Because I paid for that other forum...

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I did some looking around and Wasson is our backup plan in case Pineiro sticks with Bama. We offered him a preferred walk on spot. Sounds like this kid wants to be a Gator, but the coaches are keeping him on the hook until Pineiro decides.
Zero stars? :lol:
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Mitchell-Wasson-183629

Appears to get the ball up fast (unlike Hardin), needs work on kickoff distance; and the kid can be our backup punter. Better than nothing, if we strike out on EP.

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
Mitchell Wasson looks accurate within 35 yards. Light years ahead of where we were this season. He needs to develop more leg strength for long field goals and kick offs. If we don't get Pineiro, this is a viable option, and we can continue to use Hardin for kickoffs. Pray we never need him for punting.

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Mitchell Wasson looks accurate within 35 yards. Light years ahead of where we were this season. He needs to develop more leg strength for long field goals and kick offs. If we don't get Pineiro, this is a viable option, and we can continue to use Hardin for kickoffs. Pray we never need him for punting.
Accurate within 35 yards? Come on down!!!

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
Accurate within 35 yards? Come on down!!!

I could be wrong, but the first field goal looks like it's from the 36 and the second looks like it's from the 33. He barely had enough leg to make those. I assume we add 10 yards for the end zone and that's how I came up with good to go within 35 yards. Obviously kicking off a tee and kicking during a game are not the same.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Cowart is an Eskimo. And needs ice real bad.

Pinero will be a gator. Mac has locked him in his car until after signing day.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Fair enough... Here is what he basically said...

Franks is solid - we all figured this because of the video anyway... so nothing new here
Eason - we have a good chance if UGA doesn't hire an OC.... duh
Eddy Pinera (K) - probably going to Bama
Mack Wilson (LB) - going to be close... nobody knows ... I personally think he is trolling and going to Bama
Benjamin Victor (WR) - will go to OSU or possibly Miami
Nate Craig (WR) - both him and his brother will be Gators, they just want to take visits first
Marcus Tatum (OT) - we lead for him - same as other sites
Brian Burns (DE) - we lead for him - same as other sites
Nick Eubanks (TE) - we lead for him - same as other sites
Tre Nixon (WR)- leaning our way -
Eli Stove (WR) - leaning toward staying at Auburn
Byron Cowart (DE) - will try to transfer.... I doubt this will happen

Well he's doing a terrible job. There's not a single thing above that's not readily available on Twitter or the mailbag on Gator Country.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Btw, I don't think Wilson is trolling us. I believe he's a pretty firm lean toward us. He's just getting a lot of pressure from Alabama. It looks like he and all the other linebackers from that state are going to be visiting Georgia. Probably as a courtesy to Kirby. They will make their decisions until mid January at the earliest.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015

Which would make you feel sorrier for him - getting pulled to AU and then ditched by WM, or having WM as his coach for his whole career? Anyone throwing in with WM gets what they deserve.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Which would make you feel sorrier for him - getting pulled to AU and then ditched by WM, or having WM as his coach for his whole career? Anyone throwing in with WM gets what they deserve.

... unless he threw in with us holding the largest "hate-on" for WM, Kirby et al.
Finally, getting smarter by choosing Gators and playing at or near AA status, I would take it.
Such would reverberate the caveat about choosing disingenuous university programs & their coachex.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
A few years ago ESPN did a big. long piece on what most influences recruits. They factored in everything, broke it all down, pie charts and standard deviations, The whole nine yards. No big surprise but when push comes to shove and a 17 yo has to make that decision he stays close to momma. All other things being equal I'd bet on Wilson going to Alabama.
As far as Eason goes it's pretty easy to see the smart decision is for him to be a Gator. He's letting his emotions get in the way if he picks UGA. I hope he is getting some good advice.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Wilson is trolling and it's really stupid of him. Every advantage is here for him, not there

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Coward is a tweener. Tow big and slow for LB and too small to beat Sec OL (otjer than ours).

We really didnt want him anyway. Same thing for Holland.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
... unless he threw in with us holding the largest "hate-on" for WM, Kirby et al.
Finally, getting smarter by choosing Gators and playing at or near AA status, I would take it.
Such would reverberate the caveat about choosing disingenuous university programs & their coachex.
Did I detect something there?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think he's trolling. Why in the world would he single out the gators? It's not like we're rivals with bama or anything? I'm not saying he ends up being a gator , I just don't see the incentive for him to single out us.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Any word on the possibilty of Kyle Trash flipping to Pecos Community College?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator