. But my comment was directed at those that felt he was worth 5 million. Nothing I've seen from him indicates that.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n140411 said:
During the course of a historic season, you don't lose a game like this. Guys like Saban, Meyer, etc. didn't have these types of losses, especially with one of their better teams.

So to answer your question, no I won't say he was an awful hire based on a loss. But if several years in, with a complete squad, a loss like this(the way it's going) would concern me. I also said this about the Ark loss, being shut out by the Hogs. That was really concerning for me, when he was mentioned to be a front runner. Still a good coach. But my comment was directed at those that felt he was worth 5 million. Nothing I've seen from him indicates that.

Pretty much this. He has the best team Ole Miss has had since..............? and he lost to Arkansas 30-0 and is getting absolutely embarrassed today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator