Bama vs. OSU. Meyer vs. Saban. Oh the humanity!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Some people wanted a poll on this, but I think it's a waste of time. I think the poll would overwhelmingly show that Gator fans are pulling for Bama in this one. They'd rather Saban and the rednecks of Alabama throw yet another championship into their closet than see a coach that brought us two NC's win the game, for two reasons: A) SEC "pride" nonsense, and B) OSU and Meyer hatred.

I understand the OSU hatred. I feel the same way. I don't understand the Meyer hatred, but that debate has been raging for three years now. The Meyer haters have thrown one theory around this entire time: that Meyer fled the SEC because he was scared of Saban and knew he could no longer compete.

Well here we are, and Meyer gets another crack at Saban. This time with a 3rd string QB. But there's a lot of people nervous about this game, more nervous than they would ever admit. This OSU team seems different this time. What they did to Wisconsin was a real eye opener. Gator fans know better than anyone how Meyer can motivate a team - and so do OSU fans, as they were on the wrong end of it back in 2006.

[video=youtube;9kSt4sYfDfE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kSt4sYfDfE[/video]
Personally, while I can't say I'm "rooting" for Meyer, I would find it EXTREMELY amusing if he beat Nick Saban after all this. It was never supposed to happen. He is cowering in fear over the man, right?

This thread will almost certainly devolve into the usual rehash of Meyer's last year, how he quit, the "broken" program, blahblahblah. Save it, we've been over it a million times. Let's talk about this game. Can the Bucknuts beat Bama?

Discuss.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I would like Bama to beat OSU and then lose to Oregon.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Look, NO ONE wants OSU to win the NC. This is just about this one game.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n134181 said:
Look, NO ONE wants OSU to win the NC. This is just about this one game.

I want them to win it if fsucks somehow gets pass the Ducks.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n134186 said:
I want them to win it if fsucks somehow gets pass the Ducks.
Oy, that's another debate. OSU vs FSU. :facepalm:

Please God don't let that happen.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Won't matter. OSU has had a great year but doesn't have the horses to beat Bama. Doesn't help they're on their 3rd QB either. Besides, on the off chance the :nole:s manage to beat Oregon, I don't feel good about OSU vs the Criminoles so I'd rather see Bama advance to ruin their NC repeat.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'll say a lot of mean things about Meyer, but he didn't leave Florida because he was scared of Nick Saban. Meyer's one of the most egotistical and competitive people on the planet, he ain't skeered of no man.

Either way, Oregon winning it all would make me much happier than any other team winning it.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n134196 said:
Won't matter. OSU has had a great year but doesn't have the horses to beat Bama. Doesn't help they're on their 3rd QB either. Besides, on the off chance the :nole:s manage to beat Oregon, I don't feel good about OSU vs the Criminoles so I'd rather see Bama advance to ruin their NC repeat.

J's banner is better than yours. :hahaha:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I wouldn't mind seeing Urban Meyer beat the crap out of Nick Saban. Unfortunately, I don't think that Ohio State has the offense to get past FSU. So I'd like Alabama to win this game just in case FSU sneaks past Oregon.

I'm not sure which game is played first. If the Oregon game is played first and Oregon wins then I'd like to see Ohio State win. But if Oregon loses I'd like to see Bama win.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone other than Bama or the Clowns. I'll be pulling for the Bucknuts and the Quacks.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n134209 said:
I wouldn't mind seeing Urban Meyer beat the crap out of Nick Saban. Unfortunately, I don't think that Ohio State has the offense to get past FSU. So I'd like Alabama to win this game just in case FSU sneaks past Oregon.

I'm not sure which game is played first. If the Oregon game is played first and Oregon wins then I'd like to see Ohio State win. But if Oregon loses I'd like to see Bama win.

Oregon/FSU play four hours before Bama/OSU do.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
TheBigClaw;n134198 said:
Roll tide.. Bring home that SEC another title

For the life of me, I just don't get this SEC pride crap. That's for the leghumpers, cocks, etc.. You know...the ones that will never win one of their own. We're Gators, dammit!

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n134163 said:
Some people wanted a poll on this, but I think it's a waste of time. I think the poll would overwhelmingly show that Gator fans are pulling for Bama in this one. They'd rather Saban and the rednecks of Alabama throw yet another championship into their closet than see a coach that brought us two NC's win the game, for two reasons: A) SEC "pride" nonsense, and B) OSU and Meyer hatred.

I understand the OSU hatred. I feel the same way. I don't understand the Meyer hatred, but that debate has been raging for three years now. The Meyer haters have thrown one theory around this entire time: that Meyer fled the SEC because he was scared of Saban and knew he could no longer compete.

Well here we are, and Meyer gets another crack at Saban. This time with a 3rd string QB. But there's a lot of people nervous about this game, more nervous than they would ever admit. This OSU team seems different this time. What they did to Wisconsin was a real eye opener. Gator fans know better than anyone how Meyer can motivate a team - and so do OSU fans, as they were on the wrong end of it back in 2006.

[video=youtube;9kSt4sYfDfE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kSt4sYfDfE[/video]
Personally, while I can't say I'm "rooting" for Meyer, I would find it EXTREMELY amusing if he beat Nick Saban after all this. It was never supposed to happen. He is cowering in fear over the man, right?

This thread will almost certainly devolve into the usual rehash of Meyer's last year, how he quit, the "broken" program, blahblahblah. Save it, we've been over it a million times. Let's talk about this game. Can the Bucknuts beat Bama?

Dicuss.

I don't get it either, but honestly don't care who wins the game. The last couple trips to New Orleans haven't gone too well for the tide.
An OSU win wouldn't shock me , so yes they can beat Bama.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TebowSnuggie-1.jpg

We all know where your allegiance is. For me, I don't care who wins the NC as long as it isn't the clown school.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
ROLL EFFIN TIDE.

SEC! SEC! SEC!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.