Best College Quarterback of All Time

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The main sports forum is dominated by birthday threads and dead running backs. I thought this might help inject some needed life into the place.

Tebow at #4.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That list is sh*t without Rex on it at all.

giphy.gif

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
The list in the link is for just the 2000s. Rex and Danny were before that. edit- Rex was 99-02

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know. What is Case Keenum? Maybe we put Rex in front of that.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I think what hurt Rex was not staying all 4 years in addition to playing for a bad coaching staff his last year
What hurt him more was being screwed out of a Heisman. Having no real accolades to speak of will continue to hurt him in any of these mythical "Best ..." polls.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Baker has one Heisman and no championships. He has more passing yards--but on yards per attempt and completion percentage, the two are pretty much dead-even.

Had Tebow been in a pass-first offense like Mayfield was, the stats would've been pretty equal.

And in terms of rushing, Tebow is hands-down the better player there.

Putting him ahead of Tebow is abject nonsense.

Couldn't find direct comparisons for Tebow vs Young or for Tebow vs Cam; but I can't see any way in which either of them surpasses him in terms of looking at college **career** comparisons.

Cam had one season as an undefeated starter, Heisman winner, and national title. It was a great season (and, objectively, better than any one year of Tebow's)...but this is a ranking of best college QBs, not best-ever one year run.

Young is along similar lines: his 2005 season was incredible and likely better than any one-year of Tebow's...but he left after his junior year; only had one title and one Heisman--whereas Tebow has two titles, one Heisman, and a finalist in another year. Tebow's 4 year numbers were better than Young's 3 years at Texas.

I could possibly accept an argument that Young and Cam were more electrifying players in their prime; but Tebow was the better leader for his teams and has better career numbers. To not rank him the best is ridiculous.

Last edited:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Rapeis Winston at 16? He had just one good season. They struggled winning his sophomore year.
they won in spite of him his 2nd year. he had more picks than TDs. he was awful against tackling dummy defenses. And oregon's tiny mite defense ripped him a new a-hole. total joke of a player and person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.