Before you wish Grantham away....

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
A dawg???? Did ya even watch it? This guy has been pretty spot on in all of the reviews I've watched and I've never thought he was bias or a dawg. Don't really give a shiznet if he is a dawg, he is right on time.
Dekle , judgment is passed. Grantham is dead to them. He is awful. It has been written in gator stone.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
It's the Jimmy's and Joe's!

Not the scheme....

That saying of yours is not accurate.

I think you meant to say, "It's the Kevin's and the Steve's...not the scheme".

I'm pretty sure that's how it's said. Always has been too.

o_O

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Murf seems like a good guy, and his videos are spot on. He is most definitely without question
a Georgia fan though. Maybe not your typical leghumper, but he digs the red and black for sure.
This really isn't about one or even two games when it comes to fat Todd. He has a pattern of getting
roasted by teams that have a remotely successful passing attack. Whether it's Georgia the last two seasons,
Missou last year, or LSU this year, accurate QB have career days against him. He hasn't been different
at any other stop he's been at. Solid against teams that aren't great throwing the ball, and dreadful against
teams that do. Hopefully some moronic NFL GM or HC hires him away because we know Dan isn't firing
his sorry ass.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
Murf seems like a good guy, and his videos are spot on. He is most definitely without question
a Georgia fan though. Maybe not your typical leghumper, but he digs the red and black for sure.
This really isn't about one or even two games when it comes to fat Todd. He has a pattern of getting
roasted by teams that have a remotely successful passing attack. Whether it's Georgia the last two seasons,
Missou last year, or LSU this year, accurate QB have career days against him. He hasn't been different
at any other stop he's been at. Solid against teams that aren't great throwing the ball, and dreadful against
teams that do. Hopefully some moronic NFL GM or HC hires him away because we know Dan isn't firing
his sorry ass.

I think he just leaves too many guys in situations they can't handle. They other part of this is his pressure never got to Fromm...not once and we got screwed because of it. Corners off the end every once in a while or an all out with 6 or 7 and take a chance he panics and throws it away or throws a pick would have been a better option in hindsight but I think he schemed thinking Greenard and Zuniga would get there, they didn't and neither did anyone else.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think he just leaves too many guys in situations they can't handle. They other part of this is his pressure never got to Fromm...not once and we got screwed because of it. Corners off the end every once in a while or an all out with 6 or 7 and take a chance he panics and throws it away or throws a pick would have been a better option in hindsight but I think he schemed thinking Greenard and Zuniga would get there, they didn't and neither did anyone else.

Agree 100% with your first sentence. Trey Dean is a fine example of that. I've been disappointed with him
and especially Marco this year. At this point Kair needs to be playing over Marco.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
Agree 100% with your first sentence. Trey Dean is a fine example of that. I've been disappointed with him
and especially Marco this year. At this point Kair needs to be playing over Marco.

And that's on Grantham. You can't just hope they get it done. Hope ain't a plan and he should know what hi personnel are capable of and not. Just going out saying "this is how I play defense" and not having the personnel is irresponsible and thats what I think this guy leaves out of the analysis. When we couldn't handle FSUs pressure the first game, SOS put Danny in shotgun and the rest is history. Grantham seemingly never has the guys to run his scheme cause he can't recruit 8 Joe hadens and Deion Sanders.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If you watch the replay, we are almost always lined up properly, that's on the Coaches..... the execution or lack there of is on the players..... if we had depth, he could replace them but we don't so that's a wrap.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
You’ve never been right about any Gator coach. Ever.
That’s because in coach’s eyes, as long as everyone has fun and has a good time, then everyone deserves a trophy. It doesn’t matter whether we win or lose, and all the mean people with ridiculous expectations should just stfu.

You know, 0-10-1 and all.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Call him a dawg all day every day, but he posted this a week ago showing how we schemed LSU vs how Auburn pressed their receivers at the line with no cushion.

What did we do? Same thing we did against LSU, big cushion, didn't change it after the half, same result, just with a lesser QB.

It means one of two things: either coaches were incapable of coming up with a scheme like AU did (and didn't adjust and press after the half), or they simply thought our defensive players are incapable of man coverage at the LOS and hoped the offense would come through... which they could've in this game. The disaster on O this week cost us the game more than the D.

SGG

Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Call him a dawg all day every day, but he posted this a week ago showing how we schemed LSU vs how Auburn pressed their receivers at the line with no cushion.

What did we do? Same thing we did against LSU, big cushion, didn't change it after the half, same result, just with a lesser QB.

It means one of two things: either coaches were incapable of coming up with a scheme like AU did (and didn't adjust and press after the half), or they simply thought our defensive players are incapable of man coverage at the LOS and hoped the offense would come through... which they could've in this game. The disaster on O this week cost us the game more than the D.

It’s not rocket science to think that if you disrupt LSU’s receivers’ routes and get some semblance of pressure on Burrow, that it’ll slow their offense down, that’s definitely the blueprint to beat them. That’s what’s so frustrating about Grantham and his bs, SC did the same thing to UGay and they won the game.

Auburn most likely beats UGay with the same strategy they used against LSU.

SGG

Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Also notice that on half of the plays he highlights, Greenard is trying the same gd stupid stunt that he tried on nearly every passing play. Later in the game, he would still twist to the inside, but stop rushing after the passer and settle for trying to jump up and knock the ball down, which never happened.

I’m not knocking Greenard, he was obviously less than 100%, that’s on Grantham for trying the same shyt over and over and expecting a different result.

Obviously, UGay was prepared for it, because the center stonewalled him every time, and was never out of position on passing downs.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015

I've never played football, but even I was wondering wtf those lineman were doing chasing the RB down the field. LOL, good to know that wasn't how it was designed.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I like his post a lot and despite some on here who think I'm a relic and times have passed me by I'm going to try and explain the deficiency in pressure. It's not ALL personnel related but in TG's scheme it is against better competition. Here goes..
When you have to rely on "speed rushers" to play on the LOS against legit linemen in TG's wide split front it begs the offense to run on 1st down.....think about it....it's a numbers game and 5 against 3 is just not going to work unless at least 1 or 2 of the 3 can occupy 2 offensive linemen.....The solution is to get 2 or 3 legit behemoth's to even the numbers AND.....wait for it ...have at least 2 240# MF's to fill any gaps so that you don't give up 5,6 or 7 yards on a running play on 1st down....any moron OC can call a 2nd 3...c'mon....

Now what to do if you don't have those Behemoth's is to play 4 man front to change the gaps and give the smaller LBer's a chance to shutdown anything that pops through.....wait a minute I know what the uninformed are thinking....what does that have to do with pressure in passing situations???

Anyone remember the days of "blitzing LBer's??? Me too BUT you can't "hide" a well timed LB or even for that fact a well times S blitz with 3 guys spread out all over the place …..QB and RB see them too well....

It's not always about what tools you have in the shed but more about how you use them. And for those who don't believe me go back and watch our 2006 and 2008 defenses. They are for the most part textbook examples.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This guy nails the situation pretty dang well.

Youre out of your fvkking mind. Dwag Choker had top 3 talent at Ugly and his defenses were shyt then too.

I get you guys feeling the need to swallow Mullinz load but I dont get why you feel compelled to do the same with Dwag Choker.

If I were a Dwag like Top Billin, Id want Choker as DC and Willie as OC at Florida too. Dwag Choker has never won in Jax. Id Id w him back on Ugly's sidelines asap.

Choker has now had two games where he could manage a single fvkking stop against Corndogs and Dwags, and these were two marginal OCs, one running typical air raid and another running Butters 08. And we never saw the other punter.

Even directional schools with zero talent have done better. Dont tell me about talent.

Besides, Choker cant recruit for shyt either so thede is no path for him "adding talent to cover his chancre sores and herpes lesion flaws in his scheme".

Last edited:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Georgia, elite off. line. NFL RB. QB pretty damned good. Scored 2 TDs on our terrible def. TWO. Your homo-erotic imagery to describe fan loyalty may play to your fantasies but it aint my cup of Makers. For God sake, man, get a grip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.