Basketball vs. Miami tonight

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Not the end of the world, but very disappointing. Looked like 2 different teams from the first 35 minutes and the last 5.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Lost to scum for the first time in 10 years. All kinds of Gator sports records going the wrong way lately. How do you let ONE kid go off for 21 points in a half to beat you? Also, has ANYONE on our team EVER seen a zone defense before??????

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I am really tired of guards single handedly beating us. Stauskas, Napier, Rodriguez. Hill really hurt us, and so did not having dfs and walker.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Tough loss...it is early though. If it was Jan, I'd be more worried. We'll be alright

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
MJMGator;n109079 said:
Not the end of the world, but very disappointing. Looked like 2 different teams from the first 35 minutes and the last 5.

Looked to me like one of them quit when the other didn't roll over. We went up 14, they went zone, then we pouted for the rest of the game. Extremely disappointed in this team

and to that ass hole ref....you had no issue calling the game changing charge, but you swallowed the whistle on another clear foul at the end of the game. I hope you get fired

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
We've had problems with the zone for a while now. I don't get it but we do...I think its common knowledge we struggle against it. Sometimes I wonder why teams don't go to it more

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Born2beagator;109080 said:
Lost to scum for the first time in 10 years. All kinds of Gator sports records going the wrong way lately. How do you let ONE kid go off for 21 points in a half to beat you? Also, has ANYONE on our team EVER seen a zone defense before??????

That kid got hot. We were all over him defensively. His last shot was a fall away 3 pointer. This team got really stagnant on offense and doesn't know how to move without the ball on offense yet.

They'll figure it out. Still really early.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
T REX;n109087 said:
We've had problems with the zone for a while now. I don't get it but we do...I think its common knowledge we struggle against it. Sometimes I wonder why teams don't go to it more

They should never go away from it. Tonight was a prime example. As soon as they went zone our offense went bye bye

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
True we did not adjust to the zone defense. They also heaved in a few that there is no defense for. We better learn to finish games...

DRapp

Sep 6, 2014
Inexcusable loss on your home court to an unranked state rival. I'm actually angrier than Saturdays's loss to South Carolina. Inexcusable.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I wouldn't be upset if it wasn't MIAMI! I understand we are missing 3 big pieces but anybody but Miami and FSU. This one stings.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
TallyGator;n109091 said:
True we did not adjust to the zone defense. They also heaved in a few that there is no defense for. We better learn to finish games...

Walker's absence made a huge difference. I hope he enjoyed whatever he felt was more important than his team

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Lack of depth hurt us tonight. We kinda ran out of gas and one their players got extremely hot. We battled back nicely but there's absolutely nothing you can do about Rodriguez last shot. Also the charge call was absolutely ****, I can't stand when a ref makes those calls at the end of a game. Last year we lost a few early when everyone was out. I think it's safe to say we win this game if dodo and walker are playing.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
t-gator;n109098 said:
Lack of depth hurt us tonight. We kinda ran out of gas and one their players got extremely hot. We battled back nicely but there's absolutely nothing you can do about Rodriguez last shot. Also the charge call was absolutely ****, I can't stand when a ref makes those calls at the end of a game. Last year we lost a few early when everyone was out. I think it's safe to say we win this game if dodo and walker are playing.

not just the charge call, but he swallowed the whistle on a clear foul at the end.

I know its early. But I am SICK of Florida sports streaks falling

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
DFS and Walker being out clearly hurt tonight. Just have to learn from this and move on. Nobody better to rally the troops than Billy, though.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
DRapp;n109092 said:
Inexcusable loss on your home court to an unranked state rival. I'm actually angrier than Saturdays's loss to South Carolina. Inexcusable.

Seriously?

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Always seem to lose an early game in some stupid fashion. Even the 07 championship team lost to a bad FSU team. No DFS was the reason. Billy will get this team cooking again.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Seems like when we do lose a team is always hitting crazy 3's on us in the 2nd half of the games.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Tough loss, but Billy will use it to make the team better. It's going to take time, but they will be a very good team by tourney time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.