Battle of the sexes? Brittney Griner wants to play DeMarcus Cousins 1-on-1

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It seems like Cousins is taking it with the appropriate seriousness - very little - but it's still an interesting comment. I'd love it if while they were there the two of them played to 11 or 21. Then afterward, the men's team could play against the women's team.

Just make sure it gets videoed. What do you think?

Linkydoo from Yahoo! Sports

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Griner is a ridiculously good basketball player in the WNBA, but Cousins outweighs her by a LOT. He'd push her around and win easily.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Stupid no win proposition for cousins. Win, and so what, you beat a girl. Lose, and well....

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
6'8", 207.

Can dunk with 2 hands.

Barely.

Why is she picking DeMarcus Cousins who is 6'11", 270? Offensively, he'll post her up and dunk over her every time. Defensively, her only chance is if she can hit jump shots or run around him (and I don't think she's that good of a ball-handler). He'll block everything else.

Why not go against a 6'8" NBA player like LeBron James (249) or Kevin Durant (240)?

Or try to match the weight. Our own Bradley Beal is her weight at 6'5."

She'll still get killed, but it won't look like a man playing against a boy.

Alex.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I'm so tired of modern society's irrational view of equality. Id love it if he did play her. He would destroy her.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Men's sized ball or women's? NBA three point range? She'd have no chance.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
with-a-victory-leap-over-the-net-bobby-riggs-the-tennis-star-who-picture-id502510813

Anyone for tennis?

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
How do you think a top high school team like Oak Hill Academy would do against the WNBA championship team?

The high school team will be taller, longer, heavier, and far more athletic.

The WNBA champion would stronger in their fundamentals and play better team basketball.

Alex.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
How do you think a top high school team like Oak Hill Academy would do against the WNBA championship team?

The high school team will be taller, longer, heavier, and far more athletic.

The WNBA champion would stronger in their fundamentals and play better team basketball.

Alex.
Oak hill would beat the breaks off em

Last edited:

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
I don't know whether other teams do this but the UConn women practice against a male team of former high school basketball players...all of whom are fellow UConn students. Sometimes the women win...sometimes they don't. When they first started this practice in 1994, the starting UConn guards couldn't even get the ball across mid-court. Some years UConn's only losses would be to this boys team of good high school players of less than Div. I talent. Can't imagine Griner living through a match-up against Cousins. Laughable really.

Last edited:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
But if Cousins dunks on her won't that be as vile as sending her
a Facebook of his wiener ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.