TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Very proud of Appleby today.... wasn't a perfect performance but it was nice to see a couple of TD passes from him. He was 17/21 for 201 yards and 2 TD's. 2 of his incompletions were drops and obviously the only terrible play he had was the pick, although it didn't cost us. Overall, he should've been starting from game 1. Shows this coaching staff has bad judgement.... regardless, happy we got the win today and Appleby gives me a glimmer of hope against LSU and FSU.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Very proud of Appleby today.... wasn't a perfect performance but it was nice to see a couple of TD passes from him. He was 17/21 for 201 yards and 2 TD's. 2 of his incompletions were drops and obviously the only terrible play he had was the pick, although it didn't cost us. Overall, he should've been starting from game 1. Shows this coaching staff has bad judgement.... regardless, happy we got the win today and Appleby gives me a glimmer of hope against LSU and FSU.

From what I saw, he played well. He played well in his first playing time this year (NT and first half of UToof), but then I saw things that made me agree with the coaches' decision. LDR before his knee injury and after have been two different players. I'm not sure why and I'm not saying it was because of the injury, but there has been a marked change.

As for evaluating AA (and the resultant judgement of the coaches), I don't think it's wise to draw conclusions after one game. I hope he shines and leads us to glory from here on, but I don't think one game let's you draw a very reliable projection.

I'm happy he played well and am hoping he lights it up going forward. :stars:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yep he probably gets killed next week but did enough to make sure Muschamp didnt leave the Swamp with a grin on his damn face. Scarlett gets major appreciation also and the defense and others.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He's more mobile in the pocket than a rock. That makes him instantly better than LDR.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Im just so happy we didnt have to watch chump being carried on his players shoulders doing the fist pump. I wish we could have beat him 80-0

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He's more mobile in the pocket than a rock. That makes him instantly better than LDR.
Agreed. He wasn't perfect, but better than LDR in many ways. I cheered out loud when he pulled it an ran for a big chunk on that first read option. Glad for him that his last home game was a W. Also saw where he's got a 4.0 in his graduate courses. He's a Gator.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I find it hard to fault him for anything he did passing wise other than the meaningless pick. Other three incompletions were two drops and one bad pass to Powell. He also had the intentional grounding that didn't count in the stats but throwing it away was the right call.

Still though, he's been all over the place with consistency, which, if I understand right, was his issue at Purdue. Glad to see him play well today and maybe he can carry it over to next week.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He should have had another TD pass after the ball hit Callaway in the face at the 10 yard line.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Appleby played pretty good. He is much more athletic than Luke and has a stronger arm than Luke too. LDR should never play again for us cause we have 2 big strong QBs waiting in the wings.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This kid is still yet to play behind our best 5 OLs. He's been put in tough situations and has done a solid job. He's got two extremely tough road games ahead that we very, very likely lose. He'll likely have some ugly moments. So, don't forget these comments posted here and that he saved us an embarrassing loss to our ex sh*tty coach!

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think AA did a very good job today and I was happy with a majority of the play calling as well. Its seems that AA is a better fit after the decline of LDR. If, and a big IF Nuss can set us up with a good game plan we can be competitive with the Corndogs. It will be a huge task but AA is our QB and what I saw today does give a slight glimmer of hope. We'll need the best and flawless performance. As you can see with all the games this season...the team that beat the team that beat that team. That has been the story of all the SEC, except Bama. Each Saturday is its own and we're playing for a championship. Hopefully its a spark that we can use.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Appleby did his part. Fumbles in the red zone, just stop.
I didn't watch the game, was he under center again?

There are those coaches who say that they don't like to leave the shotgun in the redzone because they don't do much under center.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
To what extent, i don't know, but I have to believe that there is some element of truth to this. Another reason to send this staff packing.
Well, Butters will need a job this time next year.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't watch the game, was he under center again?

There are those coaches who say that they don't like to leave the shotgun in the redzone because they don't do much under center.
For that particular play he happened to be, but it was one of very few times that he was.

Didn't watch the game huh? Interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator