Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm reasonably certain that Rog has done his body weight in LSD, maybe this week.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
do you really think the media is against us? Cmon. We have more Gator fans against us than the media.

We haven't had a difficult schedule and we haven't looked good. The media shouldn't be singing our praises, just acknowledging we are taking care of business.

The part about not looking good, certainly at times, can be said about virtually anyone. And to say that UF has looked consistently bad across the board is just not accurate. A lot of room for growth still, but the time to hit the panic button has not arrived quite yet. Also, IMO, anointing AU an elite team, immediately after beating down an MSU team that clearly had its collective heads up their collective bung holes, is a bit premature. But of course, fair and objective media criticism of play / coaching is fine - and completely expected. And many of our fans are very demanding and occasionally "unreasonable" and that is not going to change - so what?

What I am saying about the media, since you asked, is that the crew on Gameday in particular, and sports news as a whole, has a "story line" oriented approach that informs and shapes every broadcast. I have seen the over the top, self-righteous act from Herbie before - perhaps I'm the only one who cares about being unfairly berated and lobbied against on national TV - oh well. Brian Griese made his bias against UF abundantly clear just recently, and the SEC Network is currently writhing with adoration for AU and doubt bordering on open distain for the Gators. Even the CBS crew is wrestling to see who gets to bow before AU first. They seem to see themselves as "king makers" and opinion setters, and to a large degree they've become just that. We will see if their extreme fluffing of what I think may be a significantly over-rated AU team was warranted. Hell, who knows, it might even turn out that we actually have a really good team this year ourselves.

Oscar the G

Nov 7, 2018
The part about not looking good, certainly at times, can be said about virtually anyone. And to say that UF has looked consistently bad across the board is just not accurate. A lot of room for growth still, but the time to hit the panic button has not arrived quite yet. Also, IMO, anointing AU an elite team, immediately after beating down an MSU team that clearly had its collective heads up their collective bung holes, is a bit premature. But of course, fair and objective media criticism of play / coaching is fine - and completely expected. And many of our fans are very demanding and occasionally "unreasonable" and that is not going to change - so what?

What I am saying about the media, since you asked, is that the crew on Gameday in particular, and sports news as a whole, has a "story line" oriented approach that informs and shapes every broadcast. I have seen the over the top, self-righteous act from Herbie before - perhaps I'm the only one who cares about being unfairly berated and lobbied against on national TV - oh well. Brian Griese made his bias against UF abundantly clear just recently, and the SEC Network is currently writhing with adoration for AU and doubt bordering on open distain for the Gators. Even the CBS crew is wrestling to see who gets to bow before AU first. They seem to see themselves as "king makers" and opinion setters, and to a large degree they've become just that. We will see if their extreme fluffing of what I think may be a significantly over-rated AU team was warranted. Hell, who knows, it might even turn out that we actually have a really good team this year ourselves.
when was UF berated and unfairly lobbied against? Over a decade ago? King makers? They cant do that, the schedule takes care of it.

Media fluffs teams that look good and forget about teams that simply find a way. We most definitely might have a great team this year. We might simply be average. We havent shown anything for the media to talk about, we've been doing the bare minimum.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The only way to shut the media nay-sayers up is to beat AU Saturday. Even if only by a point (which I'm predicting, 24-23), that will shut them up. Just remember that when we weren't expected to beat LSU last year, we did. It's not like we're 30 pt dogs at home, we're 3 pt dogs, and definitely could win the game.

Himey

Founding Member
Super Important Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Since Trask took over we've been averaging about 19 points per half. Being at home, going into the game nearly full strength, and the offense having more experience now with Trask at QB, I expect we should be able to continue to get quick strikes to our play-makers, who are going to be the most talented group AU has seen. Everyone points out our O-line struggles which is definitely legit, but if there is one thing they have been decent at, it's pass protection.

If we don't turn the ball over, they aren't going to be able to stop us from moving the ball consistently, so we should score 30+ in this game. A&M & MSU didn't get to 30 because they both fumbled 3 times. Not putting the ball on the ground is going to be key.

Don't forget that Trask basically didn't play in the 4th quarters of the Tennessee and Towson games. We've yet seen a game where Trask was needed to play all 4 quarters. Offensive production could have been higher but was unnecessary.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
Everyone is slobbing Auburn’s nob, gushing about their schedule as if they’d just beaten the ‘85 Chicago Bears in 4 straight games. I love that nobody thinks we can win, it’s going to be so sweet when we spank that ass

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I love that nobody thinks we can win
I don't. I wish they thought we were a great team and we'd own any team with the slightest flaw and knew we had so much talent and such a coaching edge that we were surely a #1 or #2 seed in the playoffs.

That's what I'd love.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
I don't. I wish they thought we were a great team and we'd own any team with the slightest flaw and knew we had so much talent and such a coaching edge that we were surely a #1 or #2 seed in the playoffs.

That's what I'd love.
Well I would love that too, but it ain’t happening right now until we prove it. Losing a decade will do that to perceptions. I know we can win and can’t wait to earn that respect back

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
when was UF berated and unfairly lobbied against? Over a decade ago? King makers? They cant do that, the schedule takes care of it.

Media fluffs teams that look good and forget about teams that simply find a way. We most definitely might have a great team this year. We might simply be average. We havent shown anything for the media to talk about, we've been doing the bare minimum.

I know that you probably know this, but for the record: My reference was to Herbie arguing loudly and passionately against UF in the so-called "debate" before the selection of UF to meet OSU for the 2006 NC. He used the phrase "eye test" repeatedly to explain why UF didn't measure up to a chance at the NC because Michigan, in his eye, was clearly better. His opinion is literally his business, and I really don't care too much that he demanded a rematch of the last big game of the season - as opposed to a fair shot at the a NC for another 1 loss team that hadn't just lost to OSU. Call me crazy, you're not the first.

But what I really regarded as out of bounds and highly unprofessional, was his direct and un-filtered charges that UF was unfit to be on the same field with either OSU or UM. As I recall, he turned out to be incorrect. His repeated attempts to influence the process were bad enough. But then for the month prior to the game, he continued to hammer the selection, saying again and again that UF was undeserving and had next to no chance to win. In doing so, he attempted to rob Florida of the NC game slot they richly deserved and then treated them with scarcely concealed scorn. And then more recently, even in the minds of many outside Gator Nation, the tone of Brian Griese's "reportage" at KY was damn-near derogatory and openly hostile at times. As I write this, Paul F'bomb and friends are currently sucking off AU and will excitedly repeat that performance once LSU's turn comes - whether we beat AU or not. Espn do what espn do.

But peace brother! We obviously have a different view of a couple of things, including the appropriateness of Herbie's most recent remarks involving UF and FF in particular. I also seem to have a higher opinion of our team and our chances this weekend. I won't have anymore to say on this matter except phukk Auburn, phukk Herbie, phukk F'bomb and GO GATORS!

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I thought that was a joke arguing a 2 loss Georgia should go over a 1 loss conference champ also.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
I can't remember a time when UF wasn't a whipping boy for sports prognosticators. Every time over the years when we have been the incumbent preseason favorite or a game favorite the sportscasters decide it's time to pick the young upstart new kid on the block. Spurrier would even gripe about this after winning a big game, especially ugly. Well I hope the Jordan Reeds of world are wrong again. We'll find out Saturday!! GO GATORS!!!

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
They have a good running game, but if you contain the end arounds, it is much more pedestrian than you’d think. Their yards per carry is almost .5 yds less if only including RB’s and QB’s. It’s still a good 4.9 YPC, but to show how non-dominant that is, we are at 4.4 ypc and been pretty rough looking.

Hopefully Grenardand Zuniga back show much more discipline than the Polite/Jefferson combo on containing the edge. Moon has shown to be a concern and not just against Flacco.

Yeah, when I think of our defense, I think of discipline.

Greenard has seemed to play very smart this year beyond playing really well overall. Plus, it isn’t too hard to be more disciplined than the polite/Jefferson combo. So, yes, I think we do have an improved chance at containing the sweeps and reverses because of better edge discipline.

It isn't just a discipline thing. At some point you have a LB like Greenard, yes his position still says LB and he's been a LB his whole life, getting his by a 310 pound SEC tackle. We are going to lose MOST of those. We just are.

We are soft vs the run by design. It isn't the player's fault.

So, Donk, about our differing views in these posts about stopping the WR run game and Auburn becoming less impactful in running the ball . . .

upload_2019-10-5_21-43-42.gif

Also, yes, we are good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.