Baseball Team

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Does he need a "rubber" raft because he isn't a "strong swimmer"?

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Gators just finished a sweep of the Criminoles. Sweet. Also a great quote from Mike Martin after the game. It warmed my heart. “I wish I could say it's just another game but it's not just another game. Florida beat us. I am not a happy camper. I'm doing a great job of faking this whole interview. I want to get up and throw things. I want to get up and tear things up but I can't." I used to like Martin all right until he said that he would gladly have Jameis as a son-in-law.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Nice way to bounce back after losing the series to MSU this weekend. This team has the chance to do something special.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Nice way to bounce back after losing the series to MSU this weekend. This team has the chance to do something special.
Indeed. Their worst game of the year had to be the game Faedo pitched against MSU. Until then, he'd been money, as have virtually all of the staff. Just an anomaly I would think. Only time we seem to really be vulnerable this season is if the other team gets to the pitchers and/or we don't hit it, both being the case against the Bulldogs in the two losses. A strength that has maybe gone unnoticed is fielding. I think I read where the win over F$U last evening was the 4th straight error-less game. If this group can get to the CWS and not have two of the aforementioned bad game scenarios back to back, the odds look good in our favor as solid as we appear to be.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We need to go into the tournaments with well rested pitching arms. Do we have some "backup" or
lesser pitchers we can get by with (with wins) nearing the season's end??

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We need to go into the tournaments with well rested pitching arms. Do we have some "backup" or
lesser pitchers we can get by with (with wins) nearing the season's end??
We have the deepest pitching in the country. However, there's no way to not use your best in the regional, and super regional.

The World Series is anything but a series. With 8 teams that are playing so well, any team can beat any on a given night. A double elimination tourney is not a gauge of the best team. Luck is too huge a factor. It's pretty exciting though.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Not that anyone would be interested in baseball, but UF beat Arkansas 9-2 yesterday.

Last edited:

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

Sounds much like our football MNCs - winning with (or near) the toughest SOS. Lady Gators will be battle tested heading for the WCWS. Hopefully Gator Baseball will reach the Holy Grail, too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator