As much as I hate Muschamp...

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't read... Just read the thread title, agreed and wanted to approve the message...

giphy.gif

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It is interesting. Reminds me a lot of Muschamp in the way he was defended religiously. Nothing was ever Muschamp's fault. Every excuse was made for his inadequacies. Mac seems bullet proof on here. Much like his predecessor for the longest time. Grier and Harris were actually embroiled in a QB controversy for weeks. Hard to believe. Mac was fooled on that ridiculous fake FG. And we can't score to save our lives right now and he's supposed to be this offensive god.

I'm happy for the year since we got to ATL. Ten wins is good. Our schedule wasn't very good though. Mac will end up 1-4 vs ranked teams. That's not what you're looking for even in year one. I'm sure I'll get called all kinds of names but it is just a matter of prospective. Would anyone think we would be winning with Muschamp's defense? Crazy.

You recite the facts with not an ounce of context. Let the clouds dissipate before you unleash your feelings. The only thing you can go on at this point is 10-3, and that screams that your take is wrong. The guy took over a crap offense, lost the best QB on the roster for the year and was left with a fish in a rodeo ring.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
How so, we don't know what we have. We won't know until we have a more complete roster. But because that is being stated you have to have an excuse for people to bring those things up. It's his job to build the roster, and that is on him. So are we supposed to change the facts, so you can complain.

If you know the fact that McElwain came in with hardly any offensive talent, how can we really judge what he can do? Now if 3 years from now we still only have 6 scholarship offensive linemen. That is on him. The defense is what he walked into, lack of talent at every offensive postion. He can't change the offense midseason when trying to lay down a foundation for years 2 or 3. This year is the start of a of the building, and had some help with the weakness of the East. We lost to the only three teams that we should have equal talent as we do, and we should be striving to have equal talent with all three of those programs. We currently do not due to the previous administration.

I don't disagree with any of that. Like I said, I'm not bashing the guy...I just think he hasn't done much on offense lately. We gave him all the praise in the beginning of the year, right? So why is he immune now?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I don't disagree with any of that. Like I said, I'm not bashing the guy...I just think he hasn't done much on offense lately. We gave him all the praise in the beginning of the year, right? So why is he immune now?
I don't think he's immune, but we're just giving him a pass based on all the factors involved.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Immune? Immune to what? Criticism for half his Offensive line out with injuries? Criticism for his starting QB being a dumb@ss and getting himself suspended for 12 months? Criticism for NO real back-up QB because the previous guy didn't recruit offensive players for crap?

Nobody is saying he's immune to criticism. We just know he's done one helluva job with what he's had to work with. It's not like he can go grab players off the street mid-season.:facepalm: He has to work with what he has on the roster NOW. And right now, what he has on the roster is a lot of :kiffin:. No offense to the young men playing their tails off this year, but some of them would never be starting in the SEC if we had any depth at all.

southerngrilling

Dec 5, 2015
Yes the offense has regressed. I thought this guy was some sort of offensive guru. Didn't show me much since lsu game

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Immune? Immune to what? Criticism for half his Offensive line out with injuries? Criticism for his starting QB being a dumb@ss and getting himself suspended for 12 months? Criticism for NO real back-up QB because the previous guy didn't recruit offensive players for crap?

Nobody is saying he's immune to criticism. We just know he's done one helluva job with what he's had to work with. It's not like he can go grab players off the street mid-season.:facepalm: He has to work with what he has on the roster NOW. And right now, what he has on the roster is a lot of :kiffin:. No offense to the young men playing their tails off this year, but some of them would never be starting in the SEC if we had any depth at all.

Muschamp had injuries too...and I am NOT comparing Mac to that piece of crap. I am comparing the noticeable amount of latitude given to each. Yes, it is Mac's first year so some latitude should be given. But we were are proclaiming the second coming earlier in the year. Now it seems like everyone but Mac share's the blame.

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Well, for me, I had said this at the end of the SECCgame...
He gets a pass this year, but the critical eye begins its watch in August.
I expect a functioning offense. being in the 50-60 range of all college fb teams.
Look at the stars Mac. We want offense.Do what you need to do.

southerngrilling

Dec 5, 2015
I blame mac for the lack of offensive adjustments. Offense too vanilla. Ole nussmeier was run out if Alabama becsue of it too.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He gets a pass this year. Expectation is that the offense gets better next year. He has to pull in a couple O-lineman and get a QB in this cycle.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Wow, only UF fans can imply that a first year coach, taking over a mess, winning 10 games, is "on watch" for next year. To read some of these posts...

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I blame mac for the lack of offensive adjustments. Offense too vanilla. Ole nussmeier was run out if Alabama becsue of it too.

Yea, I just dont understand why he let all of his star oline guys sit on the bench and only played his young backups. Makes no sense. He let his star QB sit too. How dumb of him. And he really should have scrapped his pro style offense half way thru the season and run the spread. Afterall, we are set up that way. Just makes no sense to me when we are so deep at every position. What an idiot this coach is. And to only win 10 games....geeze, what a failure. And that terrible play calling that had receivers open on every play all over the field. That was awful.. just awful.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The schedule is tougher next season. We'll go 9-3 and people will want his head on a platter.:facepalm:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
What an idiot this coach is. And to only win 10 games....geeze, what a failure. And that terrible play calling that had receivers open on every play all over the field. That was awful.. just awful.

Who said he's an idiot? And who called him a failure?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.