Are we looking at another QB transfer? Kid from UCLA

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Certainly wouldn't hurt to add some depth.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Does he have some big dudes to bring with him for the OL?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TN G8tr;n230224 said:
Does he have some big dudes to bring with him for the OL?

No, but with our O-Line, we probably need a couple more QBs.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Yes. He's from Florida and wanted to be a Gator coming out of high school but we never offered him. Instead of offering him Chump offered Max Staver.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Marianna said:
Yes. He's from Florida and wanted to be a Gator coming out of high school but we never offered him. Instead of offering him Chump offered Max Staver.

To be fair, he wasn't quite fast enough to play DB.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Shows just how dumb the previous staff was. Turning away an instate elite 11 mvp qb?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Marianna said:
It makes you wonder if muschamp was actually trying to lose

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n230232 said:
Shows just how dumb the previous staff was. Turning away an instate elite 11 mvp qb?

They were dumb? Damn! Why didn't anyone on this board ever say so before???!!!

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n230226 said:
No, but with our O-Line, we probably need a couple more QBs.

:eek:hnoes2:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n230239 said:
I'm sorry for insulting your buddy

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
t-gator;n230238 said:
It makes you wonder if muschamp was actually trying to lose
I have actually said this to my friends that ride to the games with me. I truly believe that he didn't have our best interest at heart because nothing else would explain why he made the decisions he made. BTW Chump offered but never recruited Scarlett or Cronkite after the initial offer.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Marianna said:

Big kid with a strong arm. I suspect Mac would like to have Staver this year, too. However, we ran him off with the one year experiment with the spread designed to highlight that Driskelness we had at QB and emphasis his ability to read defenses and run a hurry up offense with his razor sharp mind and cannon (or RPG like) arm.

I know it seems odd and might have impinged on the plan to remain at least 5 deep at every DB spot, but we possibly could have taken TWO Qbs.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n230239 said:
412cb0b8a9b2e101fceed4c1e20a0962.jpg

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
My guess is this kid is about 4th on their depth chart. With Hundley leaving you'd think UCLA's QB position would be wide open.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Marianna said:
Yeah...it's pretty f'ing unbelievable.

I get where SQ's coming from to a degree. We obviously already know that Muschamp was an absolute idiot, and have discussed it at length. So I understand not wanting to harp on it any further.

The flip side however is that with each passing week, there seem to be new discoveries of the range of his ineptitude. So it's inevitably going to be discussed because while the premise is the same, the story lines are different. My guess is this isn't going to go away any time soon, whether or not we'd all like it to.

Would love to see this kid added to the roster. We need true competition for whoever the starter is.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
soflagator;n230397 said:
...The flip side however is that with each passing week, there seem to be new discoveries of the range of his ineptitude. So it's inevitably going to be discussed because while the premise is the same, the story lines are different. My guess is this isn't going to go away any time soon, whether or not we'd all like it to.....

I get this. It's like most people expect it to take about 2-3 yrs for JMac to have his players in, and it feels it may take the same amount of time to uncover all the problems WM left behind. Yes, WM sucked, and we discover new points of suckage periodically to remind us how much he sucked and what JMac has to overcome. In this case, the previous staff's mishandling of offensive recruiting - which we knew we didn't recruit well on that side as evidenced on the roster and field, but now we're getting the details of how badly it was done in the homes and at the schools.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.