Baylor Freshmen

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
These kids don't wanna play for the guy wake Forest just shcit canned?

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It'll be interesting how this will play out. If they do have a 6'6" 350LB OL'men, give us a yell.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
In our dreams Patrick Hudson (4* G), Urquidez (4* T) and maybe Patrick Hudson (4* QB) would suddenly decide they wanted to play for us. In reality though, none of those guys even considered us. I don't know why we'd be on the list now.

The rest of the kids are all 5'6"-5'9". Weird.

Perhaps we can send Trask to Baylor though. The need the help. It's only polite.

Last edited:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The last that I read, Baylor will not be releasing any of these kids.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The last that I read, Baylor will not be releasing any of these kids.

I think they will end up having to release them. There will be too much pressure. I heard on the radio today that one of the kids was the #3 receiver in the country and Baylor filed his LOI wrong so he is free to go... the catch is that his twin brother is in the recruiting class also and needs to get out of his LOI.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Here is an article about the Baylor receiver... their top recruit.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/r...ernay-free-sign-elsewhere-nli-paperwork-error

Top-rated Baylor recruit Devin Duvernay is free to sign elsewhere after the university confirmed Thursday that it failed to submit his NLI paperwork to the Big 12 offices.

Duvernay, ESPN's No. 3-rated wide receiver in the 2016 class, had been seeking a release from his national letter of intent after the sexual assault scandal that has rocked Baylor and cost coach Art Briles his job.

A Baylor spokesman confirmed to ESPN on Thursday that its compliance department has determined that Duvernay does not have a valid NLI and said that information has been relayed to Duvernay's family and the Baylor coaching staff. Susan Peal, the director of the national letter of intent program told ESPN that she could not comment on the specific case.
According to NLI provisions, Baylor had to file Duvernay's letter to the conference office within 14 days of the final signature, otherwise the NLI would be deemed invalid.

Henry Duvernay discovered the error while attempting to submit his son's release request. He was unable to access Devin's account with the NLI database and reached out to Baylor and the NLI office for their help.

Henry Duvernay told ESPN that Peal looked into the situation and determined Baylor did not send in Devin's signed NLI.

"She said Devin is not in the system," he said. "She had her people verify that, and he is free to go."

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
LOL... How the hell do you manage to sign the #3 WR in the country and then fail to file his paperwork properly and in a timely manner? That's a pretty big screw up.

> takes extra time to alter-forge grade transcripts. Baylor's counterfeiters have been working 'round the clock.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
LOL... How the hell do you manage to sign the #3 WR in the country and then fail to file his paperwork properly and in a timely manner? That's a pretty big screw up.

The truth is that if Briles is the coach, nobody ever knows about this. The kid enrolls and there is no issue. I wonder how many times that happens and we just don't know because the kids never want to get out of their LOI...

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
No rapey, no signee! They need Briles and Starr to carry that school

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

They might've had other things on their mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator