Arkansas 11/5/16

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We play at Arkansas the week after the Coctail Party.

They Have a bye week the week before the game.

This could be an interesting trap game.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
It won't be easy, especially going on the road. We face a lot of pro-style/running teams this year (UGA, LSU, Arkansas, FSU, Kentucky, Tennessee) so we should know by November if our D is good against the run.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Tennessee is a pro style run game? Seems like they run a zone read spread type offense to me.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Arkansas has a lot of unknowns at this point. They have to replace their QB, best two RB's, a couple of very good O-linemen, and their best pass-catching playmaker at TE. Their defense should be improved but will they be elite? Probably not.

The last few years Arkansas had a poor start to the season but played better in the 2nd half of the year. I wish this game was in September because they are playing us at the best time for them. That doesn't mean I think they'll beat us. They will simply be a tougher team in November.

This game and really our season will come down to can we stop the run. If our LB's are still healthy, then I think the answer will be "yes." If we have some injuries and have to play nickel the whole game, then we better hope that the offense plays a great game.

Also, I've been to a game there, and while the town, campus, and stadium are surprisingly nice, the calling of the hogs chant is beyond obnoxious. It's similar to nails on a chalkboard.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
New QB, New RB, A lot of ?'s at the WR and OL positions...

Plus I'll be there and we are 1-0 in Florida games I attend...

It's a win. Count on it.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
truth-its-a-trap.jpg

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
We play at Arkansas the week after the Coctail Party.

They Have a buy week the week before the game.

This could be an interesting trap game.
We're in far better shape than they are going into this season. Their defense was atrocious last year and there's just no reason to think that they will be anything better than average if even that on defense this year. Their offense is depleted of it's most talented players in Allen, Henry, Collins, Morgan and a couple of very good offensive linemen. It will take their replacements half of the season or more to develop into serviceable players in their offensive scheme, in fact their best offensive player looks to be their one returning TE, Jeremy Sprinkle.
Although many on this board will disagree, BB is actually a pretty good coach but it takes the kind of players that Arky gets a couple of years to develop and this just isn't going to be one of those years where everything comes together for them. In fact their best chance may be the weather,....yeah it can get ****ty cold and icy there at that time of the year...
If I were to call it right now I'd say were probably 14-17 point winners in this game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator