Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Here is one reason we’re getting some transfers:

tumblr_lqv57xlXV81ql3vkto1_250.gif

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I always liked Stone. What could have been (with Billy D here).

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think they will stay too, but I promise you:

1. Nembhard has members of his camp telling him to declare for the NBA draft. I suspect he will declare, go to workouts and come back, but stranger things have happened than him staying in.

2. Johnson has people in his camp saying to him that he needs to get away from White and get to a coach that will play him at a position that will benefit him at the next level. Usually a player getting his minutes will not leave, but just a 6'5" frosh playing the 4 is just as unusual. Johnson too could put his name in for the NBA draft.

Neither of them are anywhere close to being ready for the NBA. Nembhard might get drafted but KJ?

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Kid is dynamic but does not have the ball skills to truly play the 3. Needs work on outside shooting, ballhandling and passing.

Did anyone nickname him the "Drunken Dribbler?" I would say his handle is superior to Brewer and Parsons when they were frosh.

I expect the seven I listed including Nembhard and Johnson to be on the roster next year. It is just that I can see reasons why they would consider leaving. And if I can see such reasons, I assure you someone in their camp has thought of them too.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Chris Walker was a dunking freak as well.
Except Lewis is an all around beast at 6'5". He shut down 6'10" 5* Jaden McDaniels (ESPN #6 player 2019) head-to-head, personally guarding him. His defense is top notch and he plays with a serious edge. CW played like he was stoned :bandit: NTTAWWT :lol:

Here's the game between Ranney and Federal Way.

Last edited:

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
CW played like he was stoned :bandit: NTTAWWT :lol:

Except this was post CW being at Florida. All the rave, yourself included, was that Walker & Hill were going to save the world when they stepped foot on campus.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Did anyone nickname him the "Drunken Dribbler?" I would say his handle is superior to Brewer and Parsons when they were frosh.

I expect the seven I listed including Nembhard and Johnson to be on the roster next year. It is just that I can see reasons why they would consider leaving. And if I can see such reasons, I assure you someone in their camp has thought of them too.

No doubt....the mission for many of these handlers is to get them to the league as fast as possible.....ready or not. That’s when their payday comes.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Keyonte Johnson ain't freaking transferring lol. 3 or 4 doesn't really matter in this system. If you watch, its pretty interchangeable. The most ridiculous thing I've heard all day.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Making Chris Walker a real basketball player was a tall order - even though, more than anybody, I 'misordid' it.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I think we all discounted how much of an advantage Chris Walker had playing A ball in high school. He was..............BAD here.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Chris Walker was a dunking freak as well.
Chris Walker played at freaking bonifay . It was 1a. The lowest division in FL. Had zero development in HS. Scottie Lewis is at prep school in New Jersey. I just don't see the comparison.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Walker was also FSU stupid. Not sure he could comprehend anything he was being coached on.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Chris Walker played at freaking bonifay . It was 1a. The lowest division in FL. Had zero development in HS. Scottie Lewis is at prep school in New Jersey. I just don't see the comparison.
It’s clear you do see the point if you think the comparison I was making was about who they played. The comparison that I’m making is about the thought process and comments are very similar between these recruits. Again, Walker & Hill we’re going to save the world just like you all are saying with next year’s class.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015

He was also playing for the Florida Rams and Ramker which was a sketchy outfit that was focused on getting kids to the league as quickly as possible....fundamentals be damned.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I think they will stay too, but I promise you:

1. Nembhard has members of his camp telling him to declare for the NBA draft. I suspect he will declare, go to workouts and come back, but stranger things have happened than him staying in.

2. Johnson has people in his camp saying to him that he needs to get away from White and get to a coach that will play him at a position that will benefit him at the next level. Usually a player getting his minutes will not leave, but just a 6'5" frosh playing the 4 is just as unusual. Johnson too could put his name in for the NBA draft.
Johnson's future at UF looks bright, but let's be real, his main skill is he can jump really high. He is a good rebounder, an average ball handler, below average passer, terrible FT shooter, mediocre jump shooter and he's listed at 6' 5" which means he's probably 6' 4.

I doubt he gets drafted if he leaves now but could probably get a shot overseas. His best shot is to stay at least another year but more likely 2 in order to develop into a serviceable NBA 2-3 hybrid.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.