Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
If Del rio is named the starter coming out of spring and I was Franks or Trask I would Transfer. No way I sit behind that for 2 years.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't watch the game, was he under center again?

There are those coaches who say that they don't like to leave the shotgun in the redzone because they don't do much under center.
Thompson fumbled in the redzone on the second series. I don't even think it was a forced fumble.

Bad snap exchange from under center on the 4 yard line in the third series. Oh yeah, with our back up center, oops I mean our 3rd string center. Just stay in the freaking gun or pistol fer chrissakes.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Thompson fumbled in the redzone on the second series. I don't even think it was a forced fumble.

Bad snap exchange from under center on the 4 yard line in the third series. Oh yeah, with our back up center, oops I mean our 3rd string center. Just stay in the freaking gun or pistol fer chrissakes.
Looked like he just lost the handle. Snap seemed to be right there. One of two TO's he had. Otherwise, his play was superior to what we've seen lately, but there is room for improvement even though the remaining window is small.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah I'm not saying it was the center fault for the bad exchange, I'm just saying that in that situation it's probably better to just go with what you've been doing for the last 10 plays rather than try to switch up your technique right at the goal line.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
On Thompson's fumble, I think I saw the tackler wrap up with his left arm and poke
the ball out with his right fist.?? But inside the 20 you gotta protect against that. Too many
times it appears Thompson never thinks that the D think about knocking the ball loose.??
Besides, Thompson isn't the bash-back we needed and he's not often used as the good-hands
pass receiver he was touted to be,?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He makes mistakes, but so does LDR. Appleby makes throws LDR struggles with look easy. That's the difference.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
AA completed passes that LDR would have gotten intercepted or DB-blocked, plus a few
times WRs would have gotten clobbered.??

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I could see great potency added to our drives, were AA allowed to run on several different
schemed plays. Of course we have to be careful that AA doesn't get injured -- or coaches
might be forced to discover new better-than-LDR QB talent.

Yesterday, IMO I saw a backup-OL that seem to "pull" & block better than the 1st stringers.??
They will certainly add to our ongoing OL development. Perhaps by reverse osmosis this
"stepping-up" by subs will develop our coaching ?? This "put-upon-us-by-injuries" development
raised our team pride and fire where McElwaned at it.??

Last edited:

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
AA completed passes that LDR would have gotten intercepted or DB-blocked, plus a few
times WRs would have gotten clobbered.??

... and the fact the ball wasn't doing prairie dog impressions or dinging Larry the Dr. Pepper guy :embarrassed:

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
From what I saw, he played well. He played well in his first playing time this year (NT and first half of UToof), but then I saw things that made me agree with the coaches' decision. LDR before his knee injury and after have been two different players. I'm not sure why and I'm not saying it was because of the injury, but there has been a marked change.

As for evaluating AA (and the resultant judgement of the coaches), I don't think it's wise to draw conclusions after one game. I hope he shines and leads us to glory from here on, but I don't think one game let's you draw a very reliable projection.

I'm happy he played well and am hoping he lights it up going forward. :stars:

He did play well. To me he was noticeably better on the short and intermediate throws which is new. Let's see if can continue that trend or if he's streaky and regresses next week.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
This kid is still yet to play behind our best 5 OLs. He's been put in tough situations and has done a solid job. He's got two extremely tough road games ahead that we very, very likely lose. He'll likely have some ugly moments. So, don't forget these comments posted here and that he saved us an embarrassing loss to our ex sh*tty coach!

Who's to say who are the 5 best lineman? They played their best game yesterday with a 3rd string center, 2nd string guards, a left tackle that normally plays left guard and a frosh right tackle. Two of them never played a meaningful down until yesterday. Sheesh.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I love the complements for AA. I hope he lights the world on fire with his play.

I detest how this board can be such catty jerks when expectations aren't met, so I'm glad to have a respite from it and a something to refer back to when the seas get rough.

For now, let's keep up this positivity! :thumbup:

:stars:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Who's to say who are the 5 best lineman? They played their best game yesterday with a 3rd string center, 2nd string guards, a left tackle that normally plays left guard and a frosh right tackle. Two of them never played a meaningful down until yesterday. Sheesh.

Semantics dude. The "starting" OL.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014

Yea, how many false starts yesterday? One? That is a huge improvement.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Soon the receivers will be used to a harder thrown ball and maybe the drops will lessen. You just can't over emphasize how much more effective you can be at QB with arm strength. The only way around it is the kind of precise timing routes and fades that Danny used to throw but that doesn't come overnight.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah I'm not saying it was the center fault for the bad exchange, I'm just saying that in that situation it's probably better to just go with what you've been doing for the last 10 plays rather than try to switch up your technique right at the goal line.
Didn't think you were, but I agree, the pistol/shotgun would have been less likely to produce the TO. I have a hard time understanding the O staff's thought processes on some of their calls. Seems like they either over think or don't think at all.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's hard when you don't know if they're genius or fools.

I vote Fools!

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I think Appleby played pretty good Saturday and we need him to continue to do so because next week is a big-time step up in competition. However...he finally got "Emptywood" to catch some passes...so that an accomplishment on it's own :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.