Attention Lakeland Gators: Gator basketball

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Gator basketball will play St. Bonaventure in Lakeland this upcoming season. With the renovations to the O'Dome a lot of games will be played around the state as "home" games.

http://brockway.blogs.gatorsports.com/13479/gators-to-play-st-bonaventure-in-lakeland/

Florida’s barnstorming non-conference schedule is continuing to take shape.

The Gators will play St. Bonaventure in Lakeland, according to a report from the Olean (N.Y.) Times Herald.

A time and date for the game has yet to be finalized, but it will take place at the 8.200-seat Lakeland Civic Center, which has served as the host site for the high school state basketball championships.

In addition, according to the Associated Press’ Mark Long, Florida will host Arkansas-Little Rock in its first game of the renovated O’Connell Center/Exactech Arena on Dec. 21. St. Bonaventure finished 22-9 overall and 14-4 in the Atlantic 10 last season.

UARL finished 30-5 last season and upset Purdue in the first round of the NCAA Tournament.

Here’s an updated look at UF’s non-conference schedule:

– Nov. 24-27, Advocare Tournament (field includes Miami, Iowa State, Seton Hall, Quinnipiac, Indiana State, Stanford).

– Dec. 6 vs. Duke (Jimmy V. Classic, New York City)

– Dec. 17 vs. Charlotte (Orange Bowl Classic, Sunrise)

– Dec. 21 vs. Arkansas Little-Rock

– Jan. 28 at Oklahoma

– tbd, St. Bonaventure (Lakeland Civic Center)

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm hoping we will be playing in Orlando so my family and I can go to a closer game. Go Gators!!

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I'm hoping we will be playing in Orlando so my family and I can go to a closer game. Go Gators!!

You'd think they'd use this opportunity to get to the major Florida cities: Jacksonville, Orlando, Tampa, Miami. Great chance for local fans to catch a game and helps w/ recruiting a building the "brand". It's a win-win.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
In other basketball news:

After announcing his intentions to transfer from Florida’s basketball program early last month, Brandone Francis-Ramirez has found a new school.

The former 4-star guard, who committed to the Gators in 2013 when Billy Donavan was coach, announced he will be joining Texas Tech’s program via Twitter on Tuesday afternoon.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
In other basketball news:

After announcing his intentions to transfer from Florida’s basketball program early last month, Brandone Francis-Ramirez has found a new school.

The former 4-star guard, who committed to the Gators in 2013 when Billy Donavan was coach, announced he will be joining Texas Tech’s program via Twitter on Tuesday afternoon.
Good luck to BFR. Lubbock is a far cry from the Ville - he shouldn't have many outside distractions.
With Tubby moving on to Memphis, TT has a new head coach in Chris Beard, who was at Ark-LR.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Looks like the team will open in Jacksonville for 2 games:

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/...arting-their-season-in-jacksonville/245982307

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The University of Florida men's basketball team will open the 2017-2017 season with two games at the Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena, according to JAXSPORTS.

The Gators will play against Belmont on Friday, Nov 11 and Mercer on Sunday, Nov. 13.

“Jacksonville will be a fantastic place to open our season,” University of Florida Head Coach Mike White said. “The Gators have a great history of playing in the city and it’s close to home. Jacksonville and Duval County have a huge amount of Florida fans and alumni, so we’ll be excited to have their support as we face two really high-caliber opponents.”

Due to the $64.5 million renovation of Exactech Arena at the O'Connell Center, the Gators will be playing their early-season games elsewhere.

“We are always delighted to welcome the Gators to Jacksonville,” said Mayor Lenny Curry. “We have a long tradition of serving and hosting Gators’ football fans in our city, and look forward to the opportunity to create an exciting and enjoyable experience for basketball enthusiasts.”

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Those are a couple of quality mid-majors to start the season. It's going to be a challenging OOC schedule this Fall being away from Billy Donovan court so much.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
This will make for a very interesting season. As others have sad, this is a solid schedule that is being put together.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I gotta try to make the one with Mercer, my daughter starts there in the fall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator