As much as I hate Muschamp...

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I have confidence we have a coach who is aware and is capable of doing something about what needs fixing. Especially by the end, did anybody feel that way about Mussie? It's not really a "pass", I'm just good with where we are and don't think there's much valid reason to be concerned about it. It's called "enjoying it". Some of you should try it. If things change down the road, well, that's then not now.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't disagree with any of that. Like I said, I'm not bashing the guy...I just think he hasn't done much on offense lately. We gave him all the praise in the beginning of the year, right? So why is he immune now?

Like you, there have certainly been positives this year but there have been negatives as well. It is funny how many people are talking about reserving judgment yet we have a thread about Coach Mac deserving coach of year.

Muschamp inherited a pretty crappy offense from Meyer with many recruiting holes as well. I never expected Mac to turn us into a top 10 offense in the first year but I also expected to see improvement which we haven't seen in weeks.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think we can look at Baylor. They had an offense that was pretty much unstoppable then they lost 3 qb's and was forced to move an undersized receiver to qb and that offense looked pretty awful. That's what mac has had to work with this second half of the season. Not to mention our young offensive line.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
I blame mac for the lack of offensive adjustments. Offense too vanilla. Ole nussmeier was run out if Alabama becsue of it too.

And Alabama has won how many national titles since they ran Nussmeier out of town and replaced him with the boy genius?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Nussmeier got a 200k raise to go to Michigan

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Well we can say all we want or how to put it but from what I've seen there has been improvement in areas offensively. The OL and WR's have been an improvement. As the OL was getting better, and yes they have given TH time to be in the pocket at times, TH was getting worse. To me this is about QB play and how it went down. No depth left for Mac and that is on Mussie. He'll get his guy and we'll see how it goes. But to do this season what he's done with a patch work offense....think of what he can do when he gets it loaded up.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
There's a big difference between acknowledging there is room for improvement vs nitpicking specific deficiencies in YEAR ONE as if the new coach isn't doing the best job possible (which implies failure). I suppose some fans here were expecting Mac to provide a Houdini act?

Based on my observations on this board, Cover2 and Okeechobee Joe are the most likely posters here who would know how to actually coach a team. They've noted deficiencies without sounding like whiny, spoiled fans. I get that some of you don't want to be sunshine pumpers - mission accomplished. However, I wonder if some of you realize what you sound like when you're talking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Like you, there have certainly been positives this year but there have been negatives as well. It is funny how many people are talking about reserving judgment yet we have a thread about Coach Mac deserving coach of year.

Muschamp inherited a pretty crappy offense from Meyer with many recruiting holes as well. I never expected Mac to turn us into a top 10 offense in the first year but I also expected to see improvement which we haven't seen in weeks.

Muschamp also got a pass in year one by most people, it was year three where the pitch forks came out.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Muschamp had injuries too...and I am NOT comparing Mac to that piece of crap. I am comparing the noticeable amount of latitude given to each. Yes, it is Mac's first year so some latitude should be given. But we were are proclaiming the second coming earlier in the year. Now it seems like everyone but Mac share's the blame.

Muschamp with the injuries in year one got a pass, by year 3 with his roster and the depth he was supposed to create he didn't. If we are in year three and the same thing happens under McElwain then he deserves the same criticism.

People forget the excuses that were given to Muschamp during year one due to what he was left with from Meyer, which in hidsight was better than we probably perceived at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.